jp157

Transfer portal

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Verk has diabetes.  He has a very controlled lifestyle as far as diet goes, so I don't think him going up or down is as easy or as ideal as staying at 149lbs.  He never really cut for 149lbs.

Good point. People forget about that (including me), but obviously it's a huge factor for Jarod. If Verk goes 149, Kem will have to wrestle off with Badgett at 157, and Burnett will take a RS. That's probably the ideal actually.

5 hours ago, IronChef said:

Kolat recruited a ton of guys, many of whom weren't really D1 level wrestlers. They were there to fill out the room and pay tuition. I think it's a combination of losing the coach who recruited you and finding out you're never going to be in the lineup.

Outside of being 45 minutes from Raleigh, Campbell is also pretty much literally in the middle of nowhere.  I could see it being a place where some kids don't like the school/location, not necessarily having anything to do with the wrestling team (although of course some may like that aspect).

Just now, 1032004 said:

Outside of being 45 minutes from Raleigh, Campbell is also pretty much literally in the middle of nowhere.  I could see it being a place where some kids don't like the school/location, not necessarily having anything to do with the wrestling team (although of course some may like that aspect).

Can't you climb mountains and stuff?  I'd absolutely love that.

8 hours ago, jp157 said:

I don’t think they’re too inflated. It’s the question of relative success and that he took a nearly cut program giving up 5+ forfeits to beating the perennial top 2 teams in the conference year in and year out plus the other stuff.

Now is it “big 10” standards no. But only holding schools and wrestlers to that kind of standard is a big part of why the sport is shrinking 

The year they were forfeiting five matches a dual was Kolat’s first year, and that was because they were ineligible for the postseason due to being in APR purgatory (they needed a waiver for multiple consecutive years after that because his predecessor left the team in such trouble APR-wise). Truth is, had Kolat not redshirted many of his wrestlers, they would’ve likely hit the road for other pastures. There were problems in Buies Creek prior to Kolat’s arrival, but the forfeits were a symptom, not the root cause.

Just now, SetonHallPirate said:

The year they were forfeiting five matches a dual was Kolat’s first year, and that was because they were ineligible for the postseason due to being in APR purgatory (they needed a waiver for multiple consecutive years after that because his predecessor left the team in such trouble APR-wise). Truth is, had Kolat not redshirted many of his wrestlers, they would’ve likely hit the road for other pastures. There were problems in Buies Creek prior to Kolat’s arrival, but the forfeits were a symptom, not the root cause.

I’m aware. I was more pointing out what he did more than anything 

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Chase Singletary's last official school list was North Carolina, Cornell, Ohio State, Penn State, and Oklahoma State.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/5052594-best-big-man-left-chase-singletarys-school-list

Oklahoma State has had a huge hole at Heavyweight for a couple years.  Singletary or Gas Tank Gary would be a great filler until Ferrari moves up

5 hours ago, Kov88 said:

Will Bentancourt to tOSU

13 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Solid pickup

Betancourt improved every year at PIAAs. Qualifier but DNP, then 7th, then 5th, then Champ. His coach at Manheim Central was also a PIAA champ a while back for Cumberland Valley.