JBluegill133

65kg qualification

Just now, bnwtwg said:

Tough opponent but JO also looks like he had a hard cut or is jetlagged. 

He definitely looked tired the last 2 minutes after two nail biters back to back in such short order. Glad he'll get a few hours here before the next one so he can start on more equal footing. Don't forget Ogannesyan won by forfeit in the 2nd round and had 4 hours to sit around waiting for this match.

Watching the three matches, it appears the strategy for the day is to conserve energy, keeping it close in the first period... and then open up in the second.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dude if Bekbulatov would've made weight....
But who knows .. he may have been just as gassed as we are

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask Frank Rizzo because he knows more than me.

7 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Thanks brother!

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask Frank Rizzo because he knows more than me.

Can you ask Frank if there's a link to updated brackets?  :)

Someone tell Frank Rizzo that if he knew more about wrestling or sports than @spladle08 he would be on this board providing top quality play by play throughout the night.
Thank you, @spladle08. Frank Rizzo aint got nothing on you.
See, I'm just glad I'm appreciated!
Thank you so much!!!!!
;) Onto the semis... So pumped!

6 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

spladle08... when does the term of your sig bet end? props to you for honoring it.

He prob doesn't know, think he has to ask Frank.  ;)

Edited by ionel

spladle08... when does the term of your sig bet end? props to you for honoring it.  

after the 74kg weight class is completed at the Olympics...  

JB just should've beat Dake damnit.... Im tempted to double down with "Chamizo outplaces Dake at the Olympics" but I don't want to cheer against our guys so.... I reckon I'll just keep to myself

(Won't be mad to see Chamizo wearing Gold though)

1 minute ago, spladle08 said:

I'm after the 74kg weight class is completed at the Olympics...

JB just should've beat Dake damnit.... I'm tempted to double down with "Chamizo outplaces Dake at the Olympics" but I don't want to cheer against our guys so.... I reckon I'll just keep to myself

(Won't be mad to see Chamizo wearing Gold though)

Thats a long sig bet.  You will definitely know everything Frank knows by then but Frank isn't learning anything new.

Thats a long sig bet.  You will definitely know everything Frank knows by then but Frank isn't learning anything new.
I'm ready to learn but dudes been MIA

What happened to Rivera?  His bracket pdf says lost but it say 0-0, all these years and I still don't understand how they score UWW brackets. 
He lost like 5-1 or 6-1 first round

Seems like this Oliver/Gadzhiev match is pretty much guaranteed to be a nail-biter.  Today Oliver won 5-4 and 3-3 and Gadz won 4-2, 2-1, and 2-1.  

At 70kg and Worlds in 2019, Gadz won world bronze winning matches 4-2, 4-3 (over Green), 3-3, and 3-2.  His one loss was 5-2 to Baev (who won gold and won all his other matches by 6+ points).

17 minutes ago, Gantry said:

What happened to Rivera?  His bracket pdf says lost but it say 0-0, all these years and I still don't understand how they score UWW brackets. 

Not that this is a whole lot easier to interpret, but he lost 5-1 in the first round to Ogannesyan (look at the TP columns, which I assume means total points)

https://arena.uww.org/weight-category/show/6c056345-ada3-11eb-803a-06b1e9be04dc/print/complete-results

Seems like this Oliver/Gadzhiev match is pretty much guaranteed to be a nail-biter.  Today Oliver won 5-4 and 3-3 and Gadz won 4-2, 2-1, and 2-1.  
At 70kg and Worlds in 2019, Gadz won world bronze winning matches 4-2, 4-3 (over Green), 3-3, and 3-2.  His one loss was 5-2 to Baev (who won gold and won all his other matches by 6+ points).
It's going to be terrifying. I can't wait

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Still not sure how Makoev got two. Would love to see the replay of where the quadpod breaks... Torreblanca's knee must have scraped the mat for a tenth of a fraction of a second. Happened so fast I couldn't see it in real time.

As soon as Maoev went behind Torreblanca was still one one elbow.  He pushed up into a quadpod after the TD.  He never broke the quadpod after getting up into it. At least that is how I think it was justified.