Katie

Predict the OTT winners

On 3/30/2021 at 6:14 AM, Sstern said:
The continued love for Oliver at 65 is perplexing.  He is to Retherford/Yianni what Taylor is to Dake: the guy who is supposed to win but never does.  I think Yianni gets it done this time.

Odd comment given that Oliver has a winning record against Zain and only lost to Yianni once when he was injured.

May not matter though thanks to Zain’s choke job in Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Crash

57-Gilman over Colon

65-Retherford over Johnny D

74-Dake over JB

86-Taylor over Nickal

97-Snyder over Cox

125-Parris over Gwiazdowski

A) Good thing it doesn't matter ehat the 74 or 97 brackets look like.  Dake and Cox are coming out and facing JB and Snyder.  Not sure how youbinsert them into the seni-finals and have a blank semi-finals up top...?  Stupid.

B) My Parris pick is entirely biased at this point, I know.

46 minutes ago, Crash said:

Odd comment given that Oliver has a winning record against Zain and only lost to Yianni once when he was injured.

Having said that, the concern I have right now for JO is that he seemed to have been in peak form a year ago and IMO was the clear favorite to earn a spot on the team.

Here we are a year later and he did not look so good in his exhibition matches against Nolf and Lugo. I know they are only exhibitions so should be taken with a grain of salt, but still concerning.

I see Green as the favorite this week.

Pulling for JO though.

May not matter though thanks to Zain’s choke job in Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t look great against Panteleo either but to be fair he couldn’t make 65 kg.

I would say holding Nolf to 0 points for nearly an entire match while giving up size was a pretty decent effort.

Glad to see convo on JO.  Out of all the folks I think of as contenders, he is the one, to me, that seems a bit MIA / kinda off.  

what is his training situation?  Practice partners?  Is he healthy?

57 Gilman over Fix, Suriano 3rd. I think Suriano is the best wrestler in this bracket at present but Gross's style is Suriano's kryptonite, the Dake to his Taylor, the Cenzo to his Imar.

65 Yianni over Zain, Green 3rd

74 JB over Dake, Nolf 3rd

86 Taylor over Zahid, Nickal 3rd and leaves shoes on the mat. Zahid lends him a hand up when he beats him and Nickal realizes it was a dick move that whole season.

97 Cox over Snyder in three of the greatest matches ever seen, Moore 3rd

125 Steveson over Gwiz, Parris 3rd

57 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

86 Taylor over Zahid, Nickal 3rd and leaves shoes on the mat. Zahid lends him a hand up when he beats him and Nickal realizes it was a dick move that whole season.

This is great and so true!

57- Gilman  (winning close matches every round), definitely a homer/fan pick. Suriano has looked solid, but a number of guys in this bracket could get hot in win it. 

65- I am perplexed.  The questions I have, how will Green look off the scale?  He has Mckenna in the quarters.  JO?  So much of his wrestling is movement and timing, and we didn't see that in his exhibition matches, he also has a red hot Nick Lee first match.  I see Zain-Mckenna, Yianni-Lee Semi Matchup with Zain/Yianni rematch.

74- JB in three

86-Taylor- but Dean and Zahid give him all he can handle. 

97- Cox in three (so crazy to pick against Snyder, I just don't see him getting to J'den's legs. I'm also excited to see Moore vs J'den especially if Moore is on fire. 

125- Gable in two 

There are so many good matches, storylines, and ANTICIPATION for this weekend.  Excited to see how the college guys will do riding the NCAA wave.   

My detailed predictions below my Winner Projections:

57 - Suriano over Fix

65 - Zain over Oliver

74 - Dake over JB

86 - Taylor over Zahid

97 - Cox over Snyder

HWT - Gable over Gwizz

First Round:  Richards gets revenge on Russell.  Nato knocks some rust off and squeaks by Sanders.

Second Round:  Gilman over Richards. Suriano over Gross.  Colon over Arujau.  Colon is always fun to watch and puts up a mad number of points quite a bit.  Will be a minor upset here, but is it? Fix over Nato

Semis: Suriano over Gilman.  Two guys with attitude going at it.  A brawl may break out and if so my prediction is busted because then Nicky Pushups puts Gilman in a kimura and snaps his arm, and is DQ'd.  LOL.  Fix over Colon in a fun one too.

Finals:  Suriano and Fix trade wins to start.  Goes to the 3rd match, where Suriano prevails because of Plus Ultra defense and wins on a stepout.

First Round:  Ashnault barrels through Nashon.  Garrett is still working into the weight, and Ashnault is back up to 165lbs by the time the match starts.  TOUGH one to call, but I'm going with Lee over Mckee.  Mckee can head pinch everyone and anyone to death.  As such, Nick Lee gets caught in it once or twice, but is able to execute his takedown game and prevails in a generally high scoring match.   Henderson over Molinaro.  Frankie puts his shoes on the mat. 

Second Round: Retherford over Ashnault.  Match is closer than anticipated, but Zain prevails.  Mckenna over Green.  On paper, not a big upset, however, it's huge for Joey.  Oliver over Lee.  JO does JO things.  Yianni over Henderson, and thanks him for being a good training partner, but now he must beat him.  

