Sign in to follow this  
headshuck

Taylor should bump to 174

It's extremely unlikely, but theoretically could make the team better. Taylor at 174 is a potential champ (I see him beating Howe and Perry). If Brown isn't too drained he is a potential champ at 165 with his only competition being Caldwell.

If things stay as they are now, Taylor wins 165 while Brown winds up anywhere from 2nd to 6th. Even a DNP is possible if he gets a tough draw and runs into one of the other studs in the blood round.

Right because Howe didnt beat your Taylor in Freestyle :lol: :lol:

My Taylor? have you looked at my username? :lol: :lol:

Maybe he thinks you're Kyle Dake.

David is "Taylor-made" for Andrew Howe...sorry, DT's going to be a 1 timer if he goes 174.

Just what is it about their previous match that makes you think DT could possibly win?

AH is even stronger than Dake.

Not going to happen. You can't be shuffling with the line-up of the team who just won their 3rd title in a row and is favored to win a 4th just because "it would be something" to see Taylor go up and face Howe.

I'd love to see it - but I don't think it happens. Unless Taylor has to go up because of weight issues (he doesn't) - he can't do it. Ruth is going nowhere - so someone would be bumped out - for no reason. Taylor at 165 is clearly best for the team. Here's hoping Howe goes 165!! :D

It's extremely unlikely, but theoretically could make the team better. Taylor at 174 is a potential champ (I see him beating Howe and Perry). If Brown isn't too drained he is a potential champ at 165 with his only competition being Caldwell.

If things stay as they are now, Taylor wins 165 while Brown winds up anywhere from 2nd to 6th. Even a DNP is possible if he gets a tough draw and runs into one of the other studs in the blood round.

David is "Taylor-made" for Andrew Howe...sorry, DT's going to be a 1 timer if he goes 174.

Just what is it about their previous match that makes you think DT could possibly win?

AH is even stronger than Dake.

Not going to happen. You can't be shuffling with the line-up of the team who just won their 3rd title in a row and is favored to win a 4th just because "it would be something" to see Taylor go up and face Howe.

I'd love to see it - but I don't think it happens. Unless Taylor has to go up because of weight issues (he doesn't) - he can't do it. Ruth is going nowhere - so someone would be bumped out - for no reason. Taylor at 165 is clearly best for the team. Here's hoping Howe goes 165!! :D

This is my favorite argument people use. "He already lost to this guy - how can he beat him in the future?!"

You would think after seeing some of the turn-arounds in the past decade people would learn that previous results - when talking about guys on the same high level - are not reliable.

Also, this is all ridiculous anyway because Taylor is not going 174...it makes literally no sense whatsoever. When we start hearing about Howe going 165 then lets continue with the "Howe is way to strong for Taylor - didnt you see their freestyle match!?" argument. Until then let's give it a rest.

Are Howe and Taylor the same age or is Howe older? I believe 2009 they were both true freshman, no?

Howe graduated from high school a year before Taylor so I would assume he is older. Taylor's redshirt year ws 2010, and he was born December 1990 I believe.

Howe would crush Taylor.

Because Taylor gets crushed by lots of people? Or anyone for that matter. Dake beat him 3x by what... a point every time and once in OT? He wasn't even crushed in his ONE loss his FR year vs. Bubba, he got out of position and was cradled and pinned by a very strong and determined BJ.

... Are you talking about freestyle of folk style?

Dake beat DT by pin in Freestyle yet only win by 1 point in Folk. Obviously much closer.

You don't think there any difference between the two? Didn't Chamberlain beat Oliver in Freestyle last summer too?

Howe would crush Taylor.

Because Taylor gets crushed by lots of people? Or anyone for that matter. Dake beat him 3x by what... a point every time and once in OT? He wasn't even crushed in his ONE loss his FR year vs. Bubba, he got out of position and was cradled and pinned by a very strong and determined BJ.

Howe is a horrible matchup for Taylor. There was a video with Jake Herbert where he was saying just how strong Howe was when they wrestled, if you look at his match with JB before he was injured he was right in the game with JB. JB is arguably the most dominant wrestler on the planet at the moment. Howe’s style is just that Crushing. He will not tech fall Taylor but the match will never be in doubt. The only open question is how he recovered from his injury.

Makes no sense for Taylor to bump up for the season, but how about at the All-Star Dual? It'd be great to see Taylor take on Howe there, even if up a weight. The only downside is that it jeopardizes his Hodge chances if he loses, but then again, if he wins, its a huge feather in his cap if the Hodge vote is close.

If everyone can bump up, it makes some sense if you think Vollrath can give you at least as much as McIntosh would have at 197. But I think it makes less sense for the team and for Taylor. Dake moved up, but he was chasing specific history. Taylor would be moving up essentially for a challenge, but it wouldn't be nearly as "historically important" on an overall scale. The risk far outweighs the reward, IMO.

Why again would Taylor beat Howe. Dake hasn't beat Howe. So why would Taylor.

Perfectly reasoned and logical. Obviously if A beats B, and C beats A...B could never beat C. That is just silly !!!

This has never happened, ever! :roll: :roll: :lol:

Why again would Taylor beat Howe. Dake hasn't beat Howe. So why would Taylor.

Perfectly reasoned and logical. Obviously if A beats B, and C beats A...B could never beat C. That is just silly !!!

This has never happened, ever! :roll: :roll: :lol:

Don't tell that to the 174 lbers this year. :lol:

Jason T-shirts destroyed Darrion Caldwell in freestyle. What do you think the odds are he could do it in folk?

Dude Caldwell hsn been the same wrestler since the injury, remember before that Caldwell beat our oly rep and made the world team. The situations aren't remotely close, a healthy Caldwell was likely going to be our 2012 rep.

Jason T-shirts destroyed Darrion Caldwell in freestyle. What do you think the odds are he could do it in folk?

Dude Caldwell hsn been the same wrestler since the injury, remember before that Caldwell beat our oly rep and made the world team. The situations aren't remotely close, a healthy Caldwell was likely going to be our 2012 rep.