Mokoma

OTT Finals Thread

Snyder needs some sharper tools, and hoping some newer looks to be able to get Gold.  Hoping he is gathering them.  He looks good.  He is Captain America.  

1 minute ago, GoNotQuietly said:

Snyder looks good here, but he looks a long way off from beating Sadulaev and the Iranian good.

Nah, he just didn't run the score up on Moore again. Glad to see he looks leaner than the last two years of bulk szn though

2 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Exactly - I will be rooting for the other American wrestlers, but probably not Dake

That was a shot at DT, not Dake.  DT made a similar comment after Cox lost in the last Olympics.  Or maybe world championship, I don't remember exactly.

Edited by VakAttack

5 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Hall? JB is moving to the same RTC later this year. He will eat Hall up. Nickal is too big now. He'll go for 92 kg if he doesn't leave for MMA. 

If Valencia can grow another lung, I could see him doing it, but nobody else.

Fair points.  No chance for Dieringer or Imar?

Exactly - I will be rooting for the other American wrestlers, but probably not Dake
My comment wasn't a knock on Dake. I will be rooting for him. I'll also be rooting for the guy I was implying lacks class, but will feel sick if he loses.

Just now, Mokoma said:

Fair points.  No chance for Dieringer or Imar?

I think Ringer is too slow and one-dimensional. Dake showed the blueprint for beating him. Take away the left arm and circle right.

Imart beat JB once so anything is possible, but I'm worried about his shoulder. He got surgery already and apparently reinjured it and missed the trials. That's not a good sign. I've had both of my shoulders scoped and repaired twice each (spurs, labrum, complete separation). It is very hard to recover from two shoulder surgeries. I would say impossible in wrestling.

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

That was a shot at DT, not Dake.  DT made a similar comment after Cox lost in the last Olympics.  Or maybe world championship, I don't remember exactly.

Thanks for the clarification - that's a gross (not to be confused with Seth) reaction to me (from DT in this case)

Edited by flyingcement

Just now, wrestlingnerd said:

I think Ringer is too slow and one-dimensional. Dake showed the blueprint for beating him. Take away the left arm and circle right.

Imart beat JB once so anything is possible, but I'm worried about his shoulder. He got surgery already and apparently reinjured it and missed the trials. That's not a good sign. I've had both of my shoulders scoped and repaired twice each (spurs, labrum, complete separation). It is very hard to recover from two shoulder surgeries. I would say impossible in wrestling.

Nolf have any chance against JB at 79?

Dake wrestled  very defensive and measured match, I think if he opened up he would have beat JB by 3-4 points.  I love JB, bummed he lost, he just seemed a step slower.  E.g, thought he could have worked for that stepout with a minute left (probably worried about the chest wrap) and just felt like the last little bit of explosiveness wasn't there.  Kudos to Dake, having to prepare for a 2 out of 3 with Burroughs makes me feel good about beating Russia.  

6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Lol. He was so excited you gave him another reason to dislike Dake. Whoopsies.