Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Boulder shooter being characterized as a wrestler - why?

Horrible tragedy, numerous news stories keep mentioning the shooter ( I won't mention his name because he doesn't deserve fame or notoriety) as a high school wrestler.  I mean, why is that relevant at all?  If he was on the high school chess team or bowling team would they mention that?

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Horrible tragedy, numerous news stories keep mentioning the shooter ( I won't mention his name because he doesn't deserve fame or notoriety) as a high school wrestler.  I mean, why is that relevant at all?  If he was on the high school chess team or bowling team would they mention that?

Pushing the aggression angle, I guess.  

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Yes. If you listen to these big stories where younger folks...(enter tragic incident here)....you hear about interests and activities they were in, quite often. This stood out to you, because it’s wrestling. 

Don't sweat it.  He went to AWest, so he couldn't have been a real wrestler. 

I was shocked when they revealed his age on the news today.  From his bloody perp walk yesterday, I pegged him at 50.  I bet he has serious mental defects. 

7 minutes ago, aknipp said:

The media doesn't want to mention his religion or national origin.  

Even Reddit, which is the 90% hardcore AOC level liberals. (But less useful because even if you disagree with her she’s actually doing something, they just keep getting shocked and outraged about things they should see coming but never do anything)

Are calling that out right now

19 minutes ago, LJB said:

And let’s be honest...

This is the perfect opportunity for the OP to create yet another ridiculous thread that is designed for a specific purpose…

Damnit, I didn’t look at the author before I responded. F*** ME!  

I’m not having a good day. 

20 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Damnit, I didn’t look at the author before I responded. F*** ME!  

I’m not having a good day. 

I get it...

I enabled one of my stalkers today...

full moon?

I'd say its because he reportedly once lost a wrestling match and threatened to "kill everybody."  They're focusing on the violent  threat more than the fact that he was a wrestler per se, IMO. 

The WSJ reported this about his wrestling:

“He was kind of scary to be around,” said Dayton Marvel, a teammate on the wrestling team. Alissa once had an outburst and threatened to kill people during an intra-team match, Marvel said.
“His senior year, during the wrestle-offs to see who makes varsity, he actually lost his match and quit the team and yelled out in the wrestling room that he was like going to kill everybody,” Marvel said. “Nobody believed him. We were just all kind of freaked out by it, but nobody did anything about it.”...
“He would talk about him being Muslim and how if anybody tried anything, he would file a hate crime and say they were making it up,” Marvel said. “It was a crazy deal. I just know he was a pretty cool kid until something made him mad, and then whatever made him mad, he went over the edge — way too far.”
Edited by HurricaneWrestling2

24 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

I'd say its because he reportedly once lost a wrestling match and threatened to "kill everybody."  They're focusing on the violent  threat more than the fact that he was a wrestler per se, IMO. 

“He was kind of scary to be around,” said Dayton Marvel, a teammate on the wrestling team. Alissa once had an outburst and threatened to kill people during an intra-team match, Marvel said.
“His senior year, during the wrestle-offs to see who makes varsity, he actually lost his match and quit the team and yelled out in the wrestling room that he was like going to kill everybody,” Marvel said. “Nobody believed him. We were just all kind of freaked out by it, but nobody did anything about it.”...
“He would talk about him being Muslim and how if anybody tried anything, he would file a hate crime and say they were making it up,” Marvel said. “It was a crazy deal. I just know he was a pretty cool kid until something made him mad, and then whatever made him mad, he went over the edge — way too far.”

Awesome.  I know Dayton!  He is a cool kid, although he is not so much a kid anymore.

3 hours ago, RichB said:

Too bad there was not a good guy with a gun, like a police officer

It's too bad - tragic really - that a police officer had to die.  Along with nine other souls.

Edited by red blades

On 3/23/2021 at 1:44 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Why don't you pay your debts?

On 3/23/2021 at 8:18 PM, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

He was that guy on the team that was already on the edge, and eventually descended into mental illness.  Everyone's probably been around someone like that at some point.  It's too bad that it puts wrestling in somewhat of a bad light.