VakAttack

Congrats to the NLWC

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Three of our 6 Olympic MFS representatives (plus somebody said Helen is there too, so potentially another), nothing to sneeze at there.  They're the gold standard for RTCs right now.

Plus 3 more as training partner team members. 

Three of our 6 Olympic MFS representatives (plus somebody said Helen is there too, so potentially another), nothing to sneeze at there.  They're the gold standard for RTCs right now.
Money talks. Buy off the other rtc talent. Great coaching strategy.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Unless something's changed, the rep gets to pick his partner so I'd imagine that RBY, Bo, and Brooks get to come along for the ride.

Congrats to NLWC.

Ill throw a little shoutout to my Tar Heel Wrestling Club too. Kenny Monday had the two wrestlers competing out of Chapel Hill ready to go this weekend. JO won in a tough field and Kilte was right there with Miracle until she got hurt. 

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

I get the sense Bo will not be interested.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If I'm DT, I'd pick JB, unless Dake does so himself. I doubt JB would accept either offer, but you never know. You want the best possible training partner to prepare for the tournament of your life.

He can train with Snyder and ignore Taylor like he's been doing all weekend.
I did not realize there was this much animus. Tell Bo he can forego his future MMA riches and he is welcome to go train at the second richest RTC in Iowa City.

2 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

If I'm DT, I'd pick JB, unless Dake does so himself. I doubt JB would accept either offer, but you never know. You want the best possible training partner to prepare for the tournament of your life.

I think Dake is bringing Gabe or Yianni.

Just now, ShakaAloha said:

I think Dake is bringing Gabe or Yianni.

Probably, just saying it would be good for him to get a a different look too. That said, whatever he's doing is working ridiculously well so who am I to even have an opinion. Dake did pick Imart when he won his first world title, so there is a little precedent for someone not as familiar. 

53 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Money talks. Buy off the other rtc talent. Great coaching strategy.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Are you upset that wrestlers are finally getting money? We can't have it both ways in this sport.

33 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I did not realize there was this much animus. Tell Bo he can forego his future MMA riches and he is welcome to go train at the second richest RTC in Iowa City.

This is coming from an Illinois RTC/Illini fan. You, uhh, may not want to throw around that weight at this current time, sir.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

Very well funded but doing a great job. 

Not a given that they will be from the NLWC. Zain took Darian Cruz to worlds as his training partner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting given the difference in size. What's the connection, HS contemporaries who kept in touch?

Don’t know for sure, but I would think John & Russ Hughes had something to do with it. (Benton / PSU / Lehigh)

On 4/4/2021 at 12:51 AM, lu_alum said:

Not a given that they will be from the NLWC. Zain took Darian Cruz to worlds as his training partner.

That can happen, but 2nd and 3rd get you additional funding and training opportunities.