Mokoma

OTT Finals Thread

You couldn't ask anything more from a coach. KJ will lose his job over this probably, and he's willing to do it for his guy. Hell of a coach going to war and falling on the sword for his guy. Utmost respect to KJ.

Not really. Isn’t this the third time he’ll lose a job for screwing up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snyder a bit more out for blood than normal or just so much better than Moore it's inevitable?

Just that much better. I’ve seen people really underestimating him for loses to top competition.

Just now, lu_alum said:

Not really. Isn’t this the third time he’ll lose a job for screwing up?

He didn't screw up Cox did. I think KJ is just taking the fall for Cox.

4 minutes ago, nom said:

If JB loses again ... are shoes going to be on the mat?  I'm thinking no. 

My thought is the coaches would encourage him into stay for awhile longer.  Not sure Dake is at that weight class in a none Olympic year.  JB is still capable of medaling a few more year which helps his legacy, bank account, and could help USA Wresting place high as a team at Worlds.  

Edited by MadMardigain

Just now, lu_alum said:

Hasn’t he already said he is staying on for 2024 at the Penn RTC?

Honestly, I'd be surprised by that.  Smart to feel that way now.  But he is 32.

1 minute ago, MadMardigain said:

My thought is the coaches would encourage him into stay for awhile longer.  Dake won’t be at that weight class in a nine Olympic year.  JB is still capable of medaling a few more year which helps his legacy, bank account, and could help USA Wresting place high as a team at Worlds.  

Didn't he say he was moving up to 79kg after this cycle?

2 minutes ago, nom said:

If JB loses again ... are shoes going to be on the mat?  I'm thinking no. 

He already committed verbally to another cycle and will be joining the Penn RTC. If he loses, I don't think he does it today, but my suspicion is he will go for gold at the Worlds (at 79 kg if he loses and Dake medals) to get that elusive record-tying medal and then probably call it quits.

Just now, wrestlingnerd said:

He already committed verbally to another cycle and will be joining the Penn RTC. If he loses, I don't think he does it today, but my suspicion is he will go for gold at the Worlds (at 79 kg if he loses and Dake medals) to get that elusive record-tying medal and then probably call it quits.

Sounds about right.

On 4/3/2021 at 8:15 PM, bnwtwg said:

You couldn't ask anything more from a coach. KJ will lose his job over this probably, and he's willing to do it for his guy. Hell of a coach going to war and falling on the sword for his guy. Utmost respect to KJ.

x

Edited by TFBJR
clean up

Just now, TFBJR said:

Respect??  He cost the guy a lifelong dream and has wrecked every program he has been involved in.  My benefits of the doubt for KJ are exhausted.  He needs to get his CPA

I'm saying that Cox blew weight and KJ is taking the fall by "telling Cox the wrong time"

On 4/3/2021 at 8:18 PM, VakAttack said:

Gilman is still the same guy as he was at HWC.  He's got a shot at a bronze, but it will be draw dependent.

x

Edited by TFBJR
clean up

1 minute ago, TFBJR said:

Respect??  He cost the guy a lifelong dream and has wrecked every program he has been involved in.  My benefits of the doubt for KJ are exhausted.  He needs to get his CPA

I'm not being a wiseass, but I don't get the comment. A guy who can't read a clock can be trusted to file taxes?

Just now, bnwtwg said:

I'm saying that Cox blew weight and KJ is taking the fall by "telling Cox the wrong time"

I also think this is what happened, but...we have a lot more evidence of KJ making dumb mistakes as a coach than we do Cox blowing something as a wrestler.  I hadn't really considered the angle that his coach is also a USA Wrestling employee.

I also think this is what happened, but...we have a lot more evidence of KJ making dumb mistakes as a coach than we do Cox blowing something as a wrestler.  I hadn't really considered the angle that his coach is also a USA Wrestling employee.

Was KJ coaching anyone else this weekend?

Just now, VakAttack said:

It's bad all the weigh around but maybe it's not too late