Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Rule change for edge of mat (not pushout)

so you are saying that using a high single to walk someone out of bounds is good wrestling?

i think its stalling, you are avoiding wrestling.

oh the unintended consequences the weak minded unleash on the rest of us in so many ways

3 hours ago, GockeS said:

so you are saying that using a high single to walk someone out of bounds is good wrestling?

i think its stalling, you are avoiding wrestling.

oh the unintended consequences the weak minded unleash on the rest of us in so many ways

it has been explained to you previously as if we would explain to a child , it did no good...

**shrugs**

Referees are calling stalling a lot more than they used to, in terms of backing up to the edge of the mat.  Creating a push out just let’s the referee off the hook.  For example, someone back last up to the edge or is forced to the edge, he just circles back in.  Coaches look at the ref looking for a stall call...the ref says, “not my problem anymore.”

instead of calling it STALLING, call it PASSIVITY.  Stalling lends to thinking a wrestler is preserving a lead.  Passivity lends to a whole new interpretation.

is sitting on an ankle more passivity?  Or stalling?  Riding is passive, working for the pin fall is NOT passive.

if there is a push out, we need to take away riding time as well.   

Instead of push out, I would rather see stalling taken away and substituted for PASSIVITY and the shot clock (first period only for SC).  Then straight passivity calls for the rest of the match.  3 passivity calls and you lose.