CoachWrestling

J'Den Cox Misses Weight

8 hours ago, rpm002 said:

Wait, you are telling me that highly placed coaches with USA Wrestling are putting forward the version of the story that makes their fellow coach look good and makes the controversial decision USA wrestling made more justifiable?  Shocking!

There are widely reported facts here... We know Cox arrived at the arena at 7:21AM, that the scales were scheduled to close at 8AM, and that Cox made weight at 8:13AM, but this was deemed to be too late, so he was not able to wrestle.  Given those facts, I don't see how anyone can conclude anything other than that Cox could have made weight easily if he had arrived a little bit earlier.  The part that we don't know is why Cox  showed up so late... was there a genuine scheduling mix-up or was Cox overconfident regarding how quickly he could cut the weight he needed to cut (or maybe a bit of both).  That's the question that would be interesting to have more information on, but obviously it can't be said that Cox had some huge weight problem given he did in fact make weight just minutes after the deadline.

there was no controversial decision...

cox missed weight...

he couldn't wrestle...

that is not controversy...

18 minutes ago, LJB said:

there was no controversial decision...

cox missed weight...

he couldn't wrestle...

that is not controversy...

You didn’t address the key part of the post (which I’d tend to agree with).

If his weight was that much of an issue, how did he make it 13 minutes after the deadline?   I believe his claim that it was cold in the building was also corroborated by other athletes.

Just now, 1032004 said:

If his weight was that much of an issue, how did he make it 13 minutes after the deadline?   I believe his claim that it was cold in the building was also corroborated by other athletes.

none of that matters...

just excuses... and an excuse mentality is the worst...

he missed weight... end of story...

what is even more lame is if a lie was made up trying to skirt the rules...

then that lie was screamed from the hilltops for all to hear...

i know some of you do not care about rules or lies or accountability...

22 minutes ago, LJB said:

none of that matters...

just excuses... and an excuse mentality is the worst...

he missed weight... end of story...

what is even more lame is if a lie was made up trying to skirt the rules...

then that lie was screamed from the hilltops for all to hear...

i know some of you do not care about rules or lies or accountability...

Oh I agree with "he missed weight, end of story."

But the facts seem to line up with the "he had the time wrong" angle.  It's possible KJ is taking the fall for that, but the overall story seems like an odd thing to make up.

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Oh I agree with "he missed weight, end of story."

But the facts seem to line up with the "he had the time wrong" angle.  It's possible KJ is taking the fall for that, but the overall story seems like an odd thing to make up.

it does not matter what the excuse is...

the "facts" of why he missed weight are very much in dispute... the only fact that is not and the only one that actually matters is that he failed to make the weight he agreed upon at the time he agreed to make it... he agreed to to those terms by signing up for the tourney...

and after his emotions calmed down he dropped the frivolous legal action because it was a waste of time and he was never going to sneak around the rules to get what he wanted...

he was heavy... 

done...

10 minutes ago, LJB said:

it does not matter what the excuse is...

the "facts" of why he missed weight are very much in dispute... the only fact that is not and the only one that actually matters is that he failed to make the weight he agreed upon at the time he agreed to make it... he agreed to to those terms by signing up for the tourney...

and after his emotions calmed down he dropped the frivolous legal action because it was a waste of time and he was never going to sneak around the rules to get what he wanted...

he was heavy... 

done...

The facts that rpm posted aren’t in dispute though about the time he arrived and when he ultimately weighed less than 97kg.

If it doesn’t matter what the excuse is, why did you bump this thread to claim that the wrong time thing was fabricated?

Edited by 1032004

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

The facts that rpm posted aren’t in dispute though about the time he arrived and when he ultimately weighed less than 97kg.

If it doesn’t matter what the excuse is, why did you bump this thread to claim that the wrong time thing was fabricated?

i bumped it to offer up new information that puts KJ in a more favorable light...

no one has to accept it...

the few here that are actually reasonable and not driven by emotion will take this info and either adjust their opinions on the situation or not...

the rest who don't want anything else except to have their "thoughts" heard in an effort for some sort of validation really do not matter to me...

57 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

He did not make weight 13 minutes after, weigh-ins were closed.  

Just now, steen-hooph said:

...and yet you decided to revive it yesterday.

yes, i did...

that has been established already...

furthermore...

that has been the joke since about pg 5...

hand holding is the next thread to the left...

41 minutes ago, LJB said:

yes, i did...

that has been established already...

furthermore...

that has been the joke since about pg 5...

hand holding is the next thread to the left...

Thanks, I'll check it out. Maybe you should send me a link. I may not be able to find it on my own. Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, steen-hooph said:

Thanks, I'll check it out. Maybe you should send me a link. I may not be able to find it on my own. Thanks in advance.

just look for captain obvious standing outside funneling the less fortunate in...