10 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Crazy how much better David Carr was than Massa, and Nolf than Carr, and Dake than Nolf.  And tomorrow Burroughs will make Dake look silly

Keep dreaming bro. As I said earlier, Dake is the best that the US has to offer at this moment. JB is in a world of trouble, though I expect Dake will be conservative and try to win matches that are close but not too close. 

12 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Crazy how much better David Carr was than Massa, and Nolf than Carr, and Dake than Nolf.  And tomorrow Burroughs will make Dake look silly

No way.  Burroughs very much could win, but make Dake looks silly?  Doubtful.

14 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Tomorrow Burroughs will try to get in Dakes head early with hands to the face.  I wonder how Dake will deal with it this time?

If I were him I’d try the thing where he starts it as a low single and then slams him through the mat.

Burroughs vs. Dake should be a hell of a contest. I think it is thisclose. Thing is I think Dake may have the better chance at a gold medal this time around, but getting by JB in a best of three is not an easy assignment.

1 minute ago, iha said:

Burroughs vs. Dake should be a hell of a contest. I think it is thisclose. Thing is I think Dake may have the better chance at a gold medal this time around, but getting by JB in a best of three is not an easy assignment.

This is exactly how I feel. Maybe JB wins or this version of Dake is too much. My brain tells me it's the latter but history is impossible to ignore. But I have little doubt I'd rather have Dake in the Olympics for the best shot at gold. No American has been as studied as JB since John Smith, and Dake is just harder to prepare for. And recent history suggests JB's best days are behind him. 

Serious question and no conjecture: has JB ever been 4'd or 5'd at the senior level?

I thought Bekzod got him a 4 in 2016 but he just got him with 5x TDs and a failed challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zain not wearing the NLWC singlet. Wonder if he'd consider moving to Ohio RTC to train under Stieber?

He’s been wearing his own “brand” for a long time now. Just trying to monetize while he has name recognition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

Dake tossed him for 4 once. 

He's done it twice off the top of my head. First time, it was still 3 though.

I also think Marable might have got him once in a tripod at his first US open.

Edited by uncle bernard

25 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Serious question and no conjecture: has JB ever been 4'd or 5'd at the senior level?

Dake chest wrap throw for 4. Then Chamizo double for 4 out of bounds. I can't remember if Dake threw JB in their first encounter ever during the 2nd of best of 3 to make the World team or if that was just 2. The throw ended off the mat.

10 minutes ago, buckeye97 said:

Zain not wearing the NLWC singlet. Wonder if he'd consider moving to Ohio RTC to train under Stieber?

You spelled it wrong....It's Streiblerer.  ;-)   

*Damn, that feels good....