uncle bernard

What's going on in Columbus?

24 minutes ago, Stl said:

Is 9th place really that noteworthy for Tom Ryan? Mizzou doesn't get near the blue chip recruits as tOSU and finishes top 10 consistently.

Ryan did lose a likely finalist and possible champ early in the season, granted the guy who replaced him took 5th, I’d say everything that could go wrong for Ohio state the last 12-18 month has gone wrong, will be interesting to see how Ohio state responds next season 

16 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Ryan did lose a likely finalist and possible champ early in the season, granted the guy who replaced him took 5th, I’d say everything that could go wrong for Ohio state the last 12-18 month has gone wrong, will be interesting to see how Ohio state responds next season 

Ryan never should have brought in Orndorff when he had Gas Tank Gary

38 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I assume you mean Karchla?  He is one of the few bright spots, cannot wait to see how he does. 

35 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Ryan never should have brought in Orndorff when he had Gas Tank Gary

I think both of their ceiling was 8th place and Orndorff did it out of the 21 seed, winning 3 straight tough matches on the backside (2 upsets) I don’t see gas tank Gary pulling that off, especially considering he came in way out of shape this season 

15 minutes ago, jeffrideal said:

I assume you mean Karchla?  He is one of the few bright spots, cannot wait to see how he does. 

Yea ,coming into the year I would have favored him over everyone except , the bull, Griffith and Mehki , but I thought he could end up in 1 takedown matches with any of them, hopefully he has a smooth rehab and we can see what he can do next year 

4 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I think both of their ceiling was 8th place and Orndorff did it out of the 21 seed, winning 3 straight tough matches on the backside (2 upsets) I don’t see gas tank Gary pulling that off, especially considering he came in way out of shape this season 

Yeah, but Gary gets the people GOING.

37 minutes ago, madcat11 said:

Yeah, but Gary gets the people GOING.

I agree, but that was last season. GTG didn't look the same nor wrestle the same as he did last season. He wasn't getting anyone, "GOING" this year.                                                                      He got to be a hero and an idol for a season. Most kids don't get that. I hope he gets to wrestle next season somewhere. I'll be rooting for him.

3 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea ,coming into the year I would have favored him over everyone except , the bull, Griffith and Mehki , but I thought he could end up in 1 takedown matches with any of them, hopefully he has a smooth rehab and we can see what he can do next year 

I agree, I think he can win it all with the limited amount we know about him at the collegiate level.  Hopefully he has a bottom game, because it will not be taught at tOSU. 

6 hours ago, jp157 said:

It depends. Miami people incorrectly feel like they’re superior to everyone. The rest of the Ohio schools are happy to even get called university’s after someone finally realized their dissertations were coloring books.  The Michigan schools stay in their lane and admit their teacher colleges with extra majors available and I have no idea what Ball State is doing

Wait... Miami people aren't superior?

5 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Kharchla has skills.  Enough skills to keep an AA on the bench.  If he has a smooth recovery, Griffiths reign may only be a year. 

On 3/23/2021 at 1:59 PM, Antitroll2828 said:

Likely finalist?

you had Kharchla in the finals preseaon at that weigh? 

4 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Likely finalist?

you had Kharchla in the finals preseaon at that weigh? 

No, I thought he could be top 5, but after watching how the bracket shook out I definitely think he could have made the final this year...I mean Jake Wentzel is great and all but like 0-4 against Bullard and lost 10-3 to joe lee last year, so I don’t think it’s to wild to say he was a likely finalist 

On 3/23/2021 at 11:05 AM, madcat11 said:

Lived in all 3 and would agree.

I personally would put Cincy a tick above CBus but certainly two really good places to go.  Cleveland remains a dump because of terrible leadership but a great food scene.

Biggest problem with Ohio St. has been talent identification. 

Here is some Top 10 p4p recruits they've signed recently

Jordan Decatur

Greg K

Chase Singletary 

Gavin Hoffman

In 2019, Willie ranked their class #1 and it clearly was based on high school performance. The class included:

Greg K #1 overall - Transferred out before wrestling a match.

Decatur #4 overall  - Two-year starter at the biggest hole in the roster.

Kharcla #5 overall - Looked great in freestyle before tearing ACL. Who knows how he recovers.

Quinn Kinner Top #50 overall - Non-starter at 157, another big hole for the Buckeyes.

So far, that 2019 #1 recruiting class was a monster bust and it will take several years for Ohio St. to recover unless they hit the transfer market hard and get Kharcla back healthy.

7 hours ago, Sstern said:

I personally would put Cincy a tick above CBus but certainly two really good places to go.  Cleveland remains a dump because of terrible leadership but a great food scene.

Then why is one of the best two places in Kentucky?

Biggest problem with Ohio St. has been talent identification. 
Here is some Top 10 p4p recruits they've signed recently
Jordan Decatur
Greg K
Chase Singletary 
Gavin Hoffman
In 2019, Willie ranked their class #1 and it clearly was based on high school performance. The class included:
Greg K #1 overall - Transferred out before wrestling a match.
Decatur #4 overall  - Two-year starter at the biggest hole in the roster.
Kharcla #5 overall - Looked great in freestyle before tearing ACL. Who knows how he recovers.
Quinn Kinner Top #50 overall - Non-starter at 157, another big hole for the Buckeyes.
So far, that 2019 #1 recruiting class was a monster bust and it will take several years for Ohio St. to recover unless they hit the transfer market hard and get Kharcla back healthy.

Yeah, I agree. When your recruiting 103 lbers (Heintzelman) and 215 lbers Singeltary to bolster your line up. Things cam get out of hand quickly.

Honestly, Marinelli's decommient probably cost them the national title.

Time to rebuild.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk