shieldofpistis

bo nickel and his antics

10 minutes ago, Bozak2018 said:

All he could muster for a guy he trains with was to slap his hand and get off the mat as soon as he can?  How about losing with some grace?  

Pretty much what half the losing wrestlers did when beaten. The only difference is he trains with DT, but he still lost and had to deal with that loss. 

Btw, the score might not have screamed domination but DT basically did dominate that match. There was one point where Bo did something I did not expect and Taylor stoned him. Never thought Nickal would score on him after that.

Wow.  People like to find something to criticize.  He just got beat 2x in a row and is not an Olympian.  I’m sure he had a lot going on in his head and wanted to be out of there.  Whatever.  Has plenty of time to talk to Taylor later.  

Sure, a big teary hug would have been sweet.  But come on, give him a break.

1 hour ago, nom said:

Wow.  People like to find something to criticize.  He just got beat 2x in a row and is not an Olympian.  I’m sure he had a lot going on in his head and wanted to be out of there.  Whatever.  Has plenty of time to talk to Taylor later.  

Sure, a big teary hug would have been sweet.  But come on, give him a break.

I just wanted Taylor to give him the complimentary Nickal atta boy. Nickel can give but he can’t receive? 

Wow...after all these years watching Nickle wrestle, I never once felt like he was a jerk of any sort during or after a match.  He always seemed level headed and composed if not gracious to the looser of the match.  Are people hating on PSU more than Bo, but just using Bo as a scapegoat??  Just seems weird for all the hate when I have never seen anything that would lead me to not "liking" him.  And I am not even a big PSU fan but rather a fan of good wrestlers and good sportsmanship.  As for his loss Saturday...again when I watched it I didn't think anything was out of the ordinary in the way he acted after the loss.  Only thing I could think of was he didn't wrestle that well and Taylor was better.  Again just weird what some peoples perceptions are...it's almost as if people look for things to not like just because of the name on the front of the singlet...

1 hour ago, dman115 said:

Wow...after all these years watching Nickle wrestle, I never once felt like he was a jerk of any sort during or after a match.  He always seemed level headed and composed if not gracious to the looser of the match.  Are people hating on PSU more than Bo, but just using Bo as a scapegoat??  Just seems weird for all the hate when I have never seen anything that would lead me to not "liking" him.  And I am not even a big PSU fan but rather a fan of good wrestlers and good sportsmanship.  As for his loss Saturday...again when I watched it I didn't think anything was out of the ordinary in the way he acted after the loss.  Only thing I could think of was he didn't wrestle that well and Taylor was better.  Again just weird what some peoples perceptions are...it's almost as if people look for things to not like just because of the name on the front of the singlet...

Well I can see how you could take his antics after his matches as just being a nice guy but it really is a d**k move.  No wrestler after getting pinned or dominated wants to be helped up off the mat.  I would bet it is hard to find any athlete that would want to be helped up in any sport after an embarrassing loss.  Heck, Bo didn’t want to shake his own teammates hand and someone he trains with daily after his loss so.  Bo knows this but still played into this in college.  He certainly wasn’t a showboat jerk but his antics in college where pretty jerky.

3 hours ago, dman115 said:

He is a classic "love him when he is on your team, hate him when he is not" type guy. He is a great wrestler and he knows it. Personally I love the antics and I think its entertaining and warranted considering he backs it up but I totally get it rubbing people the wrong way. Agree with Twoooo, helping up people after you dog walk them is one thing in HS but in college I find it hard to believe there are a lot of guys who appreciate that. Comes off as a "sorry I had to do that to you, I am just that good", intended or not.

1 hour ago, pepe le pwnage said:

He is a classic "love him when he is on your team, hate him when he is not" type guy. He is a great wrestler and he knows it. Personally I love the antics and I think its entertaining and warranted considering he backs it up but I totally get it rubbing people the wrong way. Agree with Twoooo, helping up people after you dog walk them is one thing in HS but in college I find it hard to believe there are a lot of guys who appreciate that. Comes off as a "sorry I had to do that to you, I am just that good", intended or not.

Fair enough