43 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

MSU, if you thought my first sentence above made no sense let me re state it. During their freshman years the current starters at Iowa were objectively better by wins and losses then the guys that will replace them. At least given the college records so far. Additionally, comparing h.s. wrestlers like Henson to the current guys is just an argument about potential. 

That is all I am saying. The stockpile isn't full of Lee, KemDawg, Eierman and Marinelli types. One or two maybe, just not enough so far. 

Ayala, Henson, Ybarra and Rathjen haven't wrestled a single DI match so far and Kennedy lost 7-4 as an undersized true freshman to the 3rd best 174lber in the country.  I am not sure how you can "objectively" quantify ANY negative comparison between them and ANYONE.  So, there are ONLY 2 you can measure and that is Schriever, who only wrestled 3 matches and was shutdown due to injury and Reyna.  Both of whom are BY FAR the least likely recruits to make any impact anyway!

Edited by MSU158

26 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Ayala, Henson, Ybarra and Rathjen haven't wrestled a single DI match so far and Kennedy lost 7-4 as an undersized true freshman to the 3rd best 174lber in the country.  I am not sure how you can "objectively" quantify ANY negative comparison between them and ANYONE.  So, there are ONLY 2 you can measure and that is Schriever, who only wrestled 3 matches and was shutdown due to injury and Reyna.  Both of whom are BY FAR the least likely recruits to make any impact anyway!

I put those not yet in college in the "has potential" camp. Ybarra is in college but did not wrestle, and in my book his 0-0 record as a freshman is incomplete at best whereas Iowa's current starters all stood out as freshman. 

First year in college:

Lee, natty champ

DeSanto 30-7 as Drexel starter, NCAA qualifier

Eierman was 22-2 as a redshirt at Missou and he pinned two NCAA qualifiers.

I don't need to go on. This point isn't all that hard to understand. Iowa's current starters stood out the minute they stepped on campus. Their current backups  haven't done anything at this level, which is objectively less than what the current starters did in the same position several years ago. They are potential guys, not surefire can't miss guys like Lee, DeSanto, Eierman, Marinelli and KemDawg were.

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I put those not yet in college in the "has potential" camp. Ybarra is in college but did not wrestle, and in my book his 0-0 record as a freshman is incomplete at best whereas Iowa's current starters all stood out as freshman. 

First year in college:

Lee, natty champ

DeSanto 30-7 as Drexel starter, NCAA qualifier

Eierman was 22-2 as a redshirt at Missou and he pinned two NCAA qualifiers.

I don't need to go on. This point isn't all that hard to understand. Iowa's current starters stood out the minute they stepped on campus. Their current backups  haven't done anything at this level, which is objectively less than what the current starters did in the same position several years ago. They are potential guys, not surefire can't miss guys like Lee, DeSanto, Eierman, Marinelli and KemDawg were.

At least they didnt get worse like Hall did.

6 hours ago, MSU158 said:

Read it again, buddy.  I was talking about FRESHMEN results.  And I went in order from most recent FRESHMEN results to less recent...........

Thanks for clarifying, pal.  When you said "most recently," I assumed you were talking about their most recent performance. 

2 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Thanks for clarifying, pal.  When you said "most recently," I assumed you were talking about their most recent performance. 

I hoped the fact I started with Cass not placing due to Covid would help with everyone understanding, but I could see how it could be misunderstood. 

3 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

I hoped the fact I started with Cass not placing due to Covid would help with everyone understanding, but I could see how it could be misunderstood. 

Yeah, I missed that upon my first glance at that particular post. 

And I might add that you make up for your lack of empathy with an abundance of verbiage.  ;>)

12 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Yeah, I missed that upon my first glance at that particular post. 

And I might add that you make up for your lack of empathy with an abundance of verbiage.  ;>)

Yep. 

Sorry to Sam Brooks for forgetting his inclusion in my original numbers, I was forecasting the number of wins Iowa would get, not the number of qualified athletes apparently. Apologies to the fanbase.