Pretty sure he left his "shoes on the mat" last year or maybe 2019 by now.  That was a great run and he was a warrior. 

Follow up question though.  Why doesn't David Taylor have a buy to finals?  What's the rule on the finals buy and the semi final buy?

Edited by pennsyrules

2 minutes ago, pennsyrules said:

Pretty sure he left his "shoes on the mat" last year or maybe 2019 by now.  That was a great run and he was a warrior. 

Follow up question though.  Why doesn't David Taylor have a buy to finals?  What's the rule on the finals buy and the semi final buy?

He didn't win a medal at 2019 worlds.  He was injured.  We sent a JV wrestler instead.  Said JV wrestler did not medal.

14 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He didn't win a medal at 2019 worlds.  He was injured.  We sent a JV wrestler instead.  Said JV wrestler did not medal.

Nice way to insult every guy that tried to make the world team in 2019.  

I’m betting you are trying bait a father that loves his son deeply (and can come off as a schmuck) but it seems you also have a ‘collateral damage be damned’ attitude.  

2 hours ago, nom said:

The good ‘Molinaro’ q is ... who will be the surprise team member this year!

Big props to Frank for wrestling his ass off and doing it all right.  He represented himself well and the country well.

Agree. That would be a great topic for another thread

2 hours ago, nom said:

I’m betting you are trying bait a father that loves his son deeply (and can come off as a schmuck) but it seems you also have a ‘collateral damage be damned’ attitude.  

backwards hat guy never fails to be backwards hat guy...

1 hour ago, Eagle26 said:

Looks like he did receive a seed, so I guess that means he is entered. Hoping he is back to his top form! If he is, he could be a dark horse

Last time he wrestled Nick Lee smoked him.  I say Frank has zero chance.

24 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I believe Frank had a hamstring that wasn’t in working order at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would explain a lot but I’m still thinking Yianni handles him.

5 hours ago, nom said:

So?  Still awaiting a response on a very simple bet that he has done his hest to backpedal out of.

IDK if any of our 65kg guys "handles" a healthy Molinaro. He is the same age as Burroughs, so he isn't exactly over-the-hill, and he certainly aint the type to have let himself go. Plenty of guys can beat him, but I would wager he keeps things very interesting with anyone.

8 hours ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Just my opinion but anytime a guy leaves shoes on the mat, USA wrestling should never allow them to compete again.

I'd like to see you say that to Molinaro's wife's face.  She would bludgeon you.

Joke: haha

She is a riot and is absolutely GHulk's biggest fan.

HASHTAGWIFEGOALS

Jokes aside, I do believe there is already a rule in plaxe for the 'tournament of' in which it happens.  You can't remove articals of clothing on the mat, or something.  It essentially DQ's you from the rest of the tournament.

11 hours ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Just my opinion but anytime a guy leaves shoes on the mat, USA wrestling should never allow them to compete again.

I don't think he actually did that.  He just retired when the Olympic Trials were obviously not going to happen.  Then was probably wrestling well in the room and feeling good and decided to give it a shot.

Edited by AHamilton

12 hours ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Why? In boxing, MMA and other sports, guys retire and unretire all the time.

Seems like folks are and were giving Dean a better chance against a field that includes a former World Champ than Frank, a former Olympian does in a field with no Senior World Medalists.

I'm not counting GHulk out here.

19 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Why? In boxing, MMA and other sports, guys retire and unretire all the time.

... and again, I don't think he even left his shoes on the mat.  I think he was going to go through 2020 and retire.  The prospect of going another year probably seemed a bit much at the time.