Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

Top teams performance since Sanderson took over PSU

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

You are pretty sensitive about this. 3 for 10 would do that. What my predictions may or may not have been has nothing to do with your incorrect predictions while also holding yourself out to be the board expert. 

I never proclaimed to be a prediction expert.  Way too many variables for me to get this right without true inside info to things like injuries, illnesses, weight management, practice regimen, etc.

Simply put, I know wrestling and I will argue that as hard as anyone.  But, predicting winners is a loser's gambit.  There is a reason racetracks punished even the best horse aficionados or football "experts" are lucky to be .500 and sports books destroy EVERYONE!

And, yes, it makes you look VERY WEAK when you use an argument to blast me when you didn't have the balls to do it yourself.  To stay in the political realm with analogies, it is like blasting someone for being Pro-Life when you have never declared what you are.  Weak at best......

8 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Safe space?  Was I ever the one saying that?  Snowflake?  Do you even know what the insult infers?  You can dislike me all you want, but I am about as far from a snowflake as humanly possible

Now to the ACTUAL reason I said it:

He literally responded to my post to you like it was meant for him.  To be fair, I really don't think you would do that.  I just found it funny how he responded and it was screaming for me to respond that way!

Lol. Continue. By all means please!

57 minutes ago, PSUSMC said:

Which RTC doesn't have that?

I would say no other RTC has that.

But, they all have the potential to have that. Part of Sanderson's genius, I think, is creating the system for the people to excel within. He talked about it in the post-finals interview. He said sometimes he needs to just get out of the way and let the team of coaches he has built succeed. He talked about how RBY went straight to Cody (or was it Casey?) after winning, not Cael.

It seems Sanderson recognized earlier the potential for a virtuous cycle created by having a strong, integrated RTC. It makes recruiting easier, it draws coaching talent as well as wrestling talent, it creates opportunities for improvement through competition, it allows athletes to learn from each other. And then that all feeds back into recruiting.

So they all have the potential to have it, but they do not all have it.

1 hour ago, Daybreak said:

You're being like the biggest freakin cry baby on these forums. 

You do realize that your Nittany Lion's club team that is filled with studs practices every day with the college team? It'd be embarassing if they didn't have 4 champs this year with that club. Truly. No other team has that. None. It's a serious accomplishment to compete with that. 

Pretty certain Ohio state and the the scarlet knight rtcs practice a lot with the college team , and Arizona state has done it as well in recent years, and now they have a team trophy to show for it, and dake and dean are definitely mixing it up with all the college guys at Cornell because there guys  bring it up in every interview 

1 hour ago, Daybreak said:

In comparison to PSU with the wrestlers that are still around. Every RTC. The RTC's that do have studs like Dake, Burroughs, and Cox, aren't training with the college team every day. 

The RTC associated with my son's U/team did. World and National Teamers.

1 hour ago, BigTenFanboy said:

TBH before the tournament I thought Fix was on a different level compared to RBY. I was also surprised by how well RBY road him on top (even if you want to say he stalled), just like I was surprised how Deakin road Nolf 2 years ago.

This one cracked me up. One was a ride to win a national championship. The other was only surprising in that Deakin chose to ride the ankles the entire third period while already down 10 with no chance to earn a riding point, and it resulted in giving up 2 more points. Deakin's was a ride of fear. It was one of the strangest things I have every seen in a wrestling match. Number #3 ranked guy afraid to wrestle. At home no less.

38 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

This one cracked me up. One was a ride to win a national championship. The other was only surprising in that Deakin chose to ride the ankles the entire third period while already down 10 with no chance to earn a riding point, and it resulted in giving up 2 more points. Deakin's was a ride of fear. It was one of the strangest things I have every seen in a wrestling match. Number #3 ranked guy afraid to wrestle. At home no less.

Deakin was trying to not give up the TF. Had he actually wrestled 99 percent chance he would have given it up to Nolf. 

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Sorry didn't see that.  Cool, I'd be interested in that data, thanks for doing the work.

39 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I see BTF is still working through some things. It's so nice to see the forum come together to help him. I love this community.

Me thinks he did it, or at least started to, but once he noticed it favored Iowa by quite a bit he stopped!  Iowa has had the most AA's with 74 and PSU has 69.

Oh, and my original post has now been revised to include Champs and AA's!

Edited by MSU158

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

Me thinks he did it, or at least started to, but once he noticed it favored Iowa by quite a bit he stopped!  Iowa has had the most AA's with 74 and PSU has 69.

Lmao, I was referring to his mental health, but this is very funny.

2 hours ago, MSU158 said:

Yeah I was surprised he even said # of AA’s was important before, I thought # of champs was all that mattered!