Jimmy Cinnabon

Many of AAs this year were Italian

51 minutes ago, dtry222 said:

There are things to be proud of, and being Italian is definitely one of those things. Cannot be having anti-Italian discrimination permeating this sport

Reminds me of a very funny (but much panned) episode from The Sopranos.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

As a sidebar, I did 23andMe a while ago.  I grew up with an idea of where my ancestors originated, but knowing for certain is really interesting.  What I had grown up believing was in the ballpark, but not even close to the full picture.  I highly recommend 23andMe for those that are curious.  The amount of information they can give you in exchange for $100 and a vial of spit is incredible.   

59 minutes ago, Frank_Rizzo said:

As a sidebar, I did 23andMe a while ago.  I grew up with an idea of where my ancestors originated, but knowing for certain is really interesting.  What I had grown up believing was in the ballpark, but not even close to the full picture.  I highly recommend 23andMe for those that are curious.  The amount of information they can give you in exchange for $100 and a vial of spit is incredible.   

I did the same and also had some unexpected results.  Cool they show you how many neanderthal genes you have.  Explained a lot in my case

1 hour ago, Frank_Rizzo said:

$100 and spit sounds like a decent Tuesday evening to me...

1 hour ago, Frank_Rizzo said:

Spit? I sent them something else....

45 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I did the same and also had some unexpected results.  Cool they show you how many neanderthal genes you have.  Explained a lot in my case

Probably every wrestler has 10% Neanderthal DNA, lol. 

19 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Reminds me of a very funny (but much panned) episode from The Sopranos.  

Our worthless mayor and city council in Columbus, Ohio took down the statue of Christopher Columbus that had stood in front of city hall since 1955. 

It was a gift from our sister city in Genoa, Italy.   Twenty-eight feet tall and weighs 3 1/2 tons.

Cost:  $90,000 to take it down and store it.  

Edited by TheOhioState
Adding on to it

3 hours ago, simple said:

Lol calling me insane because I actually believe in doing things to make Society better instead of pretending to care by accusing people online... 

What a sniveling little rat like person you must be. I’m sure you loudly call yourself a male feminist so that girls like you. 

For everyone else. He called me insane because my experience with people like him I’m real life is that they end up being the most racist teachers or hurt women. Apparently explaining behavior I’ve seen multiple times makes me insane 

3 hours ago, TheOhioState said:

Our worthless mayor and city council in Columbus, Ohio took down the statue of Christopher Columbus that had stood in front of city hall since 1955. 

It was a gift from our sister city in Genoa, Italy.   Twenty-eight feet tall and weighs 3 1/2 tons.

Cost:  $90,000 to take it down and store it.  

I'm not convinced that was a, 'bad' move. That's been coming since they made the Santa Maria disappear years ago.

Edited by Mphillips

On 3/24/2021 at 7:49 PM, flyingcement said:

I am actually 2.4% Italian.  

On 3/25/2021 at 12:36 PM, olddirty said:

Im pretty proud of the life my little brother and little sister have made for themselves.  I didnt accomplish that for them

Is "proud" the right word then? Pride is by definition about your own accomplishments . . . Hence the sin

20 minutes ago, jackwebster said:

Is "proud" the right word then? Pride is by definition about your own accomplishments . . . Hence the sin

"a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired."