CoachWrestling

J'Den Cox Misses Weight

The ultimate "I'm taking my bat and ball and going home" move. Maybe he can carry their flag too. Sing their anthem. 
I know this is a response to a comment and not something you are actually putting on J'den, but he has gotten our flag raised at four straight Worlds/Olympics and our national anthem played at the last two, not to mention he sings our national anthem every time someone asks him. We should all just ignore MizzouGrad.

(I can also confirm he has no path to citizenship with other countries via family)

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

It seems clear that@MizzouGrad has some sort of personal relationship with J'Den, so let's keep that in mind when interacting with them. It's a crappy situation all around. What we currently know does not paint a favorable light around J'Den's chances on an appeal if filed, but maybe there's more. I'm certainly bummed we're not going to see him here. Cox-Snyder was going to be one of the marquee matches.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This sounds like some 3D chess public relations DA talk to me. What do you know? WHAT DO YOU KNOW VAK.

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

We could just let him go 2 out of 3 with the winner of 125kg, he did make that weight. 

Can't he would've had to declare 125kg prior to weigh ins. Jden's camp messed up the weigh in times and he arrived late and didn't have much time to lose his 1/2 pound. UsaW shouldve never allowed him to step on the scale once the weigh in time ended.

2 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

I know this is a response to a comment and not something you are actually putting on J'den, but he has gotten our flag raised at four straight Worlds/Olympics and our national anthem played at the last two, not to mention he sings our national anthem every time someone asks him. We should all just ignore MizzouGrad.

(I can also confirm he has no path to citizenship with other countries via family)

MizzouGrad in shambles

2 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

So what does that make the ones defending him? Soy boys who have never stepped on a mat so they don’t understand weighing in? Just trying to get my caricature together. 

The people not automatically condemning him seem to be falling in 4 main categories

1. “Ummm this situation seems.. off.. I’d like to know more. If current facts hold up though.. it’s on him and KJ. That’s how wrestling goes”

2. “Dude, if it was really 30 seconds to 1 minute late.. don’t be a red tape dbag”

3. “I know what paragraph 2 subsection C says.. I don’t care, I want the best team out there”

4. “Wtf, if this was someone else, rant, rant, rant etc”

Plenty of the people on here are perfectly willing to put it on Cox. They just either think his ability to win medals gives him extra grace.. or are just saying a variation of “goddamnit dude, ugh, That seems to be the reaction of most of the actual experienced wrestlers and coaches here.

The most.. “viscously”  critical ones have been wrestling dads with no high level experience whatsoever. If you want to criticize Cox.. go ahead.. to me it’s telling who’s the most viscous 

29 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Does he already have dual citizenship somewhere? And is that country qualified at 97 kg. If not, best of luck.

He could still qualify his new country through the last chance qualifier if his transfer went through in time

Based on all the responses here, I'd love to see a study done on each posters level of commitment to 'I am personally accountable ' vs 'if I suffer, it is someone else's fault'

1 minute ago, nom said:

Based on all the responses here, I'd love to see a study done on each posters level of commitment to 'I am personally accountable ' vs 'if I suffer, it is someone else's fault'

can't say for myself but willing to bet which camp PDIII falls in.  ;)

6 minutes ago, jp157 said:

The people not automatically condemning him seem to be falling in 4 main categories

1. “Ummm this situation seems.. off.. I’d like to know more. If current facts hold up though.. it’s on him and KJ. That’s how wrestling goes”

2. “Dude, if it was really 30 seconds to 1 minute late.. don’t be a red tape dbag”

3. “I know what paragraph 2 subsection C says.. I don’t care, I want the best team out there”

Plenty of the people on here are perfectly willing to put it on Cox. They just either think his ability to win medals gives him extra grace.. or are just saying a variation of “goddamnit dude, ugh, That seems to be the reaction of most of the actual experienced wrestlers and coaches here.

The most.. “viscously”  critical ones have been wrestling dads with no high level experience whatsoever. If you want to criticize Cox.. go ahead.. to me it’s telling who’s the most viscous 

Hmmm. Interesting thought. I don’t fully agree, but I can tell you put a lot of thought into this :) 

7 minutes ago, jp157 said:

again...

you either value accountability or you do not...

in every aspect of life...

but, you are correct in it being very telling who is on what side of the fence on this...

9 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Picturing a bunch of wrestling dads covered in mucus.....

12 minutes ago, jp157 said:

This looks right.  I'd put myself in #1 --- I would like to know more.  But based on what I know, it's on him and KJ.

28 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

ONCE AGAIN A MIZZOU WRESTLER IS OVER-SEEDED AND UNDER-PERFORMS

An Illini fan poking fun about over-Seeding & under-performing.  

See 2021 NCAA Tourney.

10 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

It would be interesting to see how people would view this if he were a PSU or Iowa wrestler.

I think you would see a lot more pissed off and/or sympathetic posters.  You know, fan bases and all.

If USAW wrestling cared about doing the right thing or putting the best team together, JO wouldn’t have missed two World Teams due to a 1-year suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Crash said:

If USAW wrestling cared about doing the right thing or putting the best team together, JO wouldn’t have missed two World Teams due to a 1-year suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if wrestlers really cared about representing their country on the world stage, they would make sure they were in compliance with all the rules and regulations...

Ahhh we finally got some answers. It's @Husker_Du intellectual property (Rokfin) so I don't feel comfortable, but it's finally clear what happened and why J'den missed weight. If he wants to provide some more info he can, but go to Rokfin and read for yourself.  

4 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

Ahhh we finally got some answers. It's @Husker_Du intellectual property (Rokfin) so I don't feel comfortable, but it's finally clear what happened and why J'den missed weight. If he wants to provide some more info he can, but go to Rokfin and read for yourself.  

After of everything you posted today, now you don’t feel comfortable posting a paraphrase of this article?