Rocep

St. Eds AA count

8 hours ago, lu_alum said:

Good to know. What does this have to do with St Eds’ streak?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fair enough haha.  I was trying to put into perspective what it would be like for a program to have constant stream of AAs.  Whereas our school was decent and had decades between.  I'm thinking Blair Academy would probably give St. Ed's a run for their money in terms of AAs but haven't looked closely enough to say for sure

43 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

fair enough haha.  I was trying to put into perspective what it would be like for a program to have constant stream of AAs.  Whereas our school was decent and had decades between.  I'm thinking Blair Academy would probably give St. Ed's a run for their money in terms of AAs but haven't looked closely enough to say for sure

Thanks for the follow-up explanation.  Welcome to the forum.

13 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

STED had a 35 yr streak of AA. I believe it ended in 18. If Blair is even close...kudos to them.

19 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

STED had a 35 yr streak of AA. I believe it ended in 18. If Blair is even close...kudos to them.

Blair’s current run goes back to 2002 Moccos freshman year, it could be longer but I didn’t see any placers in 2001 from blair at first glance 

blair had a freshman AA this year in Chris Cannon ( Ferrari also spent a little time at blair) and have Shane Van Ness coming in next year, not hard to imagine the streak goes on another 4-5 yrs atleast 

Covid actually probably helped keep the streak intact bc I don’t think they would have had an AA in 2020

Edited by Antitroll2828

4 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Blair’s current run goes back to 2002 Moccos freshman year, it could be longer but I didn’t see any placers in 2001 from blair at first glance 

blair had a freshman AA this year in Chris Cannon ( Ferrari also spent a little time at blair) and have Shane Van Ness coming in next year, not hard to imagine the streak goes on another 4-5 yrs atleast 

Nineteen years is pretty damn respectable. It's not STED respectable, but Blair is the only team even capable of catching them at this point.

14 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

How many years was the streak when it ended?

According to this Flo article from 2017, the D1 streak started in 1991 and there was another streak from 1982-1989. In 1990 they had a DII All-American, but not DI. 

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/5062427-st-eds-incredible-ncaa-tournament-all-american-streak

12 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Bergen Catholic has two CHAMPS this year if you count AJF

He was only at Bergen for a few weeks before his brother dropped some kid and they moved back to Texas...Bergen did have a likely AA have to sit this year bc of the IVYs( Chris Foca)

Edited by Antitroll2828

7 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He was only at Bergen for a few weeks before his brother dropped some kid and they moved back to Texas...Bergen did have a likely AA have to sit this year bc of the IVYs( Chris Foca)

I thought he left Blair due to his brother fighting, not Bergen Cath. His stay at BC was also short and he was not eligible for states. But he did attend.