BigTimeFan

With Spencer Lee out who’s our Rep?

31 minutes ago, de4856 said:

Well, I wonder if RBY can make 57 and still be able to complete at his optimum level. If he can, I think it’s probably going to come down to him, Gilman, Nicky Pull-ups and Fix. 

Seriously, no mention of VITO?  HE beat both RBY and Nicky pull-ups in freestyle.  Gilman he had an issue with.  He is a monster freestyler.  I think he has at least as good a chance as anyone else in the weight.

6 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I am hoping vito, thinking gilman. 

And can we not parrot Flos insanely lame nick names please. 

Gilman's a tough one for Vito, but there are others at the weight that are capable of taking him out.

vito...

fix hasnt been able to pull the trigger in the big matches for years...

gillman has regressed since going to NLWC...

suriano will be a tough out for anyone, but, vito has already done it and he is wrestling much much better now then the 19 open...

yep...vito...

33 minutes ago, RED said:

Seriously, no mention of VITO?  HE beat both RBY and Nicky pull-ups in freestyle.  Gilman he had an issue with.  He is a monster freestyler.  I think he has at least as good a chance as anyone else in the weight.

Hasn't Vito also struggled with Fix?  I remember one year Vito hit Fix with a big move but Fix came back to win the match.

I'm leaning Suriano. Gilman wouldn't surprise me, but I don't like his upside at this point. Same deal with Fix (who would have thought that a few years ago and what happened to his trap arm gut???).

Spencer was the only guy I could see coming in and separating himself. Without him, there are 4-5 guys who could win, but I don't feel good about medals for any of them.

Well Vito will be in the mix, but he did lose to Gilman in January at the Henri Deglane. I know that was a few months ago, but I think that a heck of a lot would have to go in Vito’s favor to get by Gilman in Fort Worth. Now I don’t remember how Fix and Vito match up, but Fix is a former World Team member, so my feeling is that like Gilman, Vito would have to have a lot to go right for him to get by Fix. Now Suriano has come off a great performance at the Henri Deglane, and a pretty good one at the Matteo Pellicone, earlier in March. So I have to believe that Suriano has the hot hand right now. I believe that Vito’s last action was in February where he beat a couple of good wrestlers in Sanders, and Russell. Now I know someone will point out that Saunders pinned Gilman at this event, but I believe it was a case of Gilman trying for a gut wrench and getting stepped over by Zach. So I wouldn’t count on that happening again. And the reason I mentioned RBY, look at his recent performance at the NCAA’s. He looked quick and formidable. 

I’m kinda leaning Gilman or Suriano.  I like Vito but his defense is not as good as these two and defense is pretty key.  

I really hope it is not Fix.  I just picture myself watching the Olympics and screaming at the TV to ‘DO SOMETHING!’ 

I like Vito just because he’s not afraid to go for it. I would hate to get to the end of a match with Fix or Suriano and watch them lose 1-0 because they spent 6 minutes sizing up their opponent. Gilman would be my second choice. But yeah, Vito would be my guy because I know he’s going to get after it and leave it all on the mat.