Sign in to follow this  
maccky

Travis Lee vs Logan Stieber

I tried to post here, but it looks like it didn't appear for some reason, so excuse this post if it ends up being a duplicate, but Stieber was also born in January of 1991, meaning he's a 22 year old sophomore. Travis Lee was a 22 year old senior. FWIW...

I tried to post here, but it looks like it didn't appear for some reason, so excuse this post if it ends up being a duplicate, but Stieber was also born in January of 1991, meaning he's a 22 year old sophomore. Travis Lee was a 22 year old senior. FWIW...

Thats kinda crazy, I had 5 years of college COMPLETED at 22 years of age.

Pathetically, this is how bad info gets spread, by irresponsibly presenting facts. You should note that he is a 22 year old redshirt sophomore (in other words a junior) and his January birthday would indicate that he'll be spending most of his SENIOR (academic) year as a 22 year old as well. He will graduate at 23, potentially slightly older than most typical grads but def not the 24 or 25 that could be inferred from your skewed post...

Pathetically, this is how bad info gets spread, by irresponsibly presenting facts. You should note that he is a 22 year old redshirt sophomore (in other words a junior) and his January birthday would indicate that he'll be spending most of his SENIOR (academic) year as a 22 year old as well. He will graduate at 23, potentially slightly older than most typical grads but def not the 24 or 25 that could be inferred from your skewed post...

Logan is currently a 22 year old sophomore in terms of eligibility, as his birthday is January 24, 1991 (unless this is wrong, in which case I apologize):

http://themat.com/section.php?section_i ... leID=24954

So, that said, he'll be 24 when he uses up his eligibility, which is one or two years older than normal (two in the case of Travis Lee). Not sure what I said that's inaccurate...

He'll graduate when he's 24. Nothing in Frank's post was inaccurate or skewed.

Right. And that being said, I'll take a comparably aged Travis Lee over a comparably aged Logan Stieber any day (provided someone has a DeLorean available). For instance, when Lee was a 19-20 year old true sophomore, he was an undefeated national champ at 125.

BigRedMachine,

I would not say materially older than Dake. They're the same birth year.

It still does place Dake's accomplishments into context. Won four NCAA titles in his first four years out of high school, and was Fargo aged to be a Cadet after his freshman and sophomore years of high school.

Right. And that being said, I'll take a comparably aged Travis Lee over a comparably aged Logan Stieber any day (provided someone has a DeLorean available). For instance, when Lee was a 19-20 year old true sophomore, he was an undefeated national champ at 125.

As opposed to Logan who was also an undefeated national champion during his 2nd year out of high school, only at 133.

Interesting to note that they both beat dominant PA wrestlers in the finals, Oliver (3X AAA), and Fleeger (2X AA).

As opposed to Logan who was also an undefeated national champion during his 2nd year out of high school, only at 133.

Interesting to note that they both beat dominant PA wrestlers in the finals, Oliver (3X AAA), and Fleeger (2X AA).

Undefeated, if you don't count losses to Oliver and (I believe) Dardanes. And it was what should have been his third year out of high school. It's atypical to graduate high school when you're 19.

Don't get me wrong: Stieber's a hammer and will probably win a World/Olympic medal before he's done. However, I'd take Lee if they're the same age.

Undefeated, if you don't count losses to Oliver and (I believe) Dardanes. And it was what should have been his third year out of high school. It's atypical to graduate high school when you're 19.

Don't get me wrong: Stieber's a hammer and will probably win a World/Olympic medal before he's done. However, I'd take Lee if they're the same age.

Oops, not sure what I was thinking...

What makes you take Lee if you think Stieber is on his way to an Olympic medal? After 2 years in college would you have said the same thing about Lee?