hammerlockthree

Bad News for Steveson

My whole point is that its not a pragmatic decision. 

He is also abandoning a free education....which I am sure you think is great. 

Who said he wasn’t pursuing higher education? He seems like a sponge of learning to me. Kevin Garnett skipped college and somehow manages to pursue billion dollar franchises.

In other Minnesota sports history, Joe Mauer skipped college and went straight to the major leagues. He’s worth at least $100m and running car dealerships in retirement at 37.

12 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Who said he wasn’t pursuing higher education? He seems like a sponge of learning to me. Kevin Garnett skipped college and somehow manages to pursue billion dollar franchises.

In other Minnesota sports history, Joe Mauer skipped college and went straight to the major leagues. He’s worth at least $100m and running car dealerships in retirement at 37.

A) obviously is he does that my reactions will be very positive.

B) For reasons I have already mentioned I don't see the comparison between going into professional sports and going into the WWE.

I am just giving my reaction folks, I already said that he knows more about what he is doing than I do, I'm sorry I don't consider it a social obligation to say everything Steveson does is great.

2 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

I don't think it's been confirmed that he's not wrestling/going to school next year

1 minute ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

...or not.

He can wait until he, and his team, think the time is right. I don't think its necessary that we either pry or advise. 

It will all become clear.

OMG you are saying he shouldn't clear it up under any circumstances? How are people getting offended by "he might want to clear that up". 

take it is easy karen.

17 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

OMG you are saying he shouldn't clear it up under any circumstances? How are people getting offended by "he might want to clear that up". 

take it is easy karen.

"under any circumstances?" What are you nuts? How did you possibly twist what I said into that?

Don't get your undies in a bunch, I'm saying that he doesn't need to clear anything up on your timetable. I'm sure he will when its right for him and the team. They don't need your direction.

Calm down - as I already stated - it will all become clear soon enough.

44 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

"under any circumstances?" What are you nuts? How did you possibly twist what I said into that?

Don't get your undies in a bunch, I'm saying that he doesn't need to clear anything up on your timetable. I'm sure he will when its right for him and the team. They don't need your direction.

Calm down - as I already stated - it will all become clear soon enough.

You are just saying what I said now

Just now, hammerlockthree said:

You are just saying what I said now

Except I'm not. You could take a minute and look back 4 posts and see that is exactly what I said and not what you said at all.

(Hate to bring facts into the mix, but it is right there for anyone who wants to take a minute to read it.)

Just now, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Except I'm not. You could take a minute and look back 4 posts and see that is exactly what I said and not what you said at all.

(Hate to bring facts into the mix, but it is right there for anyone who wants to take a minute to read it.)

now you are stalling

11 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

K, then you are just kinda dumb. Exponentially more people will learn who he is if he goes to WWE and he will have the potential to gain mainstream crossover fame on a level he never would competing on the senior level. It's a far better long term avenue for building his brand and creating diversified revenue streams.

Btw, no one ever said he had to abandon his education. People complete degrees virtually all the time. I read about some dude in WWE who got a PHD while he was on the road.

The guys that go MMA are no better off. They fight for little unless/until they get into the headliner category. That said WWE is no picnic either. Get the right gimmick and you're golden, but you are also on the road for over 250 events. Look at the Undertaker. He had a 20 year run. A ton of injuries that will likely leave him in bad shape as he ages.

Anyone making a living in combat sports "real" or staged is doing themselves no favors except in the bank account.

18 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

he  might want to clear that up...

Just in case you hadn't noticed Gable is currently in pursuit of an objective that could greatly influence what he decides to do vis a vis returning to school.  If it goes exactly as he would like it to go he will be faced with options that one doesn't have with out an Olympic Gold medal.  So you may want to give the young man some space and wish him the best in his endeavors. 

20 hours ago, headshuck said:

This is true, however basketball and baseball are far less demanding on one's body compared to WWE and MMA.

With that being said, if he wins Olympic gold in 2021, I don't think he's coming back to college.

2 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

This is true, however basketball and baseball are far less demanding on one's body compared to WWE and MMA.

With that being said, if he wins Olympic gold in 2021, I don't think he's coming back to college.

nor should he...

the leverage he could attain with that accomplishment would make going back to college incredibly silly...

1 hour ago, lu1979 said:

Just in case you hadn't noticed Gable is currently in pursuit of an objective that could greatly influence what he decides to do vis a vis returning to school.  If it goes exactly as he would like it to go he will be faced with options that one doesn't have with out an Olympic Gold medal.  So you may want to give the young man some space and wish him the best in his endeavors. 

I think what's a tad annoying is he posted "Big announcement coming tomorrow" but apparently all it was was the tweet saying "I'm going to be the biggest star the WWE has ever had"

It would have been considered an "announcement" IMO if he said he either was or wasn't returning for another season of NCAA wrestling...everyone already knew he wanted to go to the WWE, not sure why he called that a "big announcement"

Just now, 1032004 said:

Hasn’t he already basically said that though?

we know he has...

if i had to guess, the average WWE fan has not...

he's building his brand...

if he were to link up with mrfasttwitch and start the rivalry right now, the millions...

AND MILLIONS!!!!!!

of pro wrestling fans will start to take notice and be salivating to make the both extremely wealthy in a much quicker timeframe...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

we know he has...

if i had to guess, the average WWE fan has not...

he's building his brand...

if he were to link up with mrfasttwitch and start the rivalry right now, the millions...

AND MILLIONS!!!!!!

of pro wrestling fans will start to take notice and be salivating to make the both extremely wealthy in a much quicker timeframe...

Would the “average WWE fan” who didn’t already know who he was, have just learned about him and started following his twitter posts in the last 2 weeks?

12 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Would the “average WWE fan” who didn’t already know who he was, have just learned about him and started following his twitter posts in the last 2 weeks?

Doubtful, but everyone is gonna follow the Ford Focus.  Ferrari probably should give Gable 5% but i bet he won't.  

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

every twitter builds his brand...

this is not rocket science...