Mokoma

OTT Finals Thread

3 minutes ago, matts1w said:

Think this may be the last match we see JB wrestle?  Makes me kinda sad.

JB going to Penn RTC.  JB can still be relevant on the medal stand for a few more world years with 10 weights.  That helps his legacy and bank accounts.  Feel like USA coaches will want him around to help The team medal chances. But it seems Dake is making his claim to this spot tonight.  

Edited by MadMardigain

Three picks for Nickal and none for Taylor. That's surprising. I think Taylor handles him pretty easily, but I think familiarity will keep it from being a blowout. And I don't think Moore has anything for Snyder. After Snyder and Cox, 97kg drops off like a rock. With Cox out, Moore cruising to the finals doesn't mean much.

If Steveson doesn't blow out Gwiz, I don't like his chances against the big two in Tokyo but he could pull bronze. If he shows us another level against Gwiz, I might start drinking the koolaid.

Just quoting myself. Not a bad assessment. And I'm ready to drink the Gable koolaid. He's ready to give Geno and Akgul a shot.

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

Serious question - why didn't Cox just bump to 125? Gable is looking awesome but I believe Snyder and Cox would both win the weight.

Did he actually step on the scale at all by 8am?  I thought he was 13 minutes late, with the weight itself a non-issue.

If he just couldn't cut the weight to make 97 in time, but obviously made 125, I don't know.

The height he gets on that back flip. Good night. Now we just have to hope HHH takes over because Vince won’t know what to do with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should Steveson trim off that spare tire before the Olympics or does he need the weight to stand toe to toe with Geno and Akgul?

Does he get more speed by coming in a bit lighter?