Mokoma

OTT Finals Thread

3 minutes ago, Jose132 said:

I don’t understand why y’all are so salty. In terms of quality it goes Women’s, Greco, Midget, then men’s. Love me some hornswaggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They canceled the midget division after Spencer and Suriano weren't able to make it

33 minutes ago, Grecojones said:

Let's look to see if there are adjustments in the second match.

He can't punch any harder, and if he can't score off his shots, I'm not sure small adjustments will change anything.  He had Dake dead to rights on that single, and somehow didn't really come close to scoring.  We've seen Dake do that to Valencia and Dieringer, but to Burroughs?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought Dake looked the best he's ever looked against Wick, and especially Nolf, but I didn't expect him to manhandle Burroughs like he did.  I wanted him to, hoped he would, but didn't really believe it.

So far, Dake's been stronger, faster, and absent throwing punches, more physical.  And Jordan doesn't look confident at all.  Dake looks like he's on a mission (or is it operation).

That said, as much as this feels different than the 2017 WTT (I think that's when Dake took the first match, gave up a lead in the second, and got beat pretty handily in the third), I doubt Burroughs will go quietly.

1 minute ago, whaletail said:

He can't punch any harder, and if he can't score off his shots, I'm not sure small adjustments will change anything.  He had Dake dead to rights on that single, and somehow didn't really come close to scoring.  We've seen Dake do that to Valencia and Dieringer, but to Burroughs?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought Dake looked the best he's ever looked against Wick, and especially Nolf, but I didn't expect him to manhandle Burroughs like he did.  I wanted him to, hoped he would, but didn't really believe it.

So far, Dake's been stronger, faster, and absent throwing punches, more physical.  And Jordan doesn't look confident at all.  Dake looks like he's on a mission (or is it operation).

That said, as much as this feels different than the 2017 WTT (I think that's when Dake took the first match, gave up a lead in the second, and got beat pretty handily in the third), I doubt Burroughs will go quietly.

Why don't you think he can punch harder?

Just now, MadMardigain said:

He was pretty funny in the Fix match last night.  Keep making noises any time Fix was trying something. 

He did acknowledge the Fix challenge was basically a YOLO, and that Vito's knee wasn't down in time.  If I didn't know better, I don't think I would have noticed any extra interest in Fix' match.

2 minutes ago, GoNotQuietly said:

She trained in the dark for almost a year and had severe personality changes and mood swings.

Yeah... that's the one.  Really wish she'd hung it up, traumatic brain injuries are no joke

Taylor just appears to have aged, significantly from where he was.  Obviously the injury plays a part in that, but part of what made Taylor special was his offensive output, and it's been lacking all tournament.  Honestly in his one-off matches with FLO and NLWC Rokfin also.