Jump to content
uncle bernard

What's going on in Columbus?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Some people are just very passionate about their Skyline chili in the great Ohio debate

I don’t blame them given that it’s the perfect meal or snack at any time of day.  Also skyline at Polaris is just as good as any skyline outside of the actual city limits of Cincy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noodler said:

Columbus is a terrible city. OSU is a terrible school and an ugly campus. This looks like the beginning of the end of OSU wrestling as an elite program.

Do you go to what some call the school up north? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

After another disappointing year, Myles Martin has announced he's leaving to train at Rutgers. Seems like things haven't been the same since Snyder left. 

Ohio State is simply drifting back down to it's normal "also-ran" level. They'll be back in another 20 years or so! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Noodler said:

Hah yeah, good guess. I was definitely a little harsh, but the idea is right. Wait and see

I met someone who said Michigan State was the snobby school and Michigan was the blue collar chill one. I’m used to this person saying stupid things.. but I nearly fell out of chair laughing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jp157 said:

I met someone who said Michigan State was the snobby school and Michigan was the blue collar chill one. I’m used to this person saying stupid things.. but I nearly fell out of chair laughing 

Hah! I literally went here because it's the snobby school and has the brand name degree. I'm from Pittsburgh and couldn't care less about the Mich-OSU rivalry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Ohio State is simply drifting back down to it's normal "also-ran" level. They'll be back in another 20 years or so! 

They could use some good nutritional supplement recommendations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Noodler said:

Hah! I literally went here because it's the snobby school and has the brand name degree. I'm from Pittsburgh and couldn't care less about the Mich-OSU rivalry 

Yeah... I still don’t get how this person could say that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Noodler said:

Who? Me? Or what are you trying to say....

The person. I had NEVER heard anyone say MSU was the snobby rich elite school and Michigan the more down to earth chill school in my life before this person

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jp157 said:

The person. I had NEVER heard anyone say MSU was the snobby rich elite school and Michigan the more down to earth chill school in my life before this person

Growing up there (Michigan), I never heard either of those things.  Ever.  SParty was the party school.  Michigan for doctors.  That was about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nhs67 said:

Growing up there (Michigan), I never heard either of those things.  Ever.  SParty was the party school.  Michigan for doctors.  That was about it.

Yeah MSU people I know get pissed because they feel like UM treats them like a MAC school lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jp157 said:

The person. I had NEVER heard anyone say MSU was the snobby rich elite school and Michigan the more down to earth chill school in my life before this person

Oh my bad.... I think I was being defensive because of my previous comment on OSU lol (apologies). Yeah that makes no damn sense. Like it's literally the state school and UM is a top school nationally. That guy must have took the MSU recruiting pitch to heart 

Edited by Noodler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, madcat11 said:

Imagine how the MAC people feel

It depends. Miami people incorrectly feel like they’re superior to everyone. The rest of the Ohio schools are happy to even get called university’s after someone finally realized their dissertations were coloring books.  The Michigan schools stay in their lane and admit their teacher colleges with extra majors available and I have no idea what Ball State is doing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Noodler said:

Columbus is a terrible city. OSU is a terrible school and an ugly campus. This looks like the beginning of the end of OSU wrestling as an elite program.

I think the rest of the big 10 should thank ohio state for the loads of money each school makes from Ohio State football.  Its not like Penn St wrestling is providing the Big 10 with much money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jp157 said:

It depends. Miami people incorrectly feel like they’re superior to everyone. The rest of the Ohio schools are happy to even get called university’s after someone finally realized their dissertations were coloring books.  The Michigan schools stay in their lane and admit their teacher colleges with extra majors available and I have no idea what Ball State is doing

Don’t get me started on Miami!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...