nom

2021 OTT consi bout thread

5 minutes ago, nom said:

Ref tells him to get up.  F kinda does and and then fires quickly  Gets leg and then behind Honis, honis is in quad pod.  Ferrari switches to a crotch lift and hoists hips up over and Honis spins as he goes.  4 awarded!    

That was a beautiful throw.

9 minutes ago, nom said:

Ferrari vs Honis - Honis is good, and I'm rooting for him, but F should show what he has here.  

Ferrari still hanging the leg out there.  Passivity F.   Handfighting.  Honis digging underhooks but no one threating.  Honis passive.  Honis fires in high crotch.  Has leg up.  Honis lifting high.  F goes to mat but keeps far leg away.  Shin whizzer.  Impressive defense.  Whistle dead.  F is on shot clock now.  F fires but Honis gets around for reattack.  And gets the leg up and then behind and then a gut!  4-0 Honis.  (but now clock point) F is hurt.  Grimacing big time.  Leg.    F is crawling on mat, trying to stretch knee.  Getting up now. going to keep going.  34 sec to go in first.  F is down on knees on mat and sstaying there.  Ref tells him to get up.  F kinda does and and then fires quickly  Gets leg and then behind Honis, honis is in quad pod.  Ferrari switches to a crotch lift and hoists hips up over and Honis spins as he goes.  4 awarded!    

Hmm, Honis had hands down.  Can still get 4 for that?

4-4 in second.  F winning.    F is going down to knees.  Ref telling him he is being bad.  Passive again?  Honis awarded a point for it after judge consult.  5-4 Honis.  F is working.  Honis to edge.  F fires, H reshot.  Nada.  1:40 to go.  F fires , and again.  and gets behind, gets Honis knee down. F winning 6-5.  1:19.  Honis fires off whistle.   .. wait, only 1 given to F before.  And honis lifts and hoists and puts F to mat and then a gut!  9-5 Honis!   Wow.   Exciting match.

Blood time F.   F hair is from the 50s.  Good look.  F fires but no.  AGain, Honis blocks off.  Now in, Honis over back.  Goes through  and gets H exposed.  And then he gets another turn!  Wow.  Honis doesn't think it should count.  Or wants 2 as well.  Hmm, wish I could see that again.  

Right now 9-9 Ferrari winning.  Announcer says could go a couple ways.  Which sucks.  This guy knows what he is talking about and he isn't even sure what the right answer is.  Honis wins the challenge!   11-9 Honis!  Crowd is booing.  F has his fans down there!  

1 pt step out.  11-10.    He goes for it with 3 seconds.  Nope. 

F loses.  Fans booing.  

Ferrari lying on mat face down.  staying there.   Honis goes over to shake hands, F not interested.  Honis keeps trying to shake.  And again, F gets up and slaps it and runs off.

You missed the part where Focus shoved the ref out of his way in that last restart... and where Focus later hung a Honis photo on the ceiling over his bed... called around to see where Honis would be next week so he could chase him down and get the win... later burned the photo like the old days... otherwise we’ll done sir!

I'll try until Zain is up.

Yianni quick TD on McKee.  Working to a turn position, but McKee moving.  Whistle.  and guess what, McKee works to a head pinch position.  Gets it.  Yianni gets behind.  3-2.  To feet.  Y goes in and gets the 2.  Tries leg lace, McKee is a brick, won't move.  And again, nope.  5-2.  M fires but Y blocks, then fires.  McKee threatening pinch but Y is working to get behind.  He lifts leg, McKee goes out.  

McKee gets a pinch and turns Y over but Yianni pauses him on own back.  2 and 2.  8-4 Yianni.  Have to watch both now ...

Ok, Yianni with tech, near pin at end with cradle but settles for the tech.  Simply far superior on feet.

