Crash

Are 74 and 97 Semis this afternoon or tonight?

https://usawrestlingevents.com/event/2100067602/schedule

U.S. Olympic Team Trials - Wrestling (All times are Central)

Friday, April 2

Session I – Challenge Tournament: Preliminaries, Quarterfinals, Consolation Rds* (ALL STYLES AND WEIGHTS)
10:00 AM – 3:30 PM

*All Championship matches will wrestle prior to Consolation Rounds

Session II – Challenge Tournament: Semifinals and Finals (ALL STYLES AND WEIGHTS)
6:30 PM – 10:00 PM

Saturday, April 3

Session III – Challenge Tournament: Consolations, 3rd Place and True 3rd (ALL STYLES AND WEIGHTS)
12:00 PM – 4:00 PM

Session IV – Best 2 out of 3 Championship Series (ALL STYLES AND WEIGHTS)
6:30 PM – 10:00 PM

*Session times subject to change

The NBC schedule doesn't say the semis are this afternoon. It says session 1 of the challenge tournament is during the day and the finals are this evening -  no mention of semis. But I agree it is confusing.

22 minutes ago, Red95 said:

The NBC schedule doesn't say the semis are this afternoon. It says session 1 of the challenge tournament is during the day and the finals are this evening -  no mention of semis. But I agree it is confusing.

Correct. You would assume when they specifically list finals of the challenge tournament tonight, that’s all it is, but I am guessing it will be semis as well. Shouldn’t be hard to spell it out on a schedule 

14 minutes ago, Class said:

Finals tonight are 2 of 3 in addition to tomorrow night, or is it just the finals tomorrow night that are 2 of 3?

I believe just finals tomorrow night. I assume the weights that don’t have anyone sitting to finals will only wrestle semifinals tonight. Then they will wrestle in the best of three tomorrow night. 

1 minute ago, maligned said:

Tonight: single match semifinals all weights, and single match final when there's someone already waiting in an overall best of 3 finals slot. 

Tomorrow: best of 3 final, all weights

makes sense

16 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

By the end of tonight we will know what two people are wrestling for the Olympic spot which is tomorrow night best 2 out of 3. Assuming lawyers don't get involved!

We may also know the names of the two lawyers.  ;)

2 minutes ago, SamStall365247 said:

Can anyone explain why some mats are on NBC Sports and others are on Peacock? If I subscribed to Peacock can I watch all of the matches?

Tonight's semis at 7pm is not on Peacock its only on NBCSN. The consolation matches are on Peacock I believe.

Edited by DocBZ

5 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

Tonight's semis at 7pm is not on Peacock its only on NBCSN. The consolation matches are on Peacock I believe.

That isn't what the NBC schedule says. It says Mat 2 on NBCSN and other mats on Peacock. Looking at the TrackWrestling mat assignments it appears that they are splitting the semis between Mat 2 and 3. So you may have to toggle between or have one on TV and another on the computer.

5 minutes ago, Red95 said:

That isn't what the NBC schedule says. It says Mat 2 on NBCSN and other mats on Peacock. Looking at the TrackWrestling mat assignments it appears that they are splitting the semis between Mat 2 and 3. So you may have to toggle between or have one on TV and another on the computer.

No clue then...sucks for those that can't get Peacock then.

10 minutes ago, Red95 said:

I don't mind that its on NBCSN and Peacock but its really confusing ahead of time where and how to watch.  I'm set up to easily & quickly go back and forth on Peacock mats, but going between NBCsn (Hulu) and Peacock not so easy.