15 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Dake chest wrap throw for 4. Then Chamizo double for 4 out of bounds. I can't remember if Dake threw JB in their first encounter ever during the 2nd of best of 3 to make the World team or if that was just 2. The throw ended off the mat.

USA Wrestling had a special over time rule for that tournament as opposed to criteria. Under the FILA criteria rules at the time, Dake's throw would have put him in the lead. 

1 minute ago, GranbyTroll said:

USA Wrestling had a special over time rule for that tournament as opposed to criteria. Under the FILA criteria rules at the time, Dake's throw would have put him in the lead. 

Yes, I remember that, so you are right, it was in fact a throw. He would've won the match on criteria (biggest move). 

Dake is looking really good.  But he was really close with Chamizo last July.  Sidakov would be another tiny step up from Chamizo. And despite his age, JB is still competitive with those two (Chamizo and Sidakov).  Should be super interesting tomorrow, that's for sure.

1 minute ago, Katie said:

Dake is looking really good.  But he was really close with Chamizo last July.  Sidakov would be another tiny step up from Chamizo. And despite his age, JB is still competitive with those two (Chamizo and Sidakov).  Should be super interesting tomorrow, that's for sure.

I think he approached the match the way he did his first match with Nolf. Feel him out for when it matters. I'm not saying he would've lit Chamizo up had he been in OTT mode, but that was an exhibition that they both probably agreed to for the same reason and got a decent pay day out of it to boot. I feel Chamizo approached the match the same way, especially in the first period when he did pretty much nothing.

36 minutes ago, Le duke said:

He’s been wearing his own “brand” for a long time now. Just trying to monetize while he has name recognition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

had name recognition

Edited by AHamilton

10 minutes ago, ugarte said:

i don't feel like watching again but i swear that the announcer suggested that Nolf and Dake both went to Penn State

He did.  In reflecting on Burroughs' potential finals opponent:

"... and will he face Jason Nolf or Kyle Dake?  A lot of folks expected him to take on a Penn Stater - that would be Kyle Dake.  But Nolf seeing if he can spoil the party."

46 minutes ago, Katie said:

I just think Dake matches up better with Sidakov whereas Sidakov knows JB to the letter and knows he can beat him. But everything will be decided tomorrow.  

6 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Is there a way to buy cable access to NBCSports.com without actually having cable? Can you just pay for the online service somehow?

Yep, pay 7.99 a month for youtube.tv. It has it, NBC Sports,  along with the Olympic Channel and a bunch more sports channels. 

I am a big Burroughs fan but this version of Dake, including his results in his last couple of tournaments/matches, is as complete a wrestler as I have seen in a very long time, including Captain America.