Sign in to follow this  
keith97btown

Rutgers Wrestling

After Rutgers' performance in the NCAA tourney, how does Rutgers look to the future as far as recruiting? They recruited the highest ranked class in RU history, but still did not get an AA a few weeks ago. Would Ashnault be going to Rutgers if his brother did not go there?

I hope for the best from RU Wrestling, but, when supposedly, this was supposed to be "the year", just feel a bit disappointed/upset with the end result.

What changes need to be made for Rutgers to have an AA?

It wasn't just his brother, Goodale comes in and works with the South Plainfield program. So it would be hard for him to say no. I'm not sure he was excited about it, but I expect him to do well despite Rutgers

They have a good class this year besides Ashnault, but Ashnault is the only guaranteed star in the group.

The Big 10 is an opportunity as long as they don't hang out at the bottom every year with Purdue and Michigan State

It wasn't just his brother, Goodale comes in and works with the South Plainfield program. So it would be hard for him to say no. I'm not sure he was excited about it, but I expect him to do well despite Rutgers

They have a good class this year besides Ashnault, but Ashnault is the only guaranteed star in the group.

The Big 10 is an opportunity as long as they don't hang out at the bottom every year with Purdue and Michigan State

How is he guaranteed to be a star...especially considering he has enrolled at Rutgers....?

How is he guaranteed to be a star...especially considering he has enrolled at Rutgers....?

Do u think that Zain guy will be a star? That match was very even.

Plus look at how close the older Ashnault was to being an AA (at rutgers). He lost a close match to novachkov in the round of 12 to and he barely lost to someone good in the winners bracket too (maybe mangeum). Anthony is much more talented than his older brother

Plus look at how close the older Ashnault was to being an AA (at rutgers). He lost a close match to novachkov in the round of 12 to and he barely lost to someone good in the winners bracket too (maybe mangeum). Anthony is much more talented than his older brother

Was Winston a star? What about Mario?

There are no sure bets in wrestling, especially at Rutgers.

If you think high school success automatically translates to success at the division 1 college level, check out some final high school rankings from 2004-2008 .. I guarantee you'll see a ton of #1 ranked wrestlers in the nation at their weight who never even came close to reaching the podium at NCAA's. It's a whole different ballgame and your boy Ashnault just joined a squad that seems to be good at doing less with more .. and when you're trying to convince people that someone is good, talk about their wins instead of the matches they lost close. Losing close to someone in college means absolutely nothing unless your opponents name is David Taylor ...

I think he'd be better if he didn't go to Rutgers. Mason quit and Winston had injury issues for years (and was sick at times too).

I think Ashnault will be an all-american as a freshman. E could be a champ too

How many true freshman were All Americans this season--I will save you the time-Zero, and only three redshirt

AA'd this season. Do I think Anthony will break the RU AA drought, yes-he is a great talent and has a super work ethic. Just not sure he can AA as a freshman(lets let him wrestle a couple college matches first) But posts like these are why NJ gets busted on. In case you have not figured out yet, it aint easy becoming an AA!

I think he'd be better if he didn't go to Rutgers. Mason quit and Winston had injury issues for years (and was sick at times too).

I think Ashnault will be an all-american as a freshman. E could be a champ too

Call me crazy I say Ashnault may never AA.

Also, Rutgers missed the boat with lots of guys, Melde, Del Fave, Langel , should I keep going?

Acadia, do you really think that or are you just setting the bar low?

His brother did not underperform during his 2 years at rutgers. He lost in the round of 12 to the runner up from the year before. And he wasnt as good as anthony, mason, winston, langel.

I think Ashnault will have to develop himself the way kolat did after penn state. And I suspect he knows that.

His brother did not underperform during his 2 years at rutgers. He lost in the round of 12 to the runner up from the year before. And he wasnt as good as anthony, mason, winston, langel.

I think Ashnault will have to develop himself the way kolat did after penn state. And I suspect he knows that.

How did Kolat develop himself after Penn State? He placed 2nd and 3rd at Penn State, transferred to Lock Haven and won twice.

I don't see RU having multiple AA's or a NC until they have an AA or NC as their head coach. I don't think an outstanding high school coaching career will ever equate to a great college coaching career.

Besides Dellafave at 33, Visicaro at 65, and Smith at heavy, what is the lineup going to look like next year?

Is Volpe going to go back to 57 or is that Perotti's spot to lose? Where is Ashnault projected? Will Seidenberg return to 84 now that Rinaldi graduated? I know several fans believe somehow things are going to get better @ Rutgers, and I hope they are right. Unless I am mistaken though, the lineup will be significantly weaker next year.

How did Kolat develop himself after Penn State? He placed 2nd and 3rd at Penn State, transferred to Lock Haven and won twice.

I don't see RU having multiple AA's or a NC until they have an AA or NC as their head coach. I don't think an outstanding high school coaching career will ever equate to a great college coaching career.

He said it himself, that when he left, he asked john hugbes if they could practice on the side so he didnt fall behind at lock haven.

Its not that he got much better at LH, it just seems to me to be different than (for example) having someone like Brands pushing you