JBluegill133

65kg qualification

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Frankly, I just disagree.  Dake just beat Burroughs more definitively than Sidakov did, and stylistically matches up much better than Burroughs does against Sidakov.  I think Chamizo is a bigger threat to Dake.

Yazdani and Taylor have met twice, both times resulting in Yazdani looking near death.  Until he actually beats Taylor, DT is a big favorite in that match up.

Gable has certainly wrestled grown men.  He wrestledprior world medalist Gwiazdowski, for instance, and just beat the brakes off him as bad or worse than Akgul or Geno

He's still pissy because Cox missed weight.

Conspiracy theory time…

Zain gets premonition that he can’t stop Joeys counter to his shot at Trials. He’s bummed. Then realizes.. “wait a minute!! I’m wrestling at Pan Ams!! IF I CANT GO… NO ONE DOES!!”

Then proceeds to make sure it looks like he got “”caught””*

*or 

we suck 65kg historically. 

E249A037-607A-4055-B3E8-C6D24D52EC3D.jpeg

Edited by jp157

2 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Conspiracy theory time…

It’s all very clear

Zain gets premonition that he can’t stop Joeys counter to his shot at Trials. He’s bummed. Then realizes.. “wait a minute!! I’m wrestling at Pan Ams!! IF I CANT GO… NO ONE DOES!!”

Then proceeds to make sure it looks like he got “”caught””*

*or 

we suck 65kg historically. 

It's interesting but I was looking back a couple weeks ago and before the weight moved to 65 (when it was 62 and 63) we won a ton of medals.  Pretty much every year.  Then after 96 it moved to 65, and we haven't had a medal since Kolat.

25 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

No, I am one of the few that is honest about our team and our idiotic process. 

Our process sends people like Zain to Pan-Ams even though he proved for multiple years that he was a liability at freestyle. The same Zain that did nothing at back-to-back world championships. 

Countries like Iran, Russia, etc. don't decide the team based on one singular event, but instead take the aggregate to make the best determination. 

But it's okay, we haven't won a medal at 65kg since George Bush's 1st term, so everything is A-OKAY!

What about Molinaro-- did he medal or was he 5th?

28 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

Our process sends people like Zain to Pan-Ams even though he proved for multiple years that he was a liability at freestyle. The same Zain that did nothing at back-to-back world championships. 

Countries like Iran, Russia, etc. don't decide the team based on one singular event, but instead take the aggregate to make the best determination. 

But it's okay, we haven't won a medal at 65kg since George Bush's 1st term, so everything is A-OKAY!

Iran? lol

Sure... lets emulate the former power that has taken 8th and 6th and 13th in the last three contested  Freestyle Worlds.

Edited by AHamilton

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

It's interesting but I was looking back a couple weeks ago and before the weight moved to 65 (when it was 62 and 63) we won a ton of medals.  Pretty much every year.  Then after 96 it moved to 65, and we haven't had a medal since Kolat.

Lol I know. I’m just shh!t posting because people are about to go from normal themat toxic to deep toxic.. 

so might as well have fun.

and 20 years is enough to say “historically”.. right?

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Not true!  We haven't had a medal since Zadick!

again, JO cannot go out and only wrestle 1 period hard and expect to win. Regardless of the shot clock misfortune or whether the Pole would've been justified getting put on the clock as well.

If a formerly incredibly highly offensive wrestler get puts on a shot clock period he's wrestling not to lose. and then giving him the ear to ear tie up for seemingly half the match!!

again, JO cannot go out and only wrestle 1 period hard and expect to win. Regardless of the shot clock misfortune or whether the Pole would've been justified getting put on the clock as well.
If a formerly incredibly highly offensive wrestler get puts on a shot clock period he's wrestling not to lose. and then giving him the ear to ear tie up for seemingly half the match!!

The ear to ear was very disappointing, especially given anytime he genuinely shot from "space" he got in pretty good...... Man this is going to haunt him for life.

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask Frank Rizzo because he knows more than me.

Jordan proved he was the man to go try to get this done but man it's blatantly obvious he wrestles with a fear of getting tired.  Those step outs he gave up came way too easily.  Just conceded them.  Every point counts.

Also the Olympics suck compared to worlds.  6 weights compared to 10 and many solid, potential champion competitors left home during Olympics.  Yes I'm bitter.

1 hour ago, MizzouGrad said:

1.) Dake is not the favorite. Sidakov is the favorite. 

2.) Taylor looks every day of 30 while the Yazdani is in his prime. 

3.) Gable has never wrestled grown men like Akgul, Geno, Kozyrev or the Iranian. 

Dude stop acting like a whiney baby about it. It happened what, a month ago? I also was dissapointed and would've liked to have seen them bend the rules for jden but damn your shtick is getting old. It's over, move on already.

Yep, 95% his fault.  Like Distribats is half the wrestler Gadzhiev is....
I'm sure Zain is happy right now too.
Did Taylor tweet his other worldly opinion yet? Just curious.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

you forgot to mention....The same Zain that earned the right to be on the team by beating everyone he needed to beat to be on the team.  
By the most unusual 45 second review at final x. It's not that cut and dry

Bur, Zain did blank Barang a few months ago. lol

10 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

By the most unusual 45 second review at final x. It's not that cut and dry

Well...don’t forget match 1 that he won, and match 2 RE-wrestle that he also won, and the other athletes he beat in the trials leading up to match 2 of Final X.

So actually, yeah he got the spot by beating them, not by a 45 second review. 

2 hours ago, MizzouGrad said:

Still pissy about Cox not making weight eh?  Are you suggesting that Zain beat all of the guys in freestyle but he should have been denied the trip to freestyle Pan Ams because you know the others would do better at freestyle and he is a freestyle liability?  It's wrestling, people get overly aggressive and caught on their back from time to time.  I'd prefer that to taking 126 stutter step fake shots and coming up short. What has JO or Yianni done internationally to get a pass?  If they get a pass then Snyder definitely gets a pass over Cox.  Cox wouldn't have had to miss weight.  And you would be pissy about Cox not getting selected. 

I'm willing to bet $100 we do better than your prognostications.  If you believe in them lets make a friendly charity wager.  If you're just being pissy then not much help for you here. 

Edited by TFBJR
Accuracy

9 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Not weighing in is incredibly shortsighted IMO. We have seen guys get a last minute entry because they were first man out. This pretty much eliminates the changes of that happening  for Oliver does it not?

Yes, unless nobody who lost to Gadzhiev bothers to weigh in again tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Not weighing in is incredibly shortsighted IMO. We have seen guys get a last minute entry because they were first man out. This pretty much eliminates the changes of that happening  for Oliver does it not?

Only possibility becomes Destribats testing positive or Argentina dropping out of the Olympics