Jump to content
hammerlockthree

Bad News for Steveson

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I started the topic to make a dumb joke, but on a serious note why on earth does steveson want to be in the WWE? 

Bc he can make a very nice living doing something he enjoys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, simple said:

Bc he can make a very nice living doing something he enjoys?

Idk what its like now but for the vast majority of that company it was a horrible job. Obscene travel, drug abuse, injuries for all but a select few who got rich. But he has lesnars ear so I assume he knows better than me. 

I guess my core thought that was its sorta gross he wants out of competition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk I mean theoretically he could make enough in just a few years to set up the rest of his life and he’d hopefully avoid most of the negatives. He’ll likely be on the fast track to a big billing with his credentials and connections. Selfishly I’d rather he just wrestle and win a bunch of world medals but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, simple said:

Idk I mean theoretically he could make enough in just a few years to set up the rest of his life and he’d hopefully avoid most of the negatives. He’ll likely be on the fast track to a big billing with his credentials and connections. Selfishly I’d rather he just wrestle and win a bunch of world medals but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I'd say CTE should be a serious concern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Katie said:

What does that have to do with steveson?

I already said lesnar might have recommended it but he's an extreme minority in the WWE, way more marketable, graduated college, fought MMA forever, had a whole bunch of endorsements......you're saying this is all guaranteed to steveson? or are you saying he is gonna make more money despite all lesnars advantages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Katie said:

I'd say CTE should be a serious concern.

CTE should be a concern for amateur wrestling too. Doubt that stops anyone on here from letting their kid wrestle. Maybe not even football

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I meant there may not even be people on here who’d prevent their kid from playing football bc of cte concerns. Doesn’t seem like a huge concern for this demographic. Hope Im wrong though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If steveson makes the olympics, and especially if he medals, he will be heavily promoted if he chooses (and can perform well in) WWE. The show loves to have legitimate wrestlers as part of the schtick. Kurt Angle was a big deal because he was the real thing first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MNRodent said:

Gable doing a Jimmy Snuka off the top rope > supposed 665 deadlift.

 

If I recall correctly, Bo Jordan did a deadlift some years ago around this weight and put it on Twitter or some other media.  Ferrari can calm doubters doing the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Idk what its like now but for the vast majority of that company it was a horrible job. Obscene travel, drug abuse, injuries for all but a select few who got rich. But he has lesnars ear so I assume he knows better than me. 

I guess my core thought that was its sorta gross he wants out of competition. 

My core thought is that's gross for you to think an unpaid 20 year old athlete making a pragmatic financial decision for his future is gross. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

I started the topic to make a dumb joke, but on a serious note why on earth does steveson want to be in the WWE? 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Plus since it's not a real combat sport (or real at all for that matter, except for stunts in the ring) he could have a long, long career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TobusRex said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Plus since it's not a real combat sport (or real at all for that matter, except for stunts in the ring) he could have a long, long career. 

you have no clue what you are talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lurk_nowitzki said:

My core thought is that's gross for you to think an unpaid 20 year old athlete making a pragmatic financial decision for his future is gross. 

My whole point is that its not a pragmatic decision. 

He is also abandoning a free education....which I am sure you think is great. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t be surprised if Gable either becomes a huge star in the WWE or he only lasts a year.   I mean one of their most popular guys recently was some random dude with a beard whose catchphrase was “YES” so I feel like anything can happen.

Gettjng back to the OP though, even though it was a joke it may be true.  Maybe Ferrari goes to and then they’d have a built in rivalry.  Them being a tag team might be even better.

Edited by 1032004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...