CoachWrestling

J'Den Cox Misses Weight

2 minutes ago, Katie said:

The whole point of using discretion is that you go case by case. In this case, if we’re talking a minute or two, I don’t see how that could possibly disadvantage Cox’s competitors (more than they have already been disadvantaged by his favorable bracket placement).

What about 5? 10? Like NOM said willfully obtuse! 

6 minutes ago, simple said:

I don’t understand what you disagree with? Seems like youre contradicting the post I was directly responding to about “where do you draw the line” and how it sets a precedent. 

You post said that they should not have let him weigh in (if he was late).  You proceeded to say what they did was dumb (more colorfully). 

I said I disagree.  I do understand your perspective for not letting him weigh in.  But I can see the folks on the ground deciding to let him due it for the reason I stated above.  I am not going to call the folks on the ground dumb for letting him weigh in.  

8 minutes ago, GoNotQuietly said:

Full systemic failure. USAW has a vested interest in all of the national team athletes making weight on time and competing here. J'den and his personal coaches effed up being close, but the entire national coaching staff and administration bears culpability as well. The only way he should have been allowed to not step on that scale on time was if he flat out refused to do so and went home. The entire leadership of the organization should have been aware and active in preventing this if they thought it would be an issue. Where was Zadick, Bender, or Baumgartner?

100% failure of usa wrestling. There should be no rules about not time to step on weight and usa wrestling should be able to change whatever needs to be changed to get jden qualified. 

At this point boycott the whole trials it's all a sham

1 minute ago, JeanGuy said:

Was he trying to get down to weight, possibly?

So he was timing it to get down say 10 seconds before weigh ins rather than 10 min before, well ok sure then by all means let's give an extra 15 minutes.  ;_;

He missed weight first, and then "made" weight after the official weight in time. 
Has it been reported how much after? I haven't seen anything indicating how long after actually reported (just rumors).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

Maybe don't host a trials without all the athletes getting vaccinated for a global pandemic when the actual Olympics isn't till August. Russia and Iran won't select their teams till July, but we have to be wrapped up before Easter. 

We have the most incompetent people running USA wrestling. 

LOL.

3 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

He missed weight first, and then "made" weight after the official weight in time. 

If this is true, I think it's 100% the right decision to make him a spectator. Incredible incompetence if true. I thought he made weight, just 1-2 minutes late because of some fkup in communication regarding weigh-in time or how much time was left.

If they allowed him to weigh in, and it was literally within a minute of the end time, this is a joke and he should be wrestling. I thought we were trying to put out our best guys? It's not like he showed up an hour later.

8 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

This is different. If he actually missed then he missed. 

Edited by TBar1977

16 minutes ago, nom said:

What are you saying?  All the leadership should have made sure he got to the scale on time?  I'm confused by this post.  From what I've read, the ENTIRE responsibility is on Cox and his team.  How are you slamming anyone else?

Yes I am saying that the leadership of the United States Wrestling should have some responsibilities to ensure that our best wrestlers are making weight on time for the Olympic Trials. I also said that J'den and his personal coaches completely effed up here and bear most of the responsibility, but I would categorize something which effects the organization as much as arguably the best wrestler in the world not competing to make the team as a systemic failure. What do you all think their job is if it isn't to give us the best shot to have the best team at the Olympics??

Edited by GoNotQuietly

1 minute ago, Katie said:

This is like the Lakers banning Lebron from the NBA Finals because he showed up to a team meeting late.

There are people that would not allow the Lakers to do that. They rep a billion fans. 

4 minutes ago, Katie said:

This is like the Lakers banning Lebron from the NBA Finals because he showed up to a team meeting late.

Are these team meetings mandatory, is there an NBA rule?

13 minutes ago, nom said:

You post said that they should not have let him weigh in (if he was late).  You proceeded to say what they did was dumb (more colorfully). 

I said I disagree.  I do understand your perspective for not letting him weigh in.  But I can see the folks on the ground deciding to let him due it for the reason I stated above.  I am not going to call the folks on the ground dumb for letting him weigh in.  

Nah it was dumb and apparently so are you

What is done to make sure everyone knows how long there is left for weight ins?  I don't know.  I can see there being clear announcements.  I can see people having a beef with some things here.  

Then again, it is very reasonable to delegate the responsibility for weighing in on time to the wrestler and the team the wrestler has around them.  

I am shocked at how many people are mad at the 'system' or USAW here.  I'm assuming the rules are clear and time keeping devices, alarms, and so forth are readily available.  This does not seem to be a hard one to follow.  It is utter incompetence and negligence to have missed it.  It seems.  I don't have the full story.  But all the conjecture suggests so.

Zain only beat yianni in match 2 by a clear rules violation by USA wrestling. He lost by the rules and the lawsuit righted what was an obvious f up by usa wrestling. Unfortunately Zain won match 3 and botched it at world's again. 

12 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Has it been reported how much after? I haven't seen anything indicating how long after actually reported (just rumors).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This + your last post.

Not saying I’m not super interested in reading 6 pages of argument based on rumors.