Mokoma

OTT Finals Thread

2 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Are you a snobby prep school boy angry Dake didn’t get what he “deserved” for so long

OK, @jp157 - you seem like an incredible whiny child.  You posted a point.  And you can't shut up and keep rehashing.  Whining defined.  How can you dislike someone you consider whiny when you yourself are its definition.

1 minute ago, nom said:

OK, @jp157 - you seem like an incredible whiny child.  You posted a point.  And you can't shut up and keep rehashing.  Whining defined.  How can you dislike someone you consider whiny when you yourself are its definition.

You don’t think Dake whined?

5 minutes ago, jp157 said:

People have said the same things and made the exact same predictions about Burroughs for a long time now. I’ve been on this board a long time before posting. 

Dakes whining and crying and the resulting rule changes are on record: 

Dake won fair & square.  JB is one of the Goats of USA wrestling but relax my friend.  Changing of the guard.

I'm not a fan of judging Burroughs in an interview after losing these matches.  Give him a break.  I thought he did quite well.

No kidding. Allow him to be human. He handled that with a lot more class than a lot of us would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB set the tone for the USA team for many years - confident but respectful  and gracious in victory - and I think others followed his lead.  Don't know what team personality will emerge without JB's leadership, I hope somebody similar steps up but who will that be?

Edited by swoopdown

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Eh, I just disagree.  It's not like he complained or made excuses, etc.    Also, all the questions were about him and his future.  I think you're being a bit unfair.  There was nothing unclassy about it.  Anyway, we're debating semantics.  Dake has surpassed Burroughs, finally.  It's felt like this should have happened a couple of years ago, but Dake kept pushing, grinding, and improving.  Dake is better than he's ever been at 30.  Bring home that gold, Dake!  Really want to see him vs. Sidakov.

I'm a JB fan too. But most people who give credit to their opponent aren't responding to questions about their opponents. It's not required, like a handshake in college. But I expected a competitor like JB to acknowledge his opponent much like his opponent has acknowledged him every time he lost to him. Doesn't make JB a sore loser. Just not what I expected.

Just now, jp157 said:

You don’t think Dake whined?

Give it a rest.  He just won a spot he's been trying to win for a long time.  Was completely complementary of Burroughs.  The only one whining here is you.

Dake looked great! I thought JB would have a better game plan to deal with Dake’s chest wrap, but Dake is just so positionally sound. I really wanted to see Burroughs cement his legacy with one more Olympic gold, but I’m not surprised to see Dake win this. I think he will win Olympic gold too.

Just now, Eagle26 said:

Dake looked great! I thought JB would have a better game plan to deal with Dake’s chest wrap, but Dake is just so positionally sound. I really wanted to see Burroughs cement his legacy with one more Olympic gold, but I’m not surprised to see Dake win this. I think he will win Olympic gold too.

Can’t wait to see if Dake wrestles Chamizo and/or Sidakov. Should be amazing to watch. 

Sad to see the run end for JB, but glad to see Dake get his turn.  It's been a long time coming.  And both responding well, JB reflective and honest, Dake showing respect to the man he has finally surpassed.

Good day for wrestling.

I just want to say I thought Gwiz, Snyder, and  Burroughs would be on the Olympic team.  As of now, Snyder is in his second match, the other two lost 2-0.  I am batting .333 which is good for baseball but not very good in the world of prediction.  I feel bad for Burroughs, but Dake showed he is better.  JB did not have any left in his tank to pull out a victory at the end which he does very often.  Gwiz just got outmatched by a horse.  Incredible. 

mspart

3 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

You know - every FKKNG post you lay out here is chock full of arrogance and condescension.  Not sure if you are JP or if you are just a sniffer, but regardless you are insufferable.  And to be clear - its obvious you are going for erudite - yet you come off as a dumb FK  

Yet you have yet actually state ways I’m wrong. Others who disagree with me do so. If I’m so dumb actually tell me the way I supposedly am.. but you don’t. 

So apparently you care mostly about how I make you feel. Which.. okie dokie