jp157

Transfer portal

On 3/26/2021 at 10:54 AM, Mphillips said:

You don't believe he is moving up next season?

He gave an interview the other day saying its 50 /50 percent chance he moves up to heavyweight next season, it sounded like the Oklahoma staff want him at 197 for atleast this upcoming year 

On 3/26/2021 at 10:43 AM, Cowboy08 said:

Oklahoma State has had a huge hole at Heavyweight for a couple years.  Singletary or Gas Tank Gary would be a great filler until Ferrari moves up

Harris made it further for Oklahoma state this year than either of those guys would have at heavyweight, His ncaa wins over Elam and stencil are better than any career wins gas tank Gary or singletary have 

On 3/26/2021 at 9:43 AM, Cowboy08 said:

Oklahoma State has had a huge hole at Heavyweight for a couple years.  Singletary or Gas Tank Gary would be a great filler until Ferrari moves up

51 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Harris made it further for Oklahoma state this year than either of those guys would have at heavyweight, His ncaa wins over Elam and stencil are better than any career wins gas tank Gary or singletary have 

My thought also and where is evidence of a "huge hole?"  The holes this year were 125 & 141, next year different holes.  You don't have to have 10AAs to have a solid team, they have another potential option next but yeah Singletary & Gary don't appear to "fill" anything. 

34 minutes ago, ionel said:

My thought also and where is evidence of a "huge hole?"  The holes this year were 125 & 141, next year different holes.  You don't have to have 10AAs to have a solid team, they have another potential option next but yeah Singletary & Gary don't appear to "fill" anything. 

If anything Harris confidence should be at an all time, reaching the blood round of ncaas, while knocking off 2 top 10 guys , while singletary and the gas tank both werent starters for the worst Ohio state squad in years, Oklahoma state would be better off looking elsewhere for transfers 

2 hours ago, ionel said:

First off, 125 is not a hole by any stretch.  Mastrogiovanni did a VERY good job this year as a freshman, yes he didn't AA but that doesn't mean the weight is a hole he had an absolutely brutal draw in the tournament losing to DegAugustino in the 1st round and beat Ragusin who I think is really really good. He may not win a title but he will be a 2 or 3 time AA by the time he graduates.

If you actually watched the Oklahoma State matches, Harris is pretty bad.  Unfortunately he is extremely undersized against these heavy's and is really a 197lber forced to go heavy because there is no one else but he is not even remotely competitive against top 15 guys, he literally had the tournament of his life and I wish he got that AA trophy but he has NEVER shown an ability to compete like that before and I highly doubt he does it again, let alone consistently.  You can't even compare the talent level between a guy like Singletary and Harris, it would be a massive upgrade

6 minutes ago, Cowboy08 said:

First off, 125 is not a hole by any stretch.  Mastrogiovanni did a VERY good job this year as a freshman, yes he didn't AA but that doesn't mean the weight is a hole he had an absolutely brutal draw in the tournament losing to DegAugustino in the 1st round and beat Ragusin who I think is really really good. He may not win a title but he will be a 2 or 3 time AA by the time he graduates.

If you actually watched the Oklahoma State matches, Harris is pretty bad.  Unfortunately he is extremely undersized against these heavy's and is really a 197lber forced to go heavy because there is no one else but he is not even remotely competitive against top 15 guys, he literally had the tournament of his life and I wish he got that AA trophy but he has NEVER shown an ability to compete like that before and I highly doubt he does it again, let alone consistently.  You can't even compare the talent level between a guy like Singletary and Harris, it would be a massive upgrade

Have you seen singletary wrestle the past 2 seasons? He looks like a shell of the top recruit that he was, more than likely his confidence is shot 

2 minutes ago, Cowboy08 said:

how many points did Mastro score in tourney vs Harris?  Yes it was a hole this year, kid not good on bottom, was obvious it was gonna hurt him in tournament but it was a "free year" so made sense to get him experience.  Sure Harris looked bad at time but he scored points.