Nick Lee vs Zain -- Didn't freaking see it but Lee with 4.  And then I see TD by R, and a gut.  4-4 but Lee has lead.   A lot of activity.  But no scores.  Into 2nd period.  and Lee gets to side, headlock and pulls ziain back and down!  4 points!  8-4 Nick Lee!  30 sec to go!  Z in with 10 sec left.  But Nick gets behind!  10-4 Nick Lee!!!

Holy crap.  Young guns showing this stuff at Penn State!

Is Nickal going to take Taylor tonight!??!?!??!  Just as likely as Nick Lee doing this to Zain.  Wow.

Looking forward to Yianni vs Nick Lee!!

I have Yianni and everyone posts that he is far superior but Nick Lee fought Oliver hard and just solidly beat Zain.  Hmmmm.

Zain. At least he has a Hodge Trophy.

Does anyone really think he was better than Snyder?

Nick Lee. lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Two Hodge trophies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, backpack said:

I definitely didn't expect that outcome with Nick Lee vs. Zain. Surprising to say the least. Is Zain off?

I wonder if Zain is able to keep the fire lift in the back side.  There was talk about when he wrestled Yianni in France, he was kind of annoyed that Yianni was there and he ended up losing.  Said there was some mental aspects to it.   Really don't know but I would expect keeping the fire lit when you expected to be the Olympian can be hard.  

9 minutes ago, nom said:

Ok, Yianni with tech, near pin at end with cradle but settles for the tech.  Simply far superior on feet.

Nick Lee vs Zain -- Didn't freaking see it but Lee with 4.  And then I see TD by R, and a gut.  4-4 but Lee has lead.   A lot of activity.  But no scores.  Into 2nd period.  and Lee gets to side, headlock and pulls ziain back and down!  4 points!  8-4 Nick Lee!  30 sec to go!  Z in with 10 sec left.  But Nick gets behind!  10-4 Nick Lee!!!

Yianni and Zain really didn't want to be there, but Yianni wanted to win and Zain didn't seem to care.  Yianni looked completely dejected the whole match, and sorta just wandered off the mat after the dominant victory.  Sad.

Going to Marstellar vs Massa -- in progress.  Mar is up 4-3 half way through 1st.    (Wick and Gantt are up as well).  

Mar fires to left leg but Massa ghosts him.  Massa threatening on edge, M tries a body lock (I think) throw but Massa defends and M is held on back for a moment.  Called 2 for Massa.  5-4. Massa end of first.

2nd period.  (Wick is beating Gantt 4-0 with a turn).  Tied up, Mar releases and feints.  Then lowers.  Massa defending.  Mar fires again but Massa says ole! and hops to side.  Has front headlock (standing), now Mar down to knes,  Massa able to get to side and get cradle and rolls Mar as they go out.  7-4.  Think only for TD, not for the roll (announcer -I think he is right).  1:30 to go in second.  

Massa now with a quick go behind.  9-4.  1 min to go.  (Wick up 4-2).  (6-2 Wick).  30 sec, Mar lowers, Massa backs and circles.  Massa win!  9-4.

Wick is handling Gantt.

Jackson vs Valencia.  Valencia working a head pinch.  He gets it.  Jackson is knocked out!!!    I'm sure the blood was cut off there.  Zahid was out in front with a tight headlock and was really pulling hard.  Jackson tried not to go.  Lots of pressure on neck.  Jackson went over.  Whistle blows.  Jackson slowly rolls and twitches to his back.  But sits up after a few seconds.  Only one turn awarded.  2-0.  Restart after Nate walking it off.

Damn, looked down to this screen .. missed something..  Zahid had something and a turn with similar move? ... but no points?  What the?  I missed that but why no points?  Crowd not happy.   Activity ... Jackson goes,  but Z gets behind.  And then a gut.  6-0.  

2nd period.  Nate reaches up so Z goes down to leg, TD, turn.  10-0 Zahid.

Edited by nom

Zahid’s front head was tight but looked legal both times. At least 4 taken from him. About did it again and then switched to a go behind for 2 so that he didn’t get jobbed.