Jump to content
AHamilton

So can Penn State stop destroying Kerkvliet and Berge future now?

Recommended Posts

Now that Cael and Penn State went 4 for 4 on Saturday night can they stop ruining Greg Kerkvliet and Brady Berge...Greg was already wrestling on one torn acl for years and now he’s pushing through a second, and while I appreciate his dedication to the team, someone needs to be an adult in this program and tell him to get healed up.. it’s ridiculous, the man has Olympic gold potential but at this rate he ll have arthritis in both knees by the time he’s 25 .  Not to mention the long term effects of the concussions suffered by Berge and now the undetermined leg injury.

Greg really has the potential to do something few wrestlers have ever done for team usa but Cael couldn’t seem to care less. He have complete tunnel vision on the the college program , probably to the fault of their wrestlers health ..

I would much rather see Greg win 2-3 world titles and Olympic gold than watch his undersized and chronically injured body get pounded by brutes like Cassiopi and Schultz, and then be medically screwed the rest of his life 

Does anyone from Penn State administration, or athletic department , or John Fritz himself see that Lee interview last night and ask Cael “what the hell are you doing”, ruining one of the best team USA prospects in a long time , just so PSU can maybe go 5 for 5 once a decade? With injuries like this someone needs to be an adult and tell Greg and Brady to take care of their bodie, they only get one, but from the interview last night I’m guessing Cael's whole attitude being passed to his wrestlers is win at all costs to get "more point scorers."

hope Greg and Brady can finally get their bodies right before long term damage starts to set in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Greg hasn't had an ACL in years.  He said in an interview prior to even going to Penn State that he wasn't planning on getting anything fixed.

I know you're just being a troll tool, but no reason to be an idiot troll tool.

Berge?  I agree.

According to some people’s logic it’s the responsibility of Cael to force Kerk and Burge to stop for their own good. Well,. If those people aren’t blatant hypocrite 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, simple said:

Berge will never rep the US senior team at worlds or the olympics and Kerk hasn’t injured himself in a PSU uniform. Nice try though!

Aren’t you the person who blatantly and directly called people wife abusers because of one or two posts taken out of context? People like you make the act of drinking craft beer carry the risk of being seen as a hypothetical internet virtue signaler who actually useless in reality when it comes to helping solve societal problems. 

Oh and that “point” of yours doubles the hypocrisy... because if it’s actually about the coaches are just supposed to look after the best interests of their athlete.. and it’s not really just about the athletes only doing good for the teams or coaches someone likes.. the OPs point stands.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gowrestle said:

Worthy of a discussion for all college athletes. I think the Suriano saga indicates how PSU treats injured student athletes. 

People are either aware of the realities of DI athletics or they aren’t. The hypocrisy comes out when they only are aware of coaches they don’t like 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jp157 said:

People are either aware of the realities of DI athletics or they aren’t. The hypocrisy comes out when they only are aware of coaches they don’t like 

here is the real rub...

it isn't just D1 athletics... it is anything with any risk at all...

we live in the safest period in the history of this planet and it has bred the absolute softest and most self righteous "people" ever...

back when everyday life was an actual struggle, i have to assume that most were not such nancies like is proven on a daily basis on this bbs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LJB said:

here is the real rub...

it isn't just D1 athletics... it is anything with any risk at all...

we live in the safest period in the history of this planet and it has bred the absolute softest and most self righteous "people" ever...

back when everyday life was an actual struggle, i have to assume that most were not such nancies like is proven on a daily basis on this bbs...

