CoachWrestling

J'Den Cox Misses Weight

Does the berry hill open count as a significant tourney?

because I was forced to allow several 8 year olds to scrimp by if they were not over 0.3 over the weight...

the young guy just out of the OSU wrestling room and I both were unimpressed...

Because it is the way it is does not mean it is the way it should or could be.  Has a World Champion ever been disqualified for this situation at the US Olympic trials before?  Maybe now is the time for improvement.

4 minutes ago, jross said:

Because it is the way it is does not mean it is the way it should or could be.  Has a World Champion ever been disqualified for this situation at the US Olympic trials before?  Maybe now is the time for improvement.

Nope...

All the previous works champs made weight when they agreed to...

*shrugs*

13 minutes ago, jross said:

Do you want to backspace and try again?

Watching horror movie with the girl child and on the phone...

as much **** as I’ve given the more average posters about constant editing of one sentence posts I’ll just let it ride...

2 minutes ago, jross said:

Was just wondering what point you were trying to make...

Cox also made weight at the time he agreed to...

He most certainly did not...

when he signed up for the tourney he agreed to make weight at 8...

read the fine print...

this is not rocket science...

11 minutes ago, LJB said:

He most certainly did not...

when he signed up for the tourney he agreed to make weight at 8...

read the fine print...

this is not rocket science...

Yep.  His agreement with KJ -- who, based on what we know and can reasonably infer (subject to factual discovery), had no authority to change the rules on behalf of USAW, and could not have reasonably been taken as having such authority -- does not supersede his agreement to the rules of the tournament, whether explicit or implicit, that he made when he submitted his entry.

22 minutes ago, jross said:

i doubt you will take the time to actually look up the agreement the athletes sign, so, i did it for you...

i have no illusions this  will dissuade you from your undefendable position, but, it does make me chuckle a little so it's entirely worth it to me...

USA Wrestling Code of Conduct

ATHLETE PLEDGE

I pledge to uphold the spirit of the USA Wrestling Code of Conduct (the “Code”), which offers a guide to my conduct as a member of the National Team. I acknowledge that I have a right to a hearing if my opportunity to compete is denied or if I am charged with a violation of this Code.

I have familiarized myself with the Code and understand that acceptance of its provisions is a condition of my selection to the National Team.

As a Member of the Team, I hereby promise and agree that I will abide by all rules related to the Team selection procedures as approved by USA Wrestling;

the bold text is the absolute first item all athletes agree to when they sign to participate...

cox 100% agreed to make weight by 8AM the morning of competition by signing up...

by all means, continue to do your little dance...

court jesters have been employed for entertainment purposes for centuries...

12 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Question - is there a detailed procedure for who goes as the alternate? Meaning, if Snyder can’t go for whatever reason, does Moore go automatically? Is there a chance for Jden to wrestle in a mini tournament or something if this were to occur?

It’s an unlikely scenario. Snyder has very few injuries in his past and NLWC generally avoids injuries. Covid also is unlikely to play a role, as I’m sure they will be vaccinated. 

There is a very detailed procedure spelled out in the USAW Athlete Selection Procedures and as you would expect it goes " the next ranked athlete at the weight catoegory in question will be sdelected up to and including the fourth ranked athlete from the 2020 US OTT"

3 minutes ago, jross said:

It is humorous that the same folks against letting Cox wrestle are good with college wrestlers competing for 7 years.  

this is the new angle you have chosen this morning????

i am reminded of the japanese soldier found in a cave in 1972 who was still "fighting" WWII...

i had once thought he was the patron saint of lost causes, but, you are starting to gather some traction and votes...

dude...

it's like the sopranos...

IT'S OVER!!!!!

10 hours ago, jross said:

You've done a great job looking at this situation from more than one angle.  But this right here is just wrong.  You can argue that the rule and the application of the rule were dumb, but you're just being dishonest when you make this argument.

1 minute ago, LJB said:

the googlewebs to the rescue...

i never knew that was a reference to dylan...

**shrug**

No worries my friend, I get people on that one quite often.  One of the greatest metaphoric references in music history.