treep2000

OTT Updates & Results Thread

He was going UP a weight class.  If this is true, this is pretty sad.  There must be some extenuating circumstances.  How can he possibly have missed weight?  What kind of screw up happened here?

I’ll probably catch some flack for this, but if he missed weight that’s solely on J’Den. We start teaching kids in middle school that when you step on the scale you have to be on weight. This is one of the most important events of his life and he wasn’t positive he was on weight? It’s not USA wrestling’s fault if they are following their weigh in procedures and not making special rules for one wrestler. 

8 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

USA Wrestling is a complete farce of an organization. You put out a 1 paragraph statement!!! I’m about to lose my mind. You have conflicting messaging online and you put out a basic statement. Who the hell is running this circus. We just lost the best wrestler in America on a technicality!

<deleted>

Edited by klehner

I’m a PSU/NLWC fan. I wanted Gilman and Snyder to face and beat the best to get to the Olympics. If they lost to Suriano or Cox en route, so be it. But that won’t happen now. That’s a loss for all US wrestling fans.

And, J’den Cox seems like a genuinely good human. I would’ve been proud to have him as our 97kg rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zach Sanders with one of the ugliest singlets ever.  

Zane Richards with a body lock, leg kick out, bam to Sanders' back.  4-0 Zane.  Looking for fall.  No but trap arm.  2x.  8-0.  And then one more.  10-0.  Zane moves on.

Edited by nom

1 minute ago, nom said:

Disagree.  Would prefer fewer mats so it is less likely to miss a match due to too many Mens FS matches going on at once.

Why do you disagree? MFS matches are on every other mat besides the mat they're streaming?