I would wrestle for Canada or any other country that would have me. If you win the Olympics at 213 with out beating Jden then you did not beat the best in the world. Screw USA wrestling. Jden was the favorite and was going to beat Snyder most likely. I really hope he wrestles for another nation if this is not rectified.  

1 hour ago, PRyan2012 said:

I would wrestle for Canada or any other country that would have me. If you win the Olympics at 213 with out beating Jden then you did not beat the best in the world. Screw USA wrestling. Jden was the favorite and was going to beat Snyder most likely. I really hope he wrestles for another nation if this is not rectified.  

For having weigh in rules that Cox has had to follow his whole career? Nope. 

9 minutes ago, Idaho said:

For having weigh in rules that Cox has had to follow his whole career? Nope. 

I hear you on that. But if I am the favorite to win the Olympics I find a way to go period. Wrestle for PR or something. Who cares what country! I love the USA but cmon. 

4 minutes ago, PRyan2012 said:

But if I am the favorite to win the Olympics I find a way to go period. Wrestle for PR or something. 

Not sure Sadulaev will need to go to PR.  I feel like Russia (under the non-Russian banner) will take him. He’s the favorite, Cox at that weight would just be considered a strong contender. 

Edited by MadMardigain

Just now, MadMardigain said:

Not sure Sadulaev will need to go to PR.  I feel like Russia (under the non-Russian banner) will take him. 

Haha. I think Cox will beat him. But I do not think Snyder can beat him. But now we may never know! 

Unless Snyder beats him!   Maybe Cox can go with San Marino.  They  might make an exception for him.  They should have an opening at that weight?  Just has to qualify it at the Last Chance.

mspart

Edited by mspart

If I am not mistaken Cox can only compete for the USA as he has competed in multiple world level events for the country. We'll see if Cox goes with Yianni's team of lawyers for the litigation and arbitration process.

Edited by Chet Hanson

2 hours ago, PRyan2012 said:

This makes no sense. Cox could have lost his semi. If the guy who beat Cox loses to Snyder then did Snyder not beat the best in the world if he beats Sadulaev? 

Cox couldn’t beat the scale or the clock. Either way they were his two easiest opponents of the weekend and he couldn’t get it done. Next.

I hear you on that. But if I am the favorite to win the Olympics I find a way to go period. Wrestle for PR or something. Who cares what country! I love the USA but cmon. 

When was Cox announced the favorite to win it?  I'm all team USA but this is news to me

Haha. I think Cox will beat him. But I do not think Snyder can beat him. But now we may never know! 

And you blame USA wrestling? And not Cox who had the same opportunity as everyone else and just didn’t take care of his first responsibility which is to make weight. 

1 hour ago, Chet Hanson said:

If I am not mistaken Cox can only compete for the USA as he has competed in multiple world level events for the country. We'll see if Cox goes with Yianni's team of lawyers for the litigation and arbitration process.

as the legal expert who said that yianni would win his appeal i will tell you that cox wouldn't win his

31 minutes ago, portajohn said:

When was Cox announced the favorite to win it?  I'm all team USA but this is news to me

Agreed. Cox wasn't even the favorite to make the team, let alone the Olympics. Sadulaev is a massive favorite to win in Tokyo. 

12 hours ago, NJDan said:

Are you seriously quoting "Bad News Bears II"???? 

If Walter Matthau ain't in it, I don't wanna hear about it. At all. Ever.

My favorite part of that clip is Bob Watson of the Astros getting that single line.