Jimmy Cinnabon

What school has the "stalliest" wrestlers?

1 minute ago, Noodler said:

If no one likes you, maybe the problem is with you, not them. Just something to think about Sir!

there are at least 4 people on this planet that like me very much...

i'm still not sure how i feel about that...

3 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Just make sure Julia Salata doesn’t find anything out that she’ll post on Twitter when she wants attention 

i really wish i got this...

i feel like it might have made me chuckle...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

not one person on this bbs is making anything better...

self aggrandizing does not do that...

there are ways to actually be impactful...

seems like you are describing yourself when posting about folk

39 minutes ago, LJB said:

oh don't you worry, son...

i post on there as well when i feel compelled...

but...

there are considerably less pretentious people on that side, so, sometimes this side serves a purpose for me...

you're welcome...

says the most pretentious poster in history

I’ll throw a team out there that hasn’t been mentioned yet, NC State. Pat Pop coaches his wrestlers to back up to the boundary and wrestle there. Trent Hidlay does it the most obviously, but Hayden Hidlay and some of their other more high profile wrestlers do it as well. On top the Bullard brothers ride legs parallel to the hips quite a bit too. They are all also pretty good at doing it while making it appear they are working hard, while they really are just maintaining control. 

Pop coaches it really well though because you wouldn’t notice unless you watch a ton of their matches and look for it. 

7 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

I’ll throw a team out there that hasn’t been mentioned yet, NC State. Pat Pop coaches his wrestlers to back up to the boundary and wrestle there. Trent Hidlay does it the most obviously, but Hayden Hidlay and some of their other more high profile wrestlers do it as well. On top the Bullard brothers ride legs parallel to the hips quite a bit too. They are all also pretty good at doing it while making it appear they are working hard, while they really are just maintaining control. 

Pop coaches it really well though because you wouldn’t notice unless you watch a ton of their matches and look for it. 

I’ll take high quality stalling that requires effort over the crap that’s being more and more common 

Too funny seeing fans of teams whose wrestlers routinely dropped to a leg and held on a long time get upset with PSU wrestlers top ride. This is the modern day "I can't beat you so I will claim your technique illegal".  Like the Tony Nelson ride being a stall, the Zain leg ride being a figure 4, and now this one. 

6 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Too funny seeing fans of teams whose wrestlers routinely dropped to a leg and held on a long time get upset with PSU wrestlers top ride. This is the modern day "I can't beat you so I will claim your technique illegal".  Like the Tony Nelson ride being a stall, the Zain leg ride being a figure 4, and now this one. 

So ankle pinching with no intent to turn is active good non stalling ? Yes or no

You see a lot of wrestlers stalling by simply wrestling at the edge of the mat. Start awarding pushout points from the neutral position and it will dramatically change some of these strategies being employed by inferior wrestlers. It's much harder to call stalling from the top position when riding time is accounted for. It's really tough to watch one wrestler pushing all the action while the other is essentially stalling by wrestling at the edge of the mat to avoid being taken down. 

All teams and they do it because it is allowed by the officials. Penn State kind of changed that narrative with relentless offense and it was fun to watch. Now it seems they have reverted to defensive wrestling. So likely wasn't do much coaching and philosophy as much as the athletes.

RBY has the ability, but the match with Fix was a snoozer. When he finally did decide to shoot, it was an effortless, uncontested takedown. Why not do that the whole match?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Come on tbar. Please for once say something not 100% pro psu, or try to defend them over something that is in the Grey area. They use the ankle pinch as a stall. I don't blame them and until it's called keep doing it. But there is no need to get defensive, or deny that it's used as a stall ride. It works, it's not called, and is dumb to stop if they won't call it. Despite iowas win this year, your team is still THE team, you could try to be a little less bias, it'd make you a much more tolerable poster. It won't change the fact that in 2 years they will be on top again if it doesn't happen next year.

Your team has had some of the most dynamic wrestlers in the last 15 years. You could atleast admit that there are some elite stall riders on your team also.

Edited by Molsen

11 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

I think they take the part at 6:45 or so to heart at NC State.

What, by insinuating that we should get rid of folkstyle wrestling? No thanks. Folkstyle is the best style. Let's improve the rules and officiating  
Folkstyle sucks. Sumo is better.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk