When are the finals?

Picks

Gilman

Oliver

Dake

Nickal

Snyder

Steveson

These are actually the same picks I had posted in November of 2019, with the exceptions of Lee and Cox who unfortunately were unable to compete.

Three picks for Nickal and none for Taylor. That's surprising. I think Taylor handles him pretty easily, but I think familiarity will keep it from being a blowout. And I don't think Moore has anything for Snyder. After Snyder and Cox, 97kg drops off like a rock. With Cox out, Moore cruising to the finals doesn't mean much.

If Steveson doesn't blow out Gwiz, I don't like his chances against the big two in Tokyo but he could pull bronze. If he shows us another level against Gwiz, I might start drinking the koolaid.

18 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

Three picks for Nickal and none for Taylor. That's surprising. I think Taylor handles him pretty easily, but I think familiarity will keep it from being a blowout. And I don't think Moore has anything for Snyder. After Snyder and Cox, 97kg drops off like a rock. With Cox out, Moore cruising to the finals doesn't mean much.

If Steveson doesn't blow out Gwiz, I don't like his chances against the big two in Tokyo but he could pull bronze. If he shows us another level against Gwiz, I might start drinking the koolaid.

It may not be the same as nickel and DT and Snyder and Moore but gwiz and gable are familiar with each other as well, and they both were on the world team in 2019 and did some training together so even if gable sneaks out 2 close wins I don’t think that’ll be a reflection of what he can do overseas 

8 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

It may not be the same as nickel and DT and Snyder and Moore but gwiz and gable are familiar with each other as well, and they both were on the world team in 2019 and did some training together so even if gable sneaks out 2 close wins I don’t think that’ll be a reflection of what he can do overseas 

I'm anxious to see him complete against equally as athletic big guys. American heavies ain't like Russian heavies. 

3 minutes ago, El lucador said:

I'm anxious to see him complete against equally as athletic big guys. American heavies ain't like Russian heavies. 

Agreed, I just don’t think anyone can reasonably gauge where gable is at on the world level based on his results with gwiz. Gable is a unique talent and I think his athletic ability will surprise a lot of international guys the first time he faces them 

You have a point, but even at his best, Geno and Akgul were miles (kilometers?) beyond Gwiz. And Gwiz is slowing a bit. Despite the familiarity, I think Gable needs to show a whole new level for me to believe he has a punchers chance against those two. Doesn't have to tech him, but just show that they are not in the same class.

3 minutes ago, Crotalus said:
22 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

You have a point, but even at his best, Geno and Akgul were miles (kilometers?) beyond Gwiz. And Gwiz is slowing a bit. Despite the familiarity, I think Gable needs to show a whole new level for me to believe he has a punchers chance against those two. Doesn't have to tech him, but just show that they are not in the same class.

I think gwiz has completely maxed out his talents at the world level, and that’s not a knock on him, multiple world bronze medals is definitely something to brag about, but I think gable is just scratching the surface of his potential, in an interview this year he said over the past year he completely dedicated himself to training and wrestling which he had never done before , and that’s a scary thought, he almost beat gwiz 2 years ago and wasn’t even taking it seriously, I wouldn’t pick him over Geno or AKgul but if anyone from USA is going too knock one of them off it’ll be gable that does it 

What's the problem?

CDT is one hour behind EDT... technically, he was correct when he stated the Eastern time (albeit, he was missing the "pm" part of the time, but aren't we splitting hairs here?)

East Coast bias? ;-P

Jess sayin'...

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

46 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

What's the problem?

CDT is one hour behind EDT... technically, he was correct when he stated the Eastern time (albeit, he was missing the "pm" part of the time, but aren't we splitting hairs here?)

East Coast bias? ;-P

Jess sayin'...

D3

But its not on at 7:30pm ET is it?  Isn't east coast now on EDT?