CoachWrestling

J'Den Cox Misses Weight

34 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Wasn't that like 9 months ago??? If anything Covid aftereffects would make it more difficult to keep weight on.

I lost a few pounds, but ended up gaining after because I was unable to train as hard as usually.  I was the heaviest I had been in three years.

Reading on twitter that they are saying he made it on buzzer and bracket will he updated. No idea how reliable. But what is this madness

Edit-confirmed he is out. Mental

Edited by Uwwdoc

I have credible sources that informed me that Cox was going through an intense Shake Weight/Thighmaster work out in the sauna to lose the last few pounds and as he walked out he slipped on his puddle of sweat and suffered a concussion. This will most likely go to the courts so he can get justice.

5 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

Reading on twitter that they are saying he made it on buzzer and bracket will he updated. No idea how reliable. But what is this madness

That tweet is old and has been corrected. Seems he is out as of now.

This is dumb af in so many ways. How many morons screwed up? Wtf were his coaches doing? They should never show their faces at a wrestling event ever again. If it was too late why was he allowed to step on the scale?

Edited by simple

3 minutes ago, Katie said:

If there’s anything that seems like a good idea right now, it’s moralizing about someone making weight a minute late instead of giving one of our best p4p guys a chance to compete for a spot. 

So if he was only a minute late and that is ok, then what is the cutoff? Two minutes? Four? Five? Where do you stop? I know. The time they said weigh-ins were over how about that! Personal responsibility is a thing of the past. And what does it say about his preparation that he is going up a weight and still cutting at the last possible minute!

1 minute ago, ConnorsDad said:

So if he was only a minute late and that is ok, then what is the cutoff? Two minutes? Four? Five? Where do you stop? I know. The time they said weigh-ins were over how about that! Personal responsibility is a thing of the past. And what does it say about his preparation that he is going up a weight and still cutting at the last possible minute!

I'm so conflicted but this is the right answer. 

5 minutes ago, boconnell said:

I get hoping he's in.  I even get bending the rules to put him in.

I don't get blaming the rules he broke when everyone else followed them.  Especially when the basic argument of the thread is that he's really good and only broke the rules a bit. 

Because you are someone with some common sense and don't blame everyone else for your problems. One person to blame - Cox!

2 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

That tweet is old and has been corrected. Seems he is out as of now.

Yup. Confirmed he is out. Mental. Coaches or stupid mistakes aside you would think he should never be cutting it that fine after moving up in weight 

2 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

The cutoff is when they shut the door/turn off the scale.... why was he allowed to weigh in

Just now, simple said:

The cutoff is when they shut the door/turn off the scale.... why was he allowed to weigh in

He was allowed to weigh in and then a committee of unnamed members said no.

So the first question is, why did they let him weigh in?

Just now, MizzouGrad said:

He was allowed to weigh in and then a committee of unnamed members said no.

So the first question is, why did they let him weigh in?

I mean, who knows what happened at the scales? Maybe Cox came charging in and they said it's too late and he hopped on the scale anyway to show them he's on weight? It's not like the officials needs to act like bouncers once the deadline has passed. 

I can't imagine how Cox must feel and I was so pumped to see Cox vs Snyder (I had Cox winning). But when the deadline passes there is nothing to do. 

As earlier stated, weight-ins have a time limit and if you simply can't bend the rules. This is an epic f-up but bottom line is he needs to make weight on time. 

That being said, who knows how clear officials where with the team. I want to blame someone for this but I'm not sure we should immedatiely shift the blame on USA wrestling for a missed deadline. 

Honestly, if he was allowed to wrestle despite missing the deadline we could look at a nightmare situation where other wrestlers he beats appeals that he shouldn't be eligible for not making weigh on time.