CoachWrestling

J'Den Cox Misses Weight

16 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

How could USA wrestling do that? Cox wasn’t sitting in the finals, he had to beat Macc then Moore just to get to Snyder. So in your scenario Cox would be rewarded for missing weight. 

I think that's the point that's being loss.  Of course it would be a huge thing if Snyder invited Cox to a 2 out of 3.  But how do you redo the scenar where Cox has to wrestle mach and Moore first?  

The way Moore is wrestling its not a given Cox would win in a one match takes all.

Only logical way I would say that Cox shoulda been able to wrestle was if everyone in the bracket would have agreed that it would have been ok.... meaning they would have had to sign the a waiver. Other than that you have to stick to the rules or otherwise there’s no end to what people will want to bend.

I really like J’den and wish he and Snyder would have battled it out but I don’t understand how anyone really has a leg to stand on defending that he should have been allowed to compete. At the root of it all is a personable responsibility to 1. Be on time (which is at least 30 minutes early in my book) 2. Be on weight and don’t leave it a close cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

I think that's the point that's being loss.  Of course it would be a huge thing if Snyder invited Cox to a 2 out of 3.  But how do you redo the scenar where Cox has to wrestle mach and Moore first?  

The way Moore is wrestling its not a given Cox would win in a one match takes all.

Stop.  Nonsense.

58 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Jesus you are dumb aren’t you. Missouri must have really standards for graduation 

On their admissions application there is a very narrow spot for the signature.  Only wide enough for an "X".  If that tells you anything about "Mizzou" academic standards...

1 hour ago, jross said:

Stop.  Nonsense.

I admit Cox is better than Moore. But not so much so that an upset couldn't happen.  Anything can happen in single elimination.  I think the difference between Martin and little Dean was bigger than Cox and Moore.   And little Dean won. 

Geezus this thread popped off again.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This thread is salty. There has been both a dick measuring and a degree measuring contest. If there is a gut measuring I’ll smoke all your roody poo candy asses.

3 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

Assuming Snyder wins tonight, If Snyder decided he wanted to give Cox a shot (which I have no idea why he would) the way it should be done would be that Cox would have to make weight and then beat Mach, and then Moore prior to beating Snyder in a best 2 out of 3.  Mach, Moore or Snyder would not have to make weight and would just compete at their natural weight.  That would be a reasonable penalty to Cox.  After all those 3 made weight when they were suppose to why should they have to make it again.  Now this assumes Mach, Moore and Snyder are all healthy and training normally and would agree to do that.  Like I said I don't see why they should.

2 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

I admit Cox is better than Moore. But not so much so that an upset couldn't happen.  Anything can happen in single elimination.  I think the difference between Martin and little Dean was bigger than Cox and Moore.   And little Dean won. 

You think the gap between Martin and Max Dean was larger than the gap between Cox and Moore??? Dude you need to watch more wrestling...

Edited by BigTenFanboy

2 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

Moore is like Nolf. Cox is like Dake. There’s levels to this. Cox would tune Moore up. 

On 4/2/2021 at 3:44 PM, nom said:

Aren't you a lawyer?  Don't you agree that providing discretion like this opens up the door for all sorts of accusations today, and in the future, when perhaps discretion goes the other way?  USAW does not want any allegations of favoritism or discrimination.

There are many lawyers who like to see the door opened to all sorts of allegations of discrimination.  It's good for business. (I'm not implying this is Vak's motivation in this instance - just making a general point.)

I was watching the Gilman/Vito match and did not notice Cox was being interviewed on the TV until the last few seconds. Did he shed any light on the situation? Anyone care to summarize?

I was watching the Gilman/Vito match and did not notice Cox was being interviewed on the TV until the last few seconds. Did he shed any light on the situation? Anyone care to summarize?

He said that he was told the wrong time by a USA wrestling employee that also happens to be his coach. Said he is fighting it. He wasn’t given the same opportunity as everyone else. But said regardless of what happens he is going to get back to practicing. Whether it be for worlds or the Olympics. He said He is all about the fight.

2 minutes ago, Jose132 said:

He said that he was told the wrong time by a USA wrestling employee that also happens to be his coach. Said he is fighting it. He wasn’t given the same opportunity as everyone else. But said regardless of what happens he is going to get back to practicing. Whether it be for worlds or the Olympics. He said He is all about the fight.

His problem is that he was also told the correct time by USA Wrestling ... IN WRITING. 

His case is moot. You can't allow a wrestler to claim he was wronged because his own coach gave him the wrong time. 

3 minutes ago, Jose132 said:

Thanks! I just noticed there was talk about it in the other thread too

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

His problem is that he was also told the correct time by USA Wrestling ... IN WRITING. 

His case is moot. You can't allow a wrestler to claim he was wronged because his own coach gave him the wrong time. 

Agreed. He’s not going to win. 

They way he phrased, sounds like a lawsuit is coming saying that a USA wrestling employee who happens to be his coach gave him the wrong time. I’m not a lawyer but it makes sense why he is phrasing it that way.

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

If I was crafting Cox's appeal, I would say: (i) USA wrestling gave conflicting information (one communication right, one wrong), so he should get the benefit of the doubt; and (ii) the info. was communicated by a USA wrestling representative. No need to bring up the fact that KJ is his coach; arguably irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

If I was crafting Cox's appeal, I would say: (i) USA wrestling gave conflicting information (one communication right, one wrong), so he should get the benefit of the doubt; and (ii) the info. was communicated by a USA wrestling representative. No need to bring up the fact that KJ is his coach; arguably irrelevant.

That would set terrible precedent. I don't think it will work nor should it. 

EDIT: I think the written instructions are from USAW. The verbal from KJ is from his coach, regardless if KJ is employed from USAW.

Also, how could it get rectified anyway, not that it should. Make Cox beat a bunch of guys and THEN wrestle Snyder? 

Remember, the year DT tweeted about Cox that everyone is talking about in that other thread, didn't DT have to wrestle a whole bunch of matches before taking on Cox in the slip-n-slide set of matches? 

Edited by TBar1977

On 4/2/2021 at 11:50 AM, ConnorsDad said:

So if he was only a minute late and that is ok, then what is the cutoff? Two minutes? Four? Five? Where do you stop? I know. The time they said weigh-ins were over how about that! Personal responsibility is a thing of the past. And what does it say about his preparation that he is going up a weight and still cutting at the last possible minute!

I'm not sure any of use are in a position to question his preparation or weight management, and honestly, I think USAW can review these situations within the totality of their individual circumstances, and in this case, determine whether allowing him to weigh-in a minute, or even ten minutes late, violates the spirit of the rule.

Since I'm not familiar with the details of what happened, I don't know whether he should have been allowed to compete or not, but as much as binary rules are invaluable with respect to judging, and regulating, sporting events, I think there's room for discretion in certain areas.

Although you'd never award points for a successful attack completed after time expired, for example, I can imagine instances where allowing a late weigh-in would not contravene the spirit of the rule (ensuring fair competition).

49 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Or the fact that everyone else got the time right.

Makes you wonder did they, he and coach, not see everyone heading to the scale room?