jp157

Transfer portal

1 minute ago, ionel said:

And so what change in the science?  

The $1,000,000 question....This is all they said 

She cited three studies -- one from Israel and one from the United States -- that show vaccines work.

The Israeli study, which was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, showed the vaccine was 97% effective against symptomatic Covid-19 and 86% effective against asymptomatic infection in over 5,000 health care workers.

You got to love it when they say "three studies" and than turn around and say one from Israel and one from the US...I am no math major but...

And of course just when I think the CDC is using logic and common sense, they still require masks when flying...ugh...

Oh sorry...better make this about wrestling somehow or people will loose their s^*#!!  So I wonder if they will still require high school wrestler's to wear masks?  Or coaches and wrestler's on the sideline in college?  Predictions??  :)

28 minutes ago, dman115 said:

She cited three studies -- one from Israel and one from the United States -- that show vaccines work.

The Israeli study, which was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, showed the vaccine was 97% effective against symptomatic Covid-19 and 86% effective against asymptomatic infection in over 5,000 health care workers.

You got to love it when they say "three studies" and than turn around and say one from Israel and one from the US...I am no math major but...

And of course just when I think the CDC is using logic and common sense, they still require masks when flying...ugh...

We knew it was effective but they kept saying you could still carry it and spread it after vaccine so what change in the science.  Please don't tell me we were ignoring the science before with previous rules/restrictions.   ;_;

11 minutes ago, ionel said:

We knew it was effective but they kept saying you could still carry it and spread it after vaccine so what change in the science.  Please don't tell me we were ignoring the science before with previous rules/restrictions.   ;_;

LOL

44 minutes ago, dman115 said:

dman, the state of journalism in this country is pretty sad right now. I read an article this morning on the South African variant Covid B.1.351. In the article there is a heading that asks 

Is B.1.351 More Contagious?       

The author writes that it is "thought to be" more contagious, then provides "estimates" for how much it is "thought to be more contagious". 

By the end of the article the author writes "    As this variant is more contagious ...................."

She basically went from something being "thought to be" more contagious to it simply being more contagious, all with the stroke of her keyboard. Amazing. 

22 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

dman, the state of journalism in this country is pretty sad right now. I read an article this morning on the South African variant Covid B.1.351. In the article there is a heading that asks 

Is B.1.351 More Contagious?       

The author writes that it is "thought to be" more contagious, then provides "estimates" for how much it is "thought to be more contagious". 

By the end of the article the author writes "    As this variant is more contagious ...................."

She basically went from something being "thought to be" more contagious to it simply being more contagious, all with the stroke of her keyboard. Amazing. 

Ugh...

1 hour ago, dman115 said:

"She cited three studies -- one from Israel and two from the United States -- that show vaccines work."

Pretty clearly just a typo. This really isn't that hard to figure out dude. The vaccines have been in wide circulation for several months now. They're working. Now that we know that, we're transitioning back to normal. I'm not sure how "They signed off on no masks once they knew for sure vaccines were working" is a gotcha?

As far as the wording in the article, maybe they've since updated, but it says one from Isreal and two from the United States..

As far as what changes in the science, maybe its not that the science has changed but more so that we've now had the time to collect ample data on the community impact of vaccination.  In other words, over time the vaccine has proven to do what they expected it to do, so now they're comfortable with easing the restrictions.  Not so much that the science has all the sudden changed.

Just now, Lurker said:

As far as the wording in the article, maybe they've since updated, but it says one from Isreal and two from the United States..

As far as what changes in the science, maybe its not that the science has changed but more so that we've now had the time to collect ample data on the community impact of vaccination.  In other words, over time the vaccine has proven to do what they expected it to do, so now they're comfortable with easing the restrictions.  Not so much that the science has all the sudden changed.

Woah woah woah my friend. We don't take too kindly to basic understandings of the scientific method and linear time 'round these parts.

On 5/12/2021 at 12:49 PM, ionel said:

Spencer Lee to Penn St?  

Spencer Lee to the operating room? So far why bother right? Just keep going on 2 bad acls because Tom needs another trophy. Forget about the Olympics 

1 hour ago, Welcome1 said:

Spencer Lee to the operating room? So far why bother right? Just keep going on 2 bad acls because Tom needs another trophy. Forget about the Olympics 

yeah.....Spencer is not bright enough to make that decision.

7 hours ago, dman115 said:

Oh sorry...better make this about wrestling somehow or people will loose their s^*#!!  So I wonder if they will still require high school wrestler's to wear masks?  Or coaches and wrestler's on the sideline in college?  Predictions??  :)

Nothing worse than the a-holes who come to a wrestling forum to talk about wrestling and escape the same tired COVID conversation happening everywhere else...

Edited by lurk_nowitzki

16 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

"She cited three studies -- one from Israel and two from the United States -- that show vaccines work."

Pretty clearly just a typo. This really isn't that hard to figure out dude. The vaccines have been in wide circulation for several months now. They're working. Now that we know that, we're transitioning back to normal. I'm not sure how "They signed off on no masks once they knew for sure vaccines were working" is a gotcha?

My bad for pointing out s#$#% journalism...<eye roll>...surprised they did but glad they fixed the typo.

And how did you get that I was trying to do a "gotcha"??  I literally was happy about the announcement.  But because I personally feel they had all the information from  the "scientific method" (this is laughable at best) for awhile now...and had first hand knowledge of what would happen if we did go maskless given several states had done the "scientific method" for months and months already.  Not to mention...didn't they already know the vaccines work from the clinical trials...they did "approve" them for use didn't they?  What did they base that approval off of??  But hey, let's just follow things blindly and don't question anything because government will take care of everything and tell us exactly what and how to think.  

You say you work at a university??  I take it they don't teach critical thinking there....

4 hours ago, dman115 said:

But hey, let's just follow things blindly and don't question anything because government will take care of everything and tell us exactly what and how to think.

lol...the govt is god until my guy’s not in office, then “they are the devil Bobby Boucher, the DEVIL!”

Edited by Drew87