NJDan

Last Chancers with a Chance

Does anyone in the last chance tournament have a real chance at making the team?

I think Gabe Dean has a shot b/c he wrestled David Taylor tough and could have won. But I don't see anyone else with any shot. 

Am I missing someone?

22 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Does anyone in the last chance tournament have a real chance at making the team?

I think Gabe Dean has a shot b/c he wrestled David Taylor tough and could have won. But I don't see anyone else with any shot. 

Am I missing someone?

Nope.  But I doubt dean really stands a chance with DT in a best of three.  Just doesn't seem plausible if DT is back to WC form.

Nope.  But I doubt dean really stands a chance with DT in a best of three.  Just doesn't seem plausible if DT is back to WC form.

Also: actually making 86kg, then wrestling after 2hrs, and then wrestling the multiple matches to make it to Taylor? All of those favor Taylor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, NJDan said:

Am I missing someone?

I think Eierman could make it as that weight is somewhat open.  He did just beat Khingashivilli in a FS match.  

5 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

I think Eierman could make it as that weight is somewhat open.  He did just beat Khingashivilli in a FS match.  

Eierman does not seem to be registered in the Last Chance tourney. Is he already qualified for the OTT?

5 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Eierman does not seem to be registered in the Last Chance tourney. Is he already qualified for the OTT?

I do not think he is already qualified - I thought he would be at the LCQ

I think people are grossly forgetting the fact that toons like Dean and Lugo haven't made scratch weight in a very long time.  Lugo hasn't been under 149 since high school.  Dean hasn't been 189 since freestyle season after college.

I think it effects Dean less, but someone like Lugo may have a tough time dropping 6lbs+ off a very lean frame.

4 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Eierman's going to win Last Chance and the Trials, but he couldn't win NCAA's?

The registration deadline has passed, and Eierman is not on the list of competitors. Total entry numbers

Senior Men's Freestyle
Freestyle
57 kg 18
65 kg 25
74 kg 38
86 kg 29
97 kg 17
125 kg 22
Total 149
Senior Women's Freestyle
Freestyle
50 kg 10
53 kg 14
57 kg 18
62 kg 20
68 kg 13
76 kg 7
Total 82
Senior Greco-Roman
Greco-Roman
60 kg 26
67 kg 21
77 kg 17
87 kg 18
97 kg 14
130 kg 15
Total 111

18 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Eierman's going to win Last Chance and the Trials, but he couldn't win NCAA's?

He would without a doubt be a very long shot - It's moot now anyway it doesn't appear he will be entering.

1 hour ago, lu1979 said:

He would without a doubt be a very long shot - It's moot now anyway it doesn't appear he will be entering.

Is it possible he qualified at the Farrell or something like that in 2019. I can't find a list of entrants?

It might be a more than fair comparison. 
Eierman's style might translate better to free.

I think he relies way too heavily on putting himself in situations that will result in 2 points for exposure being awarded to his opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk