nom

OTT - the thrill and the agony

OTTs is going to be incredible.  So wish I could be there.  Given the number of guys and gals I’ve watched and the story lines I know, I feel it is going to be the single greatest tournament I would have ever been to.

While I won’t be there, I still expect to feel a ton of emotion.  So many great competitors.  So many will lose.  I expect there will be a few ‘big guns’ that will stumble before the finals and the shock they will feel will be palpable.

There will be a few guys that go above expectations and their thrill will be felt.

And the finals ... wow.  The definition of the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.  One on one. Raw.   I’ll be very happy for the one side and feeling horrible for the other. 

Wish I could be there with fellow fans to share in the emotion.  It is going to be amazing.  Already have taken Friday off from work to watch.  

Best wishes to all competitors.  You are already right to call yourselves amazing simply by being there.  Really hope you all can wrestle your best and keep injuries at bay.

31 minutes ago, JBluegill133 said:

Who will be the olympic teams most surprising addition?  Someone lower on the ladder who gets hot during the tournament ala frank molinaro last cycle.

If it's going to happen it'll be at 57 or 65.  

74 is locked down with the known entities.

86 is locked down with DT / Zahid.

97 is locked down with Snyder / Cox 

HwT has Gable/Gwizz/Parris.

If any of them won it would be of no real surprise to anyone (although Zahid beating DT would be significant).

57 may be a crapshoot.  Fix, Gilman, Nicky pushups, Vito, maybe RBY.  List is lengthy.

65 also fits this bill.  I could see a Henderson or a Mckenna getting hot at the right moment.

Those two weights are most likely, and if I'm calling my shot, it would be Nicky Pushups and Mckenna as the two that are not considered Tier one currently to make the team.

If any of them won it would be of no real surprise to anyone (although Zahid beating DT would be significant).
57 may be a crapshoot.  Fix, Gilman, Nicky pushups, Vito, maybe RBY.  List is lengthy.
65 also fits this bill.  I could see a Henderson or a Mckenna getting hot at the right moment.
Those two weights are most likely, and if I'm calling my shot, it would be Nicky Pushups and Mckenna as the two that are not considered Tier one currently to make the team.

Shouldn’t Gabe Dean be included in the 86 discussion?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can’t wait either 

I think it’s within the realm of possibility but would be a huge shocker if Zahid takes our DT. It won’t be quite as big a shock but still a big deal if J’Den wins.

I think if Dake wins it will be as expected but still    huge turn of events. As much as I’d wager a decent amount on Dake I can’t say I count JB out. His only recent losses were to world champs and he’s got the winning record. Still JB has shown signs of slowing.

Meanwhile. I’m really hoping Yianni not only wins but dominates. He’s looked next level recently and it always seemed if he could take some of his weaknesses and vulnerabilities, tune up his offense and get there with his finishes, he’d be right up there with the best. To my eye he’s done all that and more. 

Meanwhile I’m looking for much the same from Gable. Not to just win but to clobber the competition. I want him to leave no doubt that he can win the Gold in Tokyo. Not to just eke out a win or squeak it out in the third match but to show us at least one 10-0 vs Gwiz. And yes, I think it’s the only possible.

At 57kg as everyone already said, it’s anyone guess. I can see Gilman but then hang my head low as I don’t see him medaling. I could see Fix but he’s repeatedly disappointed with his ability to score. There’s Vito but he looked bad against Gilman in January which leads us to Suriano. What can we say about Suriano? He’s the least experienced freestyler of the bunch but can hang with anyone. He’s as far as I’m concerned the least appealing of the bunch but at the same the most likely to medal. This is precisely because he’s so inexperienced. The US has a history of sending guys out that haven’t competed much internationally and pulling a bronze or silver never to medal again. Witness Herbert, Eggum and of course Gilman. 

My Picks:                                    Dark Horses

57 Gilman                                     Vito

65 Yianni                                       Mckenna

74 JB                                             IMAR (healthy?)

86 DT                                            Dean

97 Cox                   

125 Gable                                   Parris 

1 hour ago, treep2000 said:

Totally agree with 57kg.  My money is on Nicky Travolta but would not be surprised to anyone else you just listed plus Gross (if he qualified).  McKenna is an excellent example.  Has all the tools in the world to take out the top three guys there.    

8 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

Is that projected or official?

Projected.

From USA Wrestling - For the upcoming U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Wrestling in Fort Worth, Texas, results from the many RTC cards and Special Events, which were developed during the pandemic, will be used as part of the seeding process.

11 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Projected.

From USA Wrestling - For the upcoming U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Wrestling in Fort Worth, Texas, results from the many RTC cards and Special Events, which were developed during the pandemic, will be used as part of the seeding process.

K thx. And who would Moore face in round 3? That line is blank. TIA

26 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

K thx. And who would Moore face in round 3? That line is blank. TIA

Nobody, winner of top half round 2 would move to round 4 v winner of bottom half round 3 winner.

Edited by ssoH