I’m referring to several things not just playing hurt lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jp157 said:

I’m referring to several things not just playing hurt lol. 

as am i...

but...

mostly i am referring to a bunch of nobodies making up their own version of the truth to fit whatever their agenda is and then acting so self righteous about it as if they actually matter...

it is a luxury that very few on this planet actually are afforded...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jp157 said:

According to some people’s logic it’s the responsibility of Cael to force Kerk and Burge to stop for their own good. Well,. If those people aren’t blatant hypocrite 

You are literally comparing a guy with a torn acl in each knee ,( both that have happened wrestling for Iowa) to a guy who tore his acl when he was 16 wrestling in high school in Minnesota....Berge had a concussion and sat out an entire season , he literally wrestled 1 match like 4 months after the concussion, and Cael didn’t like what he saw and sat him...I mean hell if he let Berge wrestle against Iowa last year , penn state wins the dual ....but like I pointed out before a lot of you “adults” only care about your favorite school and don’t really give a damn about the athletes, which is exactly why this completely disingenuous thread was made 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

You are literally comparing a guy with a torn acl in each knee ,( both that have happened wrestling for Iowa) to a guy who tore his acl when he was 16 wrestling in high school in Minnesota....Berge had a concussion and sat out an entire season , he literally wrestled 1 match like 4 months after the concussion, and Cael didn’t like what he saw and sat him...I mean hell if he let Berge wrestle against Iowa last year , penn state wins the dual ....but like I pointed out before a lot of you “adults” only care about your favorite school and don’t really give a damn about the athletes, which is exactly why this completely disingenuous thread was made 

no...

this thread was made specifically to make fun of you and how silly you are...

i got it...

a couple of others did as well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LJB said:

no...

this thread was made specifically to make fun of you and how silly you are...

i got it...

a couple of others did as well...

Yea a grown ass man making a post mocking me because I brought up the very real point that Spencer Lee is broken and if he doesn’t heal up soon, his long term wrestling future is toast ...this is just a joke of a thread from Iowa fans, mocking the the injuries other student athletes bc they are salty that I accused brands of caring more about a team title , then the health of his generational athlete 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea a grown ass man making a post mocking me because I brought up the very real point that Spencer Lee is broken and if he doesn’t heal up soon, his long term wrestling future is toast ...this is just a joke of a thread from Iowa fans, mocking the the injuries other student athletes bc they are salty that I accused brands of caring more about a team title , then the health of his generational athlete 

poor thing...

quit being so silly and you might not get pointed and laughed at as much...

personal accountability is clearly not something you prescribe to...

perhaps you should look into it...

it will ruin some of our fun here, but, you will be more of a real person with it...

either way...

obli di obli da...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea a grown ass man making a post mocking me because I brought up the very real point that Spencer Lee is broken and if he doesn’t heal up soon, his long term wrestling future is toast ...this is just a joke of a thread from Iowa fans, mocking the the injuries other student athletes bc they are salty that I accused brands of caring more about a team title , then the health of his generational athlete 

Wait.. his long term wrestling future? I just thought was about his quality of life 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jp157 said:

Aren’t you the person who blatantly and directly called people wife abusers because of one or two posts taken out of context? People like you make the act of drinking craft beer carry the risk of being seen as a hypothetical internet virtue signaler who actually useless in reality when it comes to helping solve societal problems. 

Oh and that “point” of yours doubles the hypocrisy... because if it’s actually about the coaches are just supposed to look after the best interests of their athlete.. and it’s not really just about the athletes only doing good for the teams or coaches someone likes.. the OPs point stands.. 

Based on first hand experience I stand by the opinion that people who make excuses for an elite athlete possibly threatening to kill a woman are much more likely to be abusers themselves than people who aren’t defending it/making excuses. 

As for the topic at hand you have to take it case by case. Spencer has a brighter future and has destroyed his body repeatedly for Iowa. I personally think he should quit college wrestling if he ultimately wants to win world & Olympic golds. But that’s his decision. Not Brand’s or Iowa’s. He doesn’t owe them anything. It’s not like they stuck by him when everyone else bailed or did him any favors or anything like that. He could’ve, and still could, wrestle anywhere he wants.

Berge might have a brief senior career, but in all likelihood these years are the highlights of his career. If I were him I’d be more likely to put my body on the line.

Kerk wrestling was dumb unless he’s 100% healthy. This was a free year and they had a capable heavyweight. It wouldn’t have made a difference in the team score. I think they thought he was better than he actually is. He’s clearly not on the same level as the top 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...