Sign in to follow this  
headshuck

Taylor should bump to 174

How tall is Ruth? Seems like 184 is his ideal weight class.

5-10ish but both he and Taylor hardly cut any weight at all. Easy for those guys to make weight.

5-10ish but both he and Taylor hardly cut any weight at all. Easy for those guys to make weight.

Really? He looked very tall to me at NCAA's. I would have guessed 6 feet.

Any chance brown could make 165? I seem to remember him being listed as 165/174 on the Penn State website earlier this year

Really? He looked very tall to me at NCAA's. I would have guessed 6 feet.

Any chance brown could make 165? I seem to remember him being listed as 165/174 on the Penn State website earlier this year

Well, Ed told me he was 5-10 so that is what I'm going by. Quentin Wright is about 6-0 6-1 and considerably taller than Ed.

Not sure on Brown but I'm almost positive he certified at 165. With that said, I think it would be pretty tough for him to do it for an entire year.

Not going to happen. You can't be shuffling with the line-up of the team who just won their 3rd title in a row and is favored to win a 4th just because "it would be something" to see Taylor go up and face Howe.

I'd love to see it - but I don't think it happens. Unless Taylor has to go up because of weight issues (he doesn't) - he can't do it. Ruth is going nowhere - so someone would be bumped out - for no reason. Taylor at 165 is clearly best for the team. Here's hoping Howe goes 165!! :D

Not going to happen. You can't be shuffling with the line-up of the team who just won their 3rd title in a row and is favored to win a 4th just because "it would be something" to see Taylor go up and face Howe.

I'd love to see it - but I don't think it happens. Unless Taylor has to go up because of weight issues (he doesn't) - he can't do it. Ruth is going nowhere - so someone would be bumped out - for no reason. Taylor at 165 is clearly best for the team. Here's hoping Howe goes 165!! :D

It's extremely unlikely, but theoretically could make the team better. Taylor at 174 is a potential champ (I see him beating Howe and Perry). If Brown isn't too drained he is a potential champ at 165 with his only competition being Caldwell.

If things stay as they are now, Taylor wins 165 while Brown winds up anywhere from 2nd to 6th. Even a DNP is possible if he gets a tough draw and runs into one of the other studs in the blood round.

It's extremely unlikely, but theoretically could make the team better. Taylor at 174 is a potential champ (I see him beating Howe and Perry). If Brown isn't too drained he is a potential champ at 165 with his only competition being Caldwell.

If things stay as they are now, Taylor wins 165 while Brown winds up anywhere from 2nd to 6th.

You are switching a basically certain Champ at 165 up to 174 to face possibly his only competition in college (Howe) plus having him wrestle bigger guys now - and simultaneously taking your returning finalist at 174 ( who is not small to begin with) and sucking him down another 9 lbs for the entire season. That does not make the team stronger - no matter how you spin it.

If things stay as they are now, Taylor wins 165 while Brown winds up anywhere from 2nd to 6th.

Maybe, but I don't think it's a sure thing that Taylor beats Howe, especially at 174. I would rather take the surest things and that is Taylor racking up bonus points towards another likely title at 165 and Brown staying at 174 where he continues to improve.

I think people automatically assume that Brown will go back to consistently losing to the likes of Storley, Evans, etc on a regular basis and I don't think that is entirely true. Brown lost 4x before the finals, and at least two of those matches he was winning until his aggressiveness cost him the match late, where he gave up a takedown. The first meeting with Storely he was winning until he got caught and decked. Woulda, coulda, shoulda but I believe Matt has finally 'learned' how to win those close matches against elite kids and it showed at Big Tens and Nationals.

Still, the weight is loaded next year and I like my guy Brown to do very well. He is easily one of the hardest working kids I've ever been around, 3.97 GPA, AA wrestler, ROTC cadet, husband...not sure where he has the time.

That would mean Brown to 184, Ruth to 197.
Yeah...but we all know bumping them all up will never happen. That would leave a huge hole at 165. That would also mean having to sit Morgan McIntosh.

165-Taylor

174-Brown

184-Ruth

197-McIntosh

or

165-???

174-Taylor

184- Brown

197-Ruth

Pretty easy call if ya ask me.

Yeah...but we all know bumping them all up will never happen. That would leave a huge hole at 165. That would also mean having to sit Morgan McIntosh.

165-Taylor

174-Brown

184-Ruth

197-McIntosh

or

165-???

174-Taylor

184- Brown

197-Ruth

Agreed. Although I will say I think Vollrath could do decently at 165 if he bulked up during the offseason.

165-Taylor

174-Brown

184-Ruth

197-McIntosh

or

165-???

174-Taylor

184- Brown

197-Ruth

Agreed. Although I will say I think Vollrath could do decently at 165 if he bulked up during the offseason.

Yeah..you might be right but I'd prefer a lineup that includes McIntosh over one with Vollrath. In my opinion, sitting McIntosh might mean sitting a potential NCAA champion...dare I say that??

Yeah..you might be right but I'd prefer a lineup that includes McIntosh over one with Vollrath. In my opinion, sitting McIntosh might mean sitting a potential NCAA champion...dare I say that??

Look, I agree that the bump, while it makes some sense since Vollrath looked good, makes less overall sense than the DT-Brown-Ruth-McIntosh lineup, Morgan McIntosh has done literally nothing to prove he's NCAA championship material at this point. Big talent, but yeah, let's calm down.

165-Taylor

174-Brown

184-Ruth

197-McIntosh

or

165-???

174-Taylor

184- Brown

197-Ruth

Oh, I definitely agree that the lineup is better without the bump. Especially because I think all those guys would be undersized up a weight.

Look, I agree that the bump, while it makes some sense since Vollrath looked good, makes less overall sense than the DT-Brown-Ruth-McIntosh lineup, Morgan McIntosh has done literally nothing to prove he's NCAA championship material at this point. Big talent, but yeah, let's calm down.

You are exactly right....McIntosh hasn't done anything that indicates he will ever become a champion. That being said, I feel he will eventually win a title and possibly this year. That's just my opinion...nothing more...nothing less. I only put it out there to illustrate why I feel a lineup that includes McIntosh would be best for PSU.

If things stay as they are now, Taylor wins 165 while Brown winds up anywhere from 2nd to 6th. Even a DNP is possible if he gets a tough draw and runs into one of the other studs in the blood round.

Right because Howe didnt beat your Taylor in Freestyle :lol: :lol:

Wow, nice sentence Vak.

Wow, nice sentence Vak.

I stared at it for like a minute to see if it made grammatical sense. I think it does, but it was a doozy.

Right because Howe didnt beat your Taylor in Freestyle :lol: :lol:

My Taylor? have you looked at my username? :lol: :lol: