CoachWrestling

J'Den Cox Misses Weight

Unbelievable!!! Horrible news. He’s one of my favorites but there’s no excuse for not making weight after going up a weight class.

edit to add that I don’t think making weight a minute or two after weigh ins ended is the same as missing weight. Obviously poor time management, but how could tournament staff not see him there and tell him he needs to get on the scale?

Edited by Eagle26

Just now, MizzouGrad said:

You have no idea what happened. None. 

and you are claiming to know?

i just cracked my screen roling my eyes so fukn hard...

quit being a "fan" and learn personal accountability...

If he made weight and this is one of those "but he wasn't hear in time" and w e are talking a couple of minutes because the staff wasn't watching the right clock, then that is F'd up. Let the man wrestle. 

1 minute ago, MizzouGrad said:

The entire weigh in procedures are botched because of COVID and this is what happens. Then he was allowed to weigh-in and the committee said no. 

This is just starting. I expect a lawsuit. Get ready for Yianni vs Zain all over agian.

Holy ****. This is absolutely shocking. I feel so bad for the guy. And was looking forward to him vs Snyder, I pegged him to make the team and give Sadulaev a run for his money. Silver or Gold and now this. Wtf how can his coaches make such a major mistake.....Good news for snyder I guess as well as Iran and Russia. Feel bad for the guy

Just now, TBar1977 said:

If he made weight and this is one of those "but he wasn't hear in time" and w e are talking a couple of minutes because the staff wasn't watching the right clock, then that is F'd up. Let the man wrestle. 

Nope! This is USA wrestling! We are a top notch organization. We had greco, women's and mens all weight in at the exact same time under COVID procedures, leading to ZERO ISSUES. All good here! Nothing to see!

1 minute ago, MizzouGrad said:

Nope! This is USA wrestling! We are a top notch organization. We had greco, women's and mens all weight in at the exact same time under COVID procedures, leading to ZERO ISSUES. All good here! Nothing to see!

the crying would be very amusing if it wasn't such a horrible situation for cox...

but...

this isn't on USAW no matter how much some "fan" doesn't want to accept his man crush fukd up...

**shrug**

2 minutes ago, Katie said:

The Russian coaches can and do just pick the best wrestler. 

In the US, if you make weight a minute late, you’re done. 

This isn't Russia.  Who would you want to do the picking here?

This is 100% on Cox. FFS, make the goddamn weight. Daton  Fix was on weight last night to be sure. 

But can't we give the guy a little break here? He may be the best wrestler we have at any weight. Literally one or two minutes late, so no go? That seems excessive. 

2 minutes ago, klehner said:

This isn't Russia.  Who would you want to do the picking here?

Well we've let Gable do it in the past, I see him sitting over there in row 1, someone should go ask him for his pick.  ;_;

To be early is on-time. To be on-time is late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

This is 100% on Cox. FFS, make the goddamn weight. Daton  Fix was on weight last night to be sure. 

But can't we give the guy a little break here? He may be the best wrestler we have at any weight. Literally one or two minutes late, so no go? That seems excessive. 

this is too important an event to break rules for anyone person...

3 minutes ago, klehner said:

Answer the question, please.

I’m not sure why you think this is such a good question. In tons of sports the head coach is ultimately responsible for selecting the best team possible. Then if the coach doesn’t get results, he or she is gone. Pretty simple.

At any rate, we currently have a system that gives an advantage to wrestlers who have performed well. It’s just that the advantage is written into the rules, and is limited to favorable placements in the brackets.