Class

Hawkeye Wrestling Club (HWC)

12 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

5 tournaments wrestled.

I’m not following, what does that mean? I think you’re confused, Eierman is the only Iowa guy that will get 5. Howard, Joe Lee, Starocci, Beard, and Kerk will all get 5 if they remain starters and use all their eligibility with Bartlett also having the opportunity to qualify. 4 of those 6 will be 25 or 26 year old seniors.

Edited by Mpchillin

21 minutes ago, Mpchillin said:

I’m not following, what does that mean? I think you’re confused, Eierman is the only Iowa guy that will get 5. Howard, Joe Lee, Starocci, Beard, and Kerk will all get 5 if they remain starters and use all their eligibility with Bartlett also having the opportunity to qualify. 4 of those 6 will be 25 or 26 year old seniors.

Only talking near term. 

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Let's be real, it is your school Iowa who will field an all AARP line up next year. 

Yes, but only one of them will have wrestled in 5 tournaments. It’s not 5 for Iowa. Plus, you’ll have a couple 22 year old super duper “freshman” next year. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Specifically about PSU. Missouri had a lot of freshmen too. I thought the Elams and someone else greyshirted on their team but I went back to check and turns out that isn't the case. I either have them confused with a different team, or am just completely off my rocker. Probs the latter

Who are the PSU freshmen that took both gray and redshirts and will have the opportunity to wrestle at five NCAA's that you were referring to in your previous post?  Joe Lee and Beard?

I think Howard and Bartlett were both true freshmen this year.  Starocci and Kerk were redshirt freshmen who never grayshirted.  Everyone else is an upperclassman.  

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

While not one but two PSU NCAA Champs got only 3 NCAA Tournaments. 

5 for Iowa. 3 for PSU's Hall and Cenzo. 

Cenzo might've pulled off a 3rd title, but I don't think Mark Hall would've won another title. Hall just didn't progress in college, was excellent from the start but didn't get better. Still, he'd have been good for 16 points at NCAAs, for sure, as would Cenzo. 

19 hours ago, VakAttack said:

You guys have this all wrong, this is playing out perfectly for TBar.  He can act all mad and snarky now, and then justify it in 4 years by saying "Iowa did it!"

Not mad, but definitely snarky. Lol.