jp157

Transfer portal

42 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Serious question - a scant 6 months ago when thousands were dying every day, did you consider mandatory masks in public to be a violation of your rights?

Thanks for the serious question (I'll leave the "thousands were dying every day" comment alone)...I do think it was a violation of one's personal rights to have the mandatory mask mandate in place.  I feel that way for many reasons and would rather not bore people with a long post in regards to the why's.  With all that being said, I followed the rules and wore my mask where required.  I have had Covid and I have received the Moderna vaccine.  That was my choice to get vaccinated as it should be every single person's OWN choice whether or not to do so.

This whole thing got turned into a political farce and it quite frankly is a display of American's at our worse...I am talking about both sides.  Anyway, I just can't stand the illogical hypocrisy that has happen in regards to this virus and it is absolutely scary that some people can't see it.  If you blindly follow what the CDC and Fauci have said, you are wrong!  If you feel this is a hoax and it isn't serious, you are wrong!

44 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I imagine he is also very strongly anti-abortion.

Yet also feels that a person's medical decisions should be theirs and theirs alone.

Well...once again...you are WRONG!

47 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I imagine he is also very strongly anti-abortion.

Yet also feels that a person's medical decisions should be theirs and theirs alone.

Like the baby being aborted gets to make their own medical decision? 

15 minutes ago, dman115 said:

Thanks for the serious question (I'll leave the "thousands were dying every day" comment alone)...I do think it was a violation of one's personal rights to have the mandatory mask mandate in place.  I feel that way for many reasons and would rather not bore people with a long post in regards to the why's.  With all that being said, I followed the rules and wore my mask where required.  I have had Covid and I have received the Moderna vaccine.  That was my choice to get vaccinated as it should be every single person's OWN choice whether or not to do so.

This whole thing got turned into a political farce and it quite frankly is a display of American's at our worse...I am talking about both sides.  Anyway, I just can't stand the illogical hypocrisy that has happen in regards to this virus and it is absolutely scary that some people can't see it.  If you blindly follow what the CDC and Fauci have said, you are wrong!  If you feel this is a hoax and it isn't serious, you are wrong!

I consider this a reasonable response.

It is a personal choice to get a vaccine, as it has always been. The sticking point here is that unlike measles and polio, covid is an active outbreak.  The ones who choose not to be vaccinated must pay a price of that choice, no different than they would for measles.   No in person school, work-place restrictions and so on and so forth.  They are unwilling to do that, which is cowardice and entitlement.

15 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I consider this a reasonable response.

It is a personal choice to get a vaccine, as it has always been. The sticking point here is that unlike measles and polio, covid is an active outbreak.  The ones who choose not to be vaccinated must pay a price of that choice, no different than they would for measles.   No in person school, work-place restrictions and so on and so forth.  They are unwilling to do that, which is cowardice and entitlement.

Hard to argue.  The only thing that could be argued would be the school's and work-places putting in restrictions, but than again, most work places are private companies and should be able to make those types of requirements, and there are options for parents and students if they do not like what the school put's in place for restrictions, so again, I am good with that.  To me the biggest problem is when the government puts restrictions into place that limit people and private business' rights.  Probably have more issue with the hypocrisy when it came to the small business' versus the large box stores.  But that is whole other topic and this thread will probably get shut down soon anyway because of the abortion talk so...nice chatting.  :)

17 hours ago, Swayz said:

Like mask for COVID or we talking the attach to the headgear type?  I'd assume the former.   Stupid on them for doing that,  in all honesty Big 10 did a lot of things that didn't make sense.  Like you can only compete in conference for duals and B10 tournament...but your span is from Nebraska to NJ/Maryland?  WTF!?   Meanwhile you had other programs in other conferences that as long as everyone was testing you were good to dual them.   For me it makes a helluva lot more sense on say Iowa and Iowa State wrestling each other than Iowa going out to Maryland and competing.  Same state with same guidelines,  and both were under testing protocols.   Iowa State was smart in scheduling all sorts of teams that tested.  Loras, UNK, and Wartburg all had chances to take on Iowa State which was fun from a small college fan.    

Basically every school in the country had a mandatory mask rule on campus. Did you really not know that? He would have to wear one during class (if they weren't online) and walking to practice.

No idea what his condition was, but had to be serious enough in his eyes for him to double down and give up a shot at wrestling at PSU, especially with 157 open.

And for those arguing about the vaccine, this was pre-vaccine.

13 hours ago, ionel said:

Pretty much nope. 

i don't want to go back and read the pages of dumb sniping so could someone explain the difference in protocols, factually, with minimal editorializing? (everyone already knows i'm a pro-vax commie so feel free to yell about that if it makes you feel good)

On 7/13/2021 at 9:11 AM, Plasmodium said:

Incorrect.  Masks help prevent spread, not infection.

if masks prevent spread, why do they have to stick a swab half way through my skull?  why cant they test a droplet

On 7/12/2021 at 4:39 PM, Le duke said:

Requiring students to wear a mask was stupid? What?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he had a medical exemption... but I get it.  The premise of Big 10 athletics as a whole was what is stupid.   Nebraska can dual Maryland, but can't dual South Dakota State.   Nebraska basketball can play Rutgers,  but can't play Creighton 50 miles away.   

2 hours ago, wrestlefan1 said:

if masks prevent spread, why do they have to stick a swab half way through my skull?  why cant they test a droplet

They can do other tests,  but not as cheap and paid for like all of the tests we have for the last year and half almost. 

2 hours ago, Swayz said:

If he had a medical exemption... but I get it.  The premise of Big 10 athletics as a whole was what is stupid.   Nebraska can dual Maryland, but can't dual South Dakota State.   Nebraska basketball can play Rutgers,  but can't play Creighton 50 miles away.   

It's not about the distance travelled, obviously.  It was about managing the protocols that each school kept to:  all the B1G schools (should have) followed the same protocols, making inter-B1G competition much simpler.

I never got the medical exemption thing. Isn't it if someone has trouble breathing with one on? Let me think... what could possibly be a reason for having trouble breathing? In the local districts/regions suddenly in the regions one team found a lot of kids claiming exemptions. I don't have a problem but shouldn't they have to test?

1 hour ago, gimpeltf said:

I never got the medical exemption thing. Isn't it if someone has trouble breathing with one on? Let me think... what could possibly be a reason for having trouble breathing? In the local districts/regions suddenly in the regions one team found a lot of kids claiming exemptions. I don't have a problem but shouldn't they have to test?

Yes. Further - if I am a wrestler and care about my wrestling goals more than anything else the last thing I want is a test.  Ask Nicky Pushups.

4 hours ago, klehner said:

It's not about the distance travelled, obviously.  It was about managing the protocols that each school kept to:  all the B1G schools (should have) followed the same protocols, making inter-B1G competition much simpler.

Be interesting to see how they traveled.   Bussed right to a tarmac to then get on private planes?