Semis:  Retherford over Mckenna in a barnburner.  1pt match or criteria to Zain.  Oliver over Yianni.  Calling my shot here.  

Finals:  Zain and Oliver also go to three matches, with Zain prevailing due to his incredible gas tank and Oliver realizing that wrestling at age 42 is tough. 

First Round:  Carr over Massa.  Carr is tremendous at Free, and Massa will be sucked down from 174.  Wick over Gantt.  Gantt has been off the chart... ... ... anyway, but Wick prevails in a fun one that has two really long and lean guys scrambling and bending in ways they shouldn't.  Marstellar over Joseph.  Chance is looking solid.  The most solid, maybe, we've seen him. 

Second Round:  Carr over Nolf.  Calling my shot here.  Carr is a freestyle savant and Nolf's trickery gets him in trouble (positions) that allows Carr to capitalize.  Marstellar over Wick.  Chance proves again that he belongs, and is onto the semis of the challenge tourney.

Semis:  If I read the bracket right, Carr has a bye and can rest.  Dake wins a controlled, subdued match vs. Marstellar.  People are now going to wonder, where is Dake.  Where are the Dake bombs.  Sssshhh... he's resting.

Finals (Challenge Tourney):  Dake over Carr.  Dake just big brother's him and welcomes him to the land of Senior level freestyle.

Finals (THE FINALS):  Dake over JB, 2 matches to 0.  Super Close, razor thin matches.  However, at one point, Dake does get a bomb in for 4.  

First round: S. Brooks over Pfarr.  Hearing that the brackets on flo that i'm referencing may not be correct. (https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6943448-what-olympic-trials-bracket-will-look-like) If they are, Nickal over Starocci.  Jackson over A. Brooks.  Jackson is looking really really good, and I don't think A. Brooks will have an answer for what Jackson is dishing right now.

Second Round:  Taylor over S. Brooks.  Dean over MyMar.  Nickal over Downey, and PD3 throws a giant fit and asks for Daddy to come beat up Bo. Valencia over Jackson.  Valencia DOES have answers... all of them. 

Semis:  Taylor over Dean, and this time, the gap widens.  Zahid over Bo.  The match we've been wanting to see, and Zahid delivers.

Finals: Taylor over Zahid.  This is going to be closer than what many believe, especially match 1.  Taylor is going to feel out how Zahid has changed, and it's going to be a squeaker in favor of Taylor.  Folks are going to suggest that Zahid may win match 2, and that if so, may win the spot.  Taylor, in match 2, pulls Taylor tricks, and techs Zahid, ending the conversation. 

First round:  Moore over Amos (not even close).  Gadsen over Walz.  Ferrari over Macchiavello.  Calling my shot for the young pup here.  Zillmer over Honis

Second Round:  Moore over Gadsen (again).  Zillmer over Ferrari.  Ferrari comes back to earth, but what a great experience for the "kid" that deadlifts 6,665lbs. 

Semis:  Moore with a bye.  Cox over Zillmer in a controlled and slippery match

Finals (Challenge Tourney): Cox over Moore.  Moore runs into a brick wall, figuratively and possibly literally.  Cox wins by something like 6-2 with Moore getting maybe two stepouts.

Finals (THE FINALS):  Goes to 3 matches.  Cox wins Match 1 and the wrestling world erupts.  Snyder couldn't figure out Cox's defense.  Match 2, Snyder makes adjustments, and becomes the first person to take Cox down in something like 3 years, and does it twice.  Match 3.  Cox makes adjustments, and we have Cox winning on criteria, which also throws the wrestling world into upheaval about how overtime is better than criteria, or vice versa.

HWT

First Round:  Wood over Ryan.  

Second Round: Gwizz over Wood.  Nelson over Bradley (calling a mild upset). Parris over Kerk (again).  Gable over Hall

Semis: Gwizz over Nelson.  Gable over Parris

Finals:  Gable over Gwizz, 2 matches to 0.  

Back to work fellas.  Thanks for letting me be wrong... a LOT.

6 hours ago, jbai3_12 said:

57- Gilman  (winning close matches every round), definitely a homer/fan pick. Suriano has looked solid, but a number of guys in this bracket could get hot in win it. 

65- I am perplexed.  The questions I have, how will Green look off the scale?  He has Mckenna in the quarters.  JO?  So much of his wrestling is movement and timing, and we didn't see that in his exhibition matches, he also has a red hot Nick Lee first match.  I see Zain-Mckenna, Yianni-Lee Semi Matchup with Zain/Yianni rematch.

74- JB in three

86-Taylor- but Dean and Zahid give him all he can handle. 

97- Cox in three (so crazy to pick against Snyder, I just don't see him getting to J'den's legs. I'm also excited to see Moore vs J'den especially if Moore is on fire. 

125- Gable in two 

There are so many good matches, storylines, and ANTICIPATION for this weekend.  Excited to see how the college guys will do riding the NCAA wave.   

I'm excited to see Moore.  However, all I can think of is that Moore is like Snyder's "understudy".