nom

2021 OTT consi bout thread

Downy vs Z Valencia 

Downey is working upper body.  separate.  downey throw by but Zahid gets away as Downey dives for an ankle. (Dean FF apparently).  Downey working for upper body ties, Zahid backing away.  Z in for sing, doubles off but no lock..  too feet  ..Downey stuffs him.  Good D for Downey.  1 min to go.  Downey with passivity.  Not sure about that.  I get Z just scored but I see Downey working upper body.  So D on clock.  1-0 Zahid.  

And the Zahid Valencia duck under ... boom.  Locks the body and gets behind as Downey goes to mat.  3-0 Zahid.  

2nd period - Z goes low, for single, misses,s stays low, starts up and then another duck under.  Beautiful.  5--0.  Then on restart, stepout for D. 5-1.  2:15 to go.  Z reaches for ankle but D steps away.  Downey treis to throw by and go in but Z ties him up.  Z looks tired.  Some action .. tied up.  Both tired.  D triying for upper body stuff.  Z backs, D comes forward, so Z lowers and goes in, TD and a very fast gut turn.  9-1.  30 sec to go.   

Zahid down on mat, D trying to get around near edge.  No.  Zahid then gets behind for 2.  11-1 win with 12 sec to go.

3 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Because JO is a beast and will show it against McKenna tonight.

Who else beat Gabe Dean I see it’s Downey / Valencia for 3rd?

Gabe dropped out of the tournament after he lost on the front side

Just now, TripNSweep said:

"It's the ref's fault I got tech falled in the consolation finals."- PD3

i have to say he had a legit gripe on some of the calls in the Nickal match that Nickal ultimately made moot.

Gadsen vs Walz .. Gadsen gets TD, works on legs, gets them laced, gets 2 turns.  6-0. 

2nd period.  Walz with some 1/2 shots but never really commits.  Announcer is agreeing.  

Done.  6-0 Gadson.

Edited by nom

1 minute ago, ugarte said:

i have to say he had a legit gripe on some of the calls in the Nickal match that Nickal ultimately made moot.

I wonder if those gripes are what caused Nickal to score 13 points unanswered. 

Just now, TripNSweep said:

I wonder if those gripes are what caused Nickal to score 13 points unanswered. 

that's what i mean by "he made them moot" - Nickal really started to run through him

Parris V Nelson --  The 'blue' singlets for Gopher wrestling club isn't much better than the red.    They need to fire their designer. 

Parris to a leg. but Nelson gets it away.  Hmm, Parris in, has a hand full of Nelson's underwear.  Rips it big time.  Coming out of bottom of Nelson's singlet.  Gets behind and gets turns.   6-0!   Announcer is calling it compression gear.  Perhaps!  Better explanation.   Challenge, and 1 point penalty against Parris.  0-1 Nelson!    I can see it ... but ugh.

Restart.  Parris TD.  2-1.  Tries for a gut but no go.  

2nd period.   Parris in, leg up in air, a bit of a scramble, and he gets the 2.  

Does Nelson shoot?  He should have been nailed for passive about 4 times by now.  

Mason in again.  Has lock but Nelson extended.  No go.  Mason should ease up on the shots.  Nelson doing nada. ... OK, Nelson is moving forward, Lowers, Mason backs up and out.  4-2.  Nelson now shooting.  another step out as he gets down to legs and Mason sprawls.  Mason needs to hold center better.  Nelson trying to bull him.  Parris lowers.  Gets a leg.  Sitting up.  gets both legs.  And gets the 2.  10 sec to go.

Parris wins 6-3.

Edited by nom

7 minutes ago, jross said:

So Nolf dug into the trash can to get a kid’s dropped souvenir... signed autographs with part of the trash can around his neck... then took his singlet off and gave it away.

So Nolf is walking around with a trash can on his head and no clothes? What in the world. 

3 hours ago, nom said:

Downey was clearly superior in that match.  Able to move Brooks.  More aggressive.   That was an impressive win off a great up and comer.

Is it crazy to think Downey might be the 3rd best 86 kilo guy in